Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 12:27 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Brother we are all fitted to destruction , wherein our old man is crucified forevermore no longer to rise again because a NEW MAN is standing where an old man once stood.

God will mend and restore us in His fire unto a perfect man.

Hi there Pneuma, it is good to have you with us. There is only one road into the Tree of Life and it is by way of angelic beings who hold flaming swords swirling in every direction. Fire is the essence of our Father, in symphony with love, spirit, and light. We come to Him through the flaming swords of the Lord; and stand quite transformed as mere earthly dwellers into winged creatures who have emerged through metamphoo to dwell with Him. The way of Jesus Christ is through death unto/into life.

Quote:
God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.
HERE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 12:33 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Yes, we do Curly, we serve the same God. We just disagree on this subject in God's word. I also agree with the word of God, just as you do. We are understanding this differently. Yes, His work is truly living and life You have a nice day too, Curly. Take care and God bless you.
Amen Shana. You have the right attitude and spirit and it truly shines through when compared to the attitude of others who choose to disagree with you. It is easy to see who truly is being led by the spirit...the comparison is very vivid. I know others see this as well. You are such a witness for God.. Thanks, Shana.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:48 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
Quote:
Fitted to destruction

There is a doctern that the church has been teaching for so long now that mankind excepts it without actually taking it to God and check it out in His word to see if it is true.

This doctern is based on fear and is more damaging then the one about the rapture.

This doctern is ETERNAL TORMENT (E.T.) and has not even entered into the mind of God.
amen pneuma.

Quote:
The scriptures tell us that Jesus Christ is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 1Tim4:10

Did you get that? Jesus Christ is the Saviour of ALL MEN, SPECIALLY of those that believe.

Yes, the truth of God.

Quote:
1) ALL MEN
Ro.9:19-24 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find
fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20Nay but, O man, who art
thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him
that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Yes, who art thou oh man? Can you resist God`s will? The church says you can.

Quote:
You can see that these vessels are fitted to distruction,but what
does it mean to be fitted to distruction? Let look at it:
The word fitted
comes from the Greek word 2675 katartizo { kat-ar-tid’-zo}
from 2596 and a derivative of 739; TDNT - 1:475,80; v
AV - perfect 2, make perfect 2, mend 2, be perfect 2, fit 1, frame
1, prepare 1, restore 1, perfectly joined together 1; 13
GK - 2936 { katartivzw }
1) to render, i.e. to fit, sound, complete
1a) to mend (what has been broken or rent), to repair
1a1) to complete
1b) to fit out, equip, put in order, arrange, adjust
1b1) to fit or frame for one’s self, prepare
1c) ethically: to strengthen, perfect, complete, make one what he
ought to be
Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon
I see you are a SEEKER of the truth and one who STUDIES the word. That`s what all who truly want the truth should be doing. Unfortunately, the masses would rather just believe whatever the church tells them..shame. You will find many church taught followers on here don`t want to be bothered with studying what the actual words mean. They are content with what the English translated KJV says.

Quote:
Our old man(flesh) is fitted to destruction so the new man can come forth , Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
This is exactly what the second death accomplishes in our life.

Quote:
1 Peter 5:10 we read
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect(katartizo) stablish, strengthen, settle you.

That after we have SUFFERED a while makes us perfect, establishs us, strengthens us,and settles us.

Brother we are all fitted to destruction , wherein our old man is crucified forevermore no longer to rise again because a NEW MAN is standing where an old man once stood.

God will mend and restore us in His fire unto a perfect man.
Thank God for his truth and wisdom. It`s easy church...God knows what he is doing. God is in control. Just believe his word.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:23 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:

2) ONE MAN
Verse 21 says Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the SAME LUMP to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

This SAME LUMP is speaking of ONE MAN (one body). It is speaking of our old man (flesh) and the spiritual man. One vessel unto honour ( spiritual man) ,one vessel unto dishonour (old man) of the SAME LUMP. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Verse 17 says For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Am I ever glad that God in His wisdom used Pharaoh for this statement. Pharaoh is an example of our old man (flesh). Pharaoh kept Gods children in bitter bondage and would not let them go , until the deliverer Moses ( type of Christ) came and delivered Gods people out of bitter bondage, and slew Pharaoh and the Egyptians in the sea(type of baptisem). In like manner our old man (flesh) keeps us in bitter bondage until we are delivered by Jesus Christ and our old man(flesh) and all works of the old man (flesh) are destroyed by baptisem in the cross of Jesus Christ.

Our old man(flesh) is fitted to destruction so the new man can come forth , Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
This is exactly what the second death accomplishes in our life.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

They shall not be hurt does not by any means mean that they don't go though the 2nd death , it means that they do go though but like the 3 Hebrew children they will not be hurt in the fire. They have in fact become a part of the fire.
Excellent points, Pneuma. Thank you for sharing. God bless.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:24 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
Amen Shana. You have the right attitude and spirit and it truly shines through when compared to the attitude of others who choose to disagree with you. It is easy to see who truly is being led by the spirit...the comparison is very vivid. I know others see this as well. You are such a witness for God.. Thanks, Shana.
Spm62, thank you for your kind words. God is good all the time God bless.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Hi there Alpha, it is good to have you at the discussion. If you take a few moments from your busy moderating efforts, and explore twenty plus distinctive Hebrew words for destruction, you will find that destruction is linked with being brought to newness of life, perfection, and change, in a number of them. We will not focus upon those words for the moment, (but rest assured we shall explore them later).

The word for destruction in the New Covenant is apollumi, and a very powerful word indeed. Do you know that the Master of the Reconciliation promises apollumi to those who walk with Him in the Cross? He surely does!

"Fitted for/unto destruction"

Fitted=Katartizo=

To mend what has been broken or rent.

To repair what has been broken or rent.

To complete/ strengthen/ perfect.

To make one what he aught to be.

So, my friend, our Lord moves along the line of making what one aught to be, by breaking and rending, and repairing what has been broken or rent. Let's call it the Big Fix.
I know you can hardly wait for the revelation, Alpha. I am still searching the vast caverns of my research to find some of the Hebrew words for destruction linked with new life and perfection. Rest assured, your wait shall be worth it.

In the meantime, some other lad appears to be breathing down the same vein of revelation.....

JUST WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THE WORD DESTRUCTION?

The word destruction can be found in the Authorized Version, or the King James Bible, a total of 94 times; 82 times in the Old Testament alone. According to Young’s Analytical Concordance to the Bible, this sole English word is used to represent 32 different Hebrew words! It is not my intention to produce a tome on this subject, so I will briefly list some of the meanings of these different Hebrew words.

HERE (http://hell-fact-or-fable.com/destruction1.html - broken link)

Old 05-03-2009, 04:14 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
I see you are a SEEKER of the truth and one who STUDIES the word. That`s what all who truly want the truth should be doing. Unfortunately, the masses would rather just believe whatever the church tells them..shame. You will find many church taught followers on here don`t want to be bothered with studying what the actual words mean. They are content with what the English translated KJV says.

Hi spm, we are to live by every WORD that comes from God, so many in the churches because they don't look up the meaning of the WORD miss out on the life that is in them.

God bless

Old 05-03-2009, 04:44 AM

Default Covenant with death and hell

Has anyone really looked at what the covenant with death and hell IS?

I mean not just read it but REALLY looked at it.

Isaiah 28:14-1814 Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem. 15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Moderator cut: copyright/non-original material

http://indefenceofthecross.blogspot....-and-hell.html

Last edited by Alpha8207; 05-03-2009 at 07:02 AM..

Old 05-03-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Hi there Pneuma, it is good to have you with us. There is only one road into the Tree of Life and it is by way of angelic beings who hold flaming swords swirling in every direction. Fire is the essence of our Father, in symphony with love, spirit, and light. We come to Him through the flaming swords of the Lord; and stand quite transformed as mere earthly dwellers into winged creatures who have emerged through metamphoo to dwell with Him. The way of Jesus Christ is through death unto/into life.
Amen bro, gates in the scriptures more times then not represent judgment, and we see all those who are without the gate, the liars, whoremungers,adaulters etc. in Rev.22 if obeidient to His commandments STILL have the right to the tree of life and can enter in through the GATES into the city.

God bless

Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Amen bro, gates in the scriptures more times then not represent judgment, and we see all those who are without the gate, the liars, whoremungers,adaulters etc. in Rev.22 if obeidient to His commandments STILL have the right to the tree of life and can enter in through the GATES into the city.

God bless
Is it not strange the long seasons that can elapse on the back-side of the desert? Year by year falls into the great abyss, and at the juncture where we can no longer speak, and the great struggle to do the will of God vanishes into weakness and death, the Bush appears pulsating with Deity. It is there at the asamuth of death and weakness the Living One speaks.

"Take off your shoes from off your feet!"

Holy ground! The place where dust and Divinity meet! It is there in absolute weakness and inability, the Lord manifests Himself as the God that raises the dead. The road into the Tree of Life is by way of the flaming words swirling in every direction. Those who reach for the Tree will suffer the loss of the hand, the fingers, the grasp of all they are! And as the process of the swirling swords of Fire rage upon these ones, great loss is inflicted, for nothing, no one, comes to the other side the same as it enters...Nothing! nothing! nothing!

The great stages of the Living One's glory must be by degrees of doxa. We are changed from one degree of glory to another and another and another! It requires a thought process in the mind of the caterpillar that ultimately leads to the building of a cocoon from which caterpillars become flying objects of grandeur. Yes, caterpillars become butterflies, and dust moves from one road of life into the Divine One, described as "the Living", the "I AM", not the I was, the "I AM."

It is this Heavenly Road that has grasped us, the Heavenly One, the Source leading to the Road, the sustaining Guide of the Road, and the Goal of the Road. All things lead to Him, through Him and for Him! And by Him all things consist. It has taken me over 60 years to go a journey that could have been accomplished in 11 days, but dust and Divinity must meet, the goal is not all the story, the path is of equal value in the I AM! Each of us are on different stages of our Father's drawing hand, some so wrapped up in themselves they cannot see the bush that is aflame and is not devoured. It is just a common bush for many, but

"Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God; and only he who sees takes off his shoes."

Last edited by Birdy_56; 05-03-2009 at 07:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity