Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 04:33 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Now that is very ironic. I mean seriously, are you kidding me? Everybody knows the reputation of the church. You hear it time and again , the arrogance of church taught people, the anger of the fundy`s, etc. But you sit there with a straight face and seriously say the people who believe in the scripture, the love of God, that Jesus will do what he came to do, that nothing or nobody is out of God`s reach, that we will all be reconciled to our creator..we, we have pride? My goodness curly, you really need to take a long look in the mirror. Look around you and hear what people say about people intoxicated with man`s teaching, such as yourself. Then come back with a sincere heart and tell us who has the pride. Who has pride curly..the ones who say it is all up to Christ and he will do what he came to do or ones led by man who say no, it`s not up to God but it`s up to me to decide. I decide what happens to me. According to you, you make the decision. You decide what happens. That is pride my friend. Let go of that pride, curly. God is in control, not you. Maybe you wish you had that much power, but fortunately you do not.
Oh, look who strolled into the party.. its spm62!! A wanna be of universalism!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 04:40 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Oh, look who strolled into the party.. its spm62!! A wanna be of universalism!! LOL!
Thx curly, your love and personality shines through for all to see.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Thx curly, your love and personality shines through for all to see.
Me thinks yours shines brighter.......!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62
Now that is very ironic. I mean seriously, are you kidding me? Everybody knows the reputation of the church. You hear it time and again , the arrogance of church taught people, the anger of the fundy`s, etc. But you sit there with a straight face and seriously say the people who believe in the scripture, the love of God, that Jesus will do what he came to do, that nothing or nobody is out of God`s reach, that we will all be reconciled to our creator..we, we have pride? My goodness curly, you really need to take a long look in the mirror. Look around you and hear what people say about people intoxicated with man`s teaching, such as yourself. Then come back with a sincere heart and tell us who has the pride. Who has pride curly..the ones who say it is all up to Christ and he will do what he came to do or ones led by man who say no, it`s not up to God but it`s up to me to decide. I decide what happens to me. According to you, you make the decision. You decide what happens. That is pride my friend. Let go of that pride, curly. God is in control, not you. Maybe you wish you had that much power, but fortunately you do not.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:36 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
The apostle St. Paul says....

"He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will."

Amen, Birdy. God bless.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:58 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,230 times
Alpha says...."No, all will not be saved!"

The apostle Paul maintains...

Quote:
For by Him everybody and everything were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—everybody and everything have been created through Him and for Him. He is before everybody and everything, and in Him everybody and everything is held together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everybody and everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile everybody and everything to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, everybody and everything on earth or in heaven.
To Reconcile=

To cause to be friendly again.

To conciliate anew.

To restore to friendship.

To bring back to harmony.

To cause to be no longer at variance.

To bring to acquiescence and quiet submission.

To bring to agreement.

To bring into consonance and accord.

To make compatible.

To call back to fellowship.

To restore to fellowship.

To settle, harmonize and make compatible.

To bring together/ conciliate/ placate/ re-unite/ adjust.

To re-establish a close relationship.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.
HERE

"God was in Christ reconciling the kosmos unto Himself."

Old 05-01-2009, 04:33 AM

"It is what it is."

Our God declares through His servant the apostle St. Paul that the all ends in our God. The all does not end in some dimension outside of our Father's Realm (there is no such animal), but the all/ the ta pavnte ends in Him!

Romans 11:36

Quote:
oti ex autou kai di autou kai eiV auton ta panta autw h doxa eiV touV aiwnaV amhn
"For from Him everything comes; through Him everything exists; and in Him everything ends."

Of= ejk= Out of.

(Primary preposition denoting the origin/ point of action.)

Through= Diav= Through/ by means of.

(Primary preposition denoting the channel of the act.)

To= eijß= Into/ unto/ for/ towards.

(Primary preposition denoting the designated ending.)

All Things Reconciled

HERE

Quote:
God purposes in His sovereign will that all human history shall be consummated in Christ. Everything that exists in heaven and earth shall find its perfection and fulfillment in Him. AII things shall "center in and tend to consummate and to end in Him." [Romans 11:36, Amplified].
Though the ages run their course, and the time seems long; though the judgments are required and the discipline is severe; though there be many paths washed with tears, and the valley be deep, yet God hath purposed that all shall be fully restored, and the great age of jubilee shall see a universe redeemed from the tyranny of change and decay, delivered into the glorious liberty which rightfully belongs to the children of God, and the whole purpose of the ages shall rebound to the glory of God. We bow to worship HIM who truly "doeth all things well."

Old 05-01-2009, 06:30 AM

Yes Birdy....the word of God will not lie and it will prevail!
It is what it is!!

He has shown His truth through many of His children in this thread (Christ follower's= Truth).....and will lead those who are seeking truth to trust in what He reveals through their post.....and He has also shown the spirit of universalism (False teachers= lies)!

He will deliver those who are truly seeking the truth because His word does not come back void.....but man's words will falter everytime...and He so knows how to deliver the people from the lies of heresy! Praise God!

His Spirit will guide the world through the lies. God is so much bigger then universalism and no matter what they type in this forum He will use it to show many the difference between the Light and the darkness!!!
He truly will reveal His truth to the heart of those who sincerely are seeking Him!

For those who are not yet believers.....God knows how to protect them!!!

Keep posting your testimony of universalism, it just gives God more of a opportunity to reveal the difference between His truth and the lie!
I was truly a fool to think I needed to help God reveal these lies....my bad!!
Lesson well learned! I knew there was a reason to be involved in this thread. It really has taught me......My Lord God, He is a BIG God and knows how to deliver those into His TRUTH!!!
He has been doing it since the beginning of time. And has dealt with false teachers since then also!!

So I rest in Him and continue to praise Him for teaching me...through this thread to listen to Him no matter what and He will always continue to reveal His loving mercy and teach me who the false teachers are and their heresy, showing me and other's that we are His....and another thing I learned through this, how much He has strengthen my heart....that He has given me the courage and strength to not deny Him no matter what!! I love Him so much and am thankful for this experience in Him!!!

Praise the Lord Jesus, He is God!!! Hallelujah!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Yes Birdy....the word of God will not lie and it will prevail! It is what it is!!
Yes indeed! We might as well attempt to remove one single digit from the zillions that proceed from the decimal point of pi, or try and re-arrange one. The end result= implosion of the universe.

Quote:
What then does man have in his unredeemed, totally depraved state upon which God can act? He has eyes, but is blind. God can restore his vision. He has ears that are deaf. God can open his ears. He has a heart, but it is of stone. God can convert it to a heart of flesh. He has a spirit, but it is dead. God can make it live. So God has made man with the capacity to see, hear, and act responsively to his inspiring, but he cannot act until he is made alive. He cannot come forth from the tomb until he has been given a new life. Only then does he hear the voice of God saying, 'Come forth.' -Arthur Custance-

Old 05-01-2009, 07:11 AM

Romans 11:36

Quote:
For from Him everything comes; through Him everything exists; and in Him everything ends.
Robertson Word Pictures Of The N.T.

Of him ex autou

through him di' autou

unto him eiv auton

By these three prepositions Paul ascribes the universe (ta panta) with all the phenomena concerning creation, redemption, providence to God as the

Source

Agent

Goal

For ever (eiv touv aiwnav)

"For the ages." Alford terms this doxology in verses 33-36 "the sublimest apostrophe existing even in the pages of inspiration itself."

HERE

Quote:
Though the ages run their course, and the time seems long; though the judgments are required and the discipline is severe; though there be many paths washed with tears, and the valley be deep, yet God hath purposed that all shall be fully restored, and the great age of jubilee shall see a universe redeemed from the tyranny of change and decay, delivered into the glorious liberty which rightfully belongs to the children of God, and the whole purpose of the ages shall rebound to the glory of God. We bow to worship HIM who truly "doeth all things well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity