Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
There will not be a reconcilation of all things.
We must inform the prophets and apostles of your findings!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 11:03 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
We must inform the prophets and apostles of your findings!
Good idea...Birdy!!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:10 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,832 times
Quote:
There is a hell, whether one wants to believe it or not!
Actually there are five hells and every last one of them are terminated in the Lake of Theos/Pur.

Quote:
There is no second chance after a person dies.....it's now or never!
There is no first chance! Our Father's purpose in the Son of His love is not based in chance, but in His own sovereign purpose in Himself.

But, and it is a large but indeed. Our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. His purpose in His Son has no expiratory dates....every knee ultimately bows, every tongue ultimately confesses, 'You are Lord"!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Actually there are five hells and every last one of them are terminated in the Lake of Theos/Pur.

There is no first chance! Our Father's purpose in the Son of His love is not based in chance, but in His own sovereign purpose in Himself.

But, and it is a large but indeed. Our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. His purpose in His Son has no expiratory dates....every knee ultimately bows, every tongue ultimately confesses, 'You are Lord"!

Quote:
Jesus warned us of the false teachers that will come in the last days....they believe and teach their fathers lies....
It is what it is......

Old 04-30-2009, 11:15 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Quote:
Satan comes in the light..... he uses the scripture, but there is always something left out or twisted...universalism is a heresy and denies the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ..... there will not be a reconcilation of all things....there is a hell, whether one wants to believe it or not! And many will fall into the pit, because they choose death and their sin over God's gift of life through Jesus Christ! There is no second chance after a person dies.....it's now or never!

The one reason I could never turn to universalism.....is the heart of the spirit! The attitudes of arrogance, pride, haughtiness, gossipers, provoker and accusers of the TRUE CHILDREN OF GOD! A very deep anger comes across with those who hold to this teaching! All the things in opposition of God's love.....
Jesus warned us of the false teachers that will come in the last days....they believe and teach their fathers lies....

Blessings
Curly, universalism is not what we believe - that's people running around saying "do what you want; we're all going to heaven anyway".

We all know scripture (and the Spirit) doesn't teach that, promote that, impress that upon us, etc. I (and I believe others here do as well) believe that God is preparing a people to show forth His glory to a fallen world. Those "first fruits" will be those that have "given up their lives" - died to the flesh - and have been filled with His life.

As Christians, we have some measure - some more than others, to the degree of His workings in our lives.

But God can and will change hearts, just as He has ours, and the teaching of fire though true are warped. As has been said, God Himself is a consuming fire. Jesus said all that have been given Him will come to Him, and He will purge all that come. Death is not a barrier to Him. There are consequences for our actions, and those "works" will be burned up.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:55 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
Quote:
curlythecosmo
universalism is a heresy and denies the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ
That has to be the funniest thing I ever heard. Everything is based on the sacrifice of Christ.

I'll highlight it for you:
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Col 1:20 and through Him to reconcile all to Him (making peace through the blood of His cross), through Him, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens."

Phi 2:8-11 and, being found in fashion as a human, He humbles Himself, becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (9) Wherefore, also, God highly exalts Him, and graces Him with the name that is above every name, (10) that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean, (11) and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father."

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all mankind for life's justifying."
Rom 5:19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

Do you see how we do not deny the ultimate sacrifice of Christ now? It all hinges on His sacrifice.

Eusebius

Old 04-30-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That has to be the funniest thing I ever heard. Everything is based on the sacrifice of Christ.

I'll highlight it for you:
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Col 1:20 and through Him to reconcile all to Him (making peace through the blood of His cross), through Him, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens."

Phi 2:8-11 and, being found in fashion as a human, He humbles Himself, becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (9) Wherefore, also, God highly exalts Him, and graces Him with the name that is above every name, (10) that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean, (11) and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father."

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all mankind for life's justifying."
Rom 5:19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

Do you see how we do not deny the ultimate sacrifice of Christ now? It all hinges on His sacrifice.

Eusebius
Don't start..... anyone can quote scripture!!!
And to listen to one who does not have a consistency in their testimony of what they believe.....Hello!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:29 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
And exactly how have I not been consistent? I have been consistent. You just saying I have not been does not prove your assertion.

Funny, that I proved that God saving all mankind is linked directly to the death of Christ. This disproves your assertion that we deny the sacrifice of Christ.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And exactly how have I not been consistent? I have been consistent. You just saying I have not been does not prove your assertion.

Funny, that I proved that God saving all mankind is linked directly to the death of Christ. This disproves your assertion that we deny the sacrifice of Christ.

LOL!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 01:28 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,908 times
So will all be saved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity