Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 09:31 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,603,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
After reading some of your statements Fundy, you have a great deal to be worried about! The way to the Tree of Life is still guarded by angelic beings with flaming swords swirling in every direction. And the Tree of Life whose leaves are for the healing of the nations is sourced in the Katharos River of His glory. That River is a river of fire, making clean and pure everything it touches!
I have nothing to worry about because there is no eternal hell. remember. I am sitting pretty from my end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 09:34 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,360,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I have nothing to worry about because there is no eternal hell. remember. I am sitting pretty from my end.
There is indeed no eternal hell, and your end looks very bleak to me, and most assuredly not pretty!

Search= Eternal Hell=

Quote:
Your search query for 'eternal hell' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
There is indeed no eternal hell, and your end looks very bleak to me, and most assuredly not pretty!
How Birdy. Please explain to me if I am going to heaven anyway. What am I to be afraid of?

Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,360,490 times
Quote:
Please explain to me if I am going to heaven anyway. What am I to be afraid of?
There is no individual who is "going to heaven anyway"!! In fact our God's purpose is a new heavens and a new earth wherein dwells righteousness. Nothing vile enters into either dimension: that is precisely why St. Paul declares the same mass of mankind "made sinners" are the mass of mankind "made righteous."

Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
There is no individual who is "going to heaven anyway"!! In fact our God's purpose is a new heavens and a new earth wherein dwells righteousness. Nothing vile enters into either dimension: that is precisely why St. Paul declares the same mass of mankind "made sinners" are the mass of mankind "made righteous."
Birdy, that didn't answer my question Please be more assertive. It is obvious I am in big trouble when I face God so from your teachings where will I end up? (this is not judging because the bible says we have already been judged. You are just relaying the message to me)

Old 04-27-2009, 10:01 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,226,731 times
Quote:
Fundy, I don't believe scripture teaches an eternal hell -but it does teach us that God is a consuming fire, and that every work (nature) other than His will be burnt up.

Consequences.

That means people should indeed fear a holy God - but He also loves them intensely. Seriously, please take us seriously.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:22 AM

64,105 posts, read 40,405,006 times
Quote:
How Birdy. Please explain to me if I am going to heaven anyway. What am I to be afraid of?
The absence of punishment does not mean the absence of consequence, Fundy. If your "state of mind" (resonance) is so out of phase or "off" that it is incompatible with Jesus's love . . . SOMETHING will be necessary to fix it. I suspect it will not be a pleasant fix.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The absence of punishment does not mean the absence of consequence, Fundy. If your "state of mind" (resonance) is so out of phase or "off" that it is incompatible with Jesus's love . . . SOMETHING will be necessary to fix it. I suspect it will not be a pleasant fix.
Tell me something other than what is written inside a chinese fortune cookie. It does not matter. I am going to heaven, a place where there will be no tears, sorrow, sadness, sickness etc.... What is their to worry about?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 04-27-2009 at 10:32 AM..

Old 04-27-2009, 02:17 PM

14,944 posts, read 17,291,404 times
Quote:
Shana,
Sorry for the long time to respond

The point of John 1:1 is that except for Triune God, everything had a beginning. But that doesn't mean that somethings will not exsist forever after being created.

I find that there is a common mis-belief floated about...a belief that can be categorized as a lie from Satan......that a persons time of grace is extended beyond their lifetime. Satan's and his demonic angles fate is damnation and they know it.

Mark 1:23-25
"What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us?

You mistakenly take Jesus' objective mission (which is to pay for the sins of the whole world) and conclude that God waives the eternal consequence of the rebellion. That is not so.
Jesus mission has always been classified in a dual purpose...objective and subjective.
Objective.... so as that no one is without excuse...he paid for all human's sins
Subjective.. .. so as that those who believe will escape the coming wrath of those who rebelled (angels and unbelievers)

That seems to be a common link between all false religions, that somehow after death one can avoid the eternalness of hell.
Hi Twin.spin, thank you for your response. I agree that everything has a beginning except for God. All is out of God and the problem that I was trying to point out with the word "eternal" that people like to use is that this word means without beginning or end. The only thing that is without beginning or end is God, who is eternal. Everlasting is not the same as eternal because as you have shared, something can be created, and have a beginning and then last forever. It seems that would be correct to say that many believe in everlasting hell, not eternal hell. The thing is, the wages of sin is said to be death-never everlasting hell or eternal hell. The reason why we know that death is not the end, all of creation is to be delivered (Romans 8) and we know that death itself is to be abolished, made of no effect. Again, I believe that many will experience God's wrath, punishment, corrections, however there is a promise that all are to be reunited in Jesus Christ. Jesus did not pay the penalty of everlasting hell or of annihilation. The penalty was death and He overcame death, the last enemy. Death in all of its forms will be made of no effect. God bless.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:19 PM

14,944 posts, read 17,291,404 times
Quote:
Dear St. Paul: you must be kidding!

"For by Him everybody and everything were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—everybody and everything have been created through Him and for Him. He is before everybody and everything, and in Him everybody and everything is held together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everybody and everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile everybody and everything to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, everybody and everything on earth or in heaven."
God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity