Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 08:38 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,357,550 times

Advertisements

As Teddy Ruxpin PhD (The talking bear) would say..."something is not quite right."

The Hebrew word Sh@'owl is not translated as hell in 29 Scriptures of the K.J.V., instead opting for grave. Some of them are....

1 Samuel 2:6

Quote:
The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up again.
It should read....

The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to hell, and bringeth up again.

Job 14:13

Quote:
O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldst appoint me a set time, and remember me.
It should read....

O that thou wouldest hide me in hell, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldst appoint me a set time, and remember me.

"Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:44 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,507,859 times
Just yesterday I happened on a song by slayer called 'Hell Awaits' - I was horrified - by the song, the lyrics, its message....everything. I posted on the comments section - that YES hell is a real place, YES it awaits those who do not know Jesus as their Saviour and that HELL is a place of ETERNAL torment, worst nightmare ever. Jesus suffered and died to make a way for us to escape. The only way.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:34 PM

14,921 posts, read 17,260,626 times
Hi, Jenaflorrie, how do you believe this can this be if Jesus is to fill all things? God bless.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:59 AM

As Teddy Ruxpin PhD (The talking bear) would say..."something is not quite right."

The Hebrew word Sh@'owl is not translated as hell in 29 Scriptures, instead opting for grave. Some of them are....

1 Samuel 2:6

Quote:
The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up again.
It should read....

The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to hell, and bringeth up again.

Hosea 13:14

Quote:
I will ransom them from the power of the grave (sh@'owl); I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave (sh@'owl) I will be thy destruction; repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.
This passage should read....

I will ransom them from the power of hell; I will redeem them from death.' O death, I will be thy plagues; O hell I will be thy destruction; repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
YES hell is a real place, YES it awaits those who do not know Jesus as their Saviour and that HELL is a place of ETERNAL torment, worst nightmare ever. Jesus suffered and died to make a way for us to escape. The only way.
J.F. are you aware that the Lord Jesus Christ also went to hell. He sure did!

Old 04-24-2009, 09:05 AM

23,030 posts, read 34,452,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Just yesterday I happened on a song by slayer called 'Hell Awaits' - I was horrified - by the song, the lyrics, its message....everything. I posted on the comments section - that YES hell is a real place, YES it awaits those who do not know Jesus as their Saviour and that HELL is a place of ETERNAL torment, worst nightmare ever. Jesus suffered and died to make a way for us to escape. The only way.
Yes, this is what the Bible teaches.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:44 AM

Hi ILNC, do you believe that Jesus will fill all things? God bless.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:50 AM

23,030 posts, read 34,452,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi ILNC, do you believe that Jesus will fill all things? God bless.
Define what you mean by fill all things.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 AM

Hi, ILNC, my reference is Ephesians 4:9-10.

"Now this expression, 'He ascended, what does it mean, except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens that He might fill all things." (NAS)

9and that, he went up, what is it except that he also went down first to the lower parts of the earth?
10he who went down is the same also who went up far above all the heavens, that He may fill all things -- (YLT)

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 04-24-2009 at 11:01 AM..

Old 04-24-2009, 10:47 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,595,310 times
Wow, speaking with such authority Father John. "THE TRUTH"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity