Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 04:28 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It's not about you!
Awe....sure it is! The good news of the gospel is that even if I were the only person in the world Jesus would still come and die for my sin to deliver me from the grips of hell!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 06:25 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,352,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
The good news of the gospel is that even if I were the only person in the world Jesus would still come and die for my sin to deliver me from the grips of hell!!
The Lord Jesus Christ has come, my dear Curly, to bring us to God from whom we have become estranged by one man's single act of disobedience. Yes, we are "made sinners" by simply being in Adam 1. The good news, no great news, the same mass of mankind "made sinners", are the mass of mankind to be "made righteous."

"In conclusion, just as through one transgression condemnation came upon all, so through one righteous act acquittal and life came to all. For just as through the disobedience of one person the mass of mankind were made sinners, so through the obedience of one the mass of mankind will be made righteous."

Old 04-04-2009, 06:39 PM

Is Hell Eternal or Will Gods Plan Fail?

HERE

Quote:
Heaven in its essential nature is not a locality, but a moral and spiritual status, and salvation is not securing one place and avoiding another, but salvation is finding eternal life. Immortal life is merely endless existence after bodily death. All souls, saints, and sinners, do go together into immortal life just as they were together in this life. Eternal life has primarily no reference to time or place, but to a quality. Jesus said, "This is life eternal that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent." Immortal life is existence regardless of quality. Eternal life is right life, here, there, everywhere. -P. T. Barnum

Old 04-04-2009, 08:13 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,203,100 times
An eternity of hell does not glorify the Father. It says that people will suffer for all of eternitiy, remaining enemies of God, forever bound to the consequences of sin. Sin will have won in their hearts as opposed to love, light, truth, righteousness, goodness. It means that evil and sin will reign forever since these individuals will never be restored to their Creator. It means that the effect of sin and the effect of Adam's sin on the human race will have a greater effect than the sacrifice of the Lamb of God who died for all men. But the Lamb of God takes away the sin of the world, and all things have been given to Him. All are to be reunited in Him (Ephesians 1). He came to destroy the works of satan and eventually all power, rule, and authority will be abolished, (excluding the Father's) when all are made subject to Him. (1 Corinthians 15:24-28) No more power of sin, no more power of evil, no more power of satan to reign. God bless.

"Now judgment is upon this world, now the ruler of this world has been cast out, and I, if I am lifted up from the earth will draw all men unto Myself." (John 12:32)

Old 04-04-2009, 08:24 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,417,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
No biblical truth of " eventual restoration of all to God "!

The Bible teaches.....

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 14:6
I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3

John 10:27-28
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand....

Rev.21:6-8
And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirst.
He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Micah 4:5
For all people walk each in the name of his god, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever!
AMEN! The Bible does NOT teach of the eventual restoration of everyone. People have a choice and God will honor the choice of those who reject Him.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN! The Bible does NOT teach of the eventual restoration of everyone. People have a choice and God will honor the choice of those who reject Him.
Au contraire! If you think for an instant that our little will displaces the Will of all wills, think again! Perhaps all/pas does not mean everything to you Lover of N.C., but alas, it is indeed all inclusive, and radically means all. That is why the Living One has spoken by/ through the mouths of the prophets from the earliest ages regarding the restitution of all things.

Fire Is The Portion Of All

These words bring us to the New Testament. There we find that "fire," like judgment, so far from being the sinner's portion ONLY, is the portion of all. Like God's judgment again, it is not future merely, but present; it is "already kindled," always kindled: its object is not torment, but cleansing. The proof comes from the lips of our Lord Himself. "I am come to send fire on the earth," for it is certain that He came as a Saviour. Thus, coming to save, Christ comes with fire, nay, with fire already kindled. He comes to baptize with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.

Therefore, it is that Christ teaches in solemn passage (usually misunderstood, Mark 9:43) that everyone shall be salted with fire. And so the "fire is to try every man's work." He whose work fails is saved (mark the word saved), not damned "so as by fire," by consuming what is evil, saves and refines.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:35 PM

Old 04-04-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
This is your personal invitation to join some of the Fellowship of the Mystery gathering in Dumas Texas April 9, 10, 11. Yes, we will feed you in body and spirit, house you, and sit together singing of the majesty of the King of kings and Lord of lords. Leave that old hot Houston for a few days and expand your horizons.

P.S. Come and see what 1 1/2 million U.S. dollars can accomplish in a near death experience of Birdbrain.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
This is your personal invitation to join some of the Fellowship of the Mystery gathering in Dumas Texas April 9, 10, 11. Yes, we will feed you in body and spirit, house you, and sit together singing of the majesty of the King of kings and Lord of lords. Leave that old hot Houston for a few days and expand your horizons.

P.S. Come and see what 1 1/2 million U.S. dollars can accomplish in a near death experience of Birdbrain.
Is the weather cooler in Dumas than it is in Houston?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Is the weather cooler in Dumas than it is in Houston?
I know why you are such a strong enthusiast for hell! Of course it is cooler, until you sit with Birdbrain, and then everything heats up to lambent glow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity