Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 12:21 PM

14,980 posts, read 17,333,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Some will continue to deny it for what ever reasons only God knows....and He knows that it breaks my heart how the hearts have been harden and that the ears can not hear what the Spirit is saying through many in this thread.....
Hi, some of us believers will continue to share those scriptures which speak of the restoration of all. These cannot be denied. They are just as relevant and from God just as those scriptures which speak of the judgments of God. I don't deny that many will experience hell, but how can it be eternal when all to be reunited in Jesus Christ, when all will remember and turn to the Lord, when all of creation is to be delivered? Do we just ignore these scriptures? It seems that believers who believe in the eventual restoration of God address those scriptures which speak of Gehenna and other words which have been translated as hell, however, those scriptures which speak to the eventual restoration of all to God are rarely addressed by believers who believe in eternal hell. Just some observations. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-22-2009 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 02:22 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,365,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

Birdy

Isaiah 25:6-8
The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain;
A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow,
And refined, aged wine.
7. And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples,
Even the veil which is stretched over all nations.
8. He will swallow up death for all time,
And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces,
And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth;
For the LORD has spoken.

Praise God

God bless.
Praise God indeed! Oh those prophets in whom, and by whom. the Lord has spoken regarding the restitution of all things from the earliest ages. Isaiah declares, no, make that the Living Life declares the removal of the veil that is upon all nations and all peoples. Yes, He swallows up and swallows down all death/ thanatos...yes, "for all time." It is most difficult to grasp the magnitude of "all tears" on "all faces" being wiped away, but that is exactly what the Living Life declares!

"And there shall no longer be a curse upon anything."

Old 03-22-2009, 02:32 PM

Amen. God bless.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:31 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,932,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
And we so know where that thought came from..... ! I'm glad I went through this thread once again!!!
That thought you received Alpha from the Father.....has spoken to me so deeply and confirming more of the truth about hell!!!
Some will continue to deny it for what ever reasons only God knows....and He knows that it breaks my heart how the hearts have been harden and that the ears can not hear what the Spirit is saying through many in this thread.....
I'm so thankful that His Holy Spirit sealed me in His truth and is keeping, leading, teaching all that is needed in this life, till He takes me home!!!

Blessings

For a thread titled 'The Truth about Hell', there's very little Truth in it.....these people can't get past rudimentary teachings and on to more important matters.

Thanks for your compliments and I agree with what you've posted above.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 AM

German Theologian Jürgen Moltmann

How is hell considered, if at all, in your theology of hope?

Quote:
I believe in Christ's Descent to hell. He came back and declared: “I have the keys to death and hell!” What does He do with these keys? He opens them up of course! When you think of hell, you should never think about it in the context of the question whether you yourself or someone else is going there, but always look to Christ. In His wounds, death and hell have been overcome. Which is, by the way, also the counsel Johann of Staupitz gave to his pupil Martin Luther.
Judgment is not God's last word.

Judgment establishes in the world the divine righteousness on which the new creation is to be built. But God's last word is 'Behold, I make all things new' (Rev 21:5). From this no one is excepted. Love is God's compassion with the lost. Transforming grace is God's punishment for sinners. It is not the right to choose that defines the reality of human freedom. It is the doing of the good.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:27 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,733,732 times
Jesus, Author of the Bible.....says,

"If you never know the TRUTH, then you'll never know LOVE!!"

Old 03-23-2009, 03:19 PM

Amen. God bless.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

For a thread titled 'The Truth about Hell', there's very little Truth in it.....these people can't get past rudimentary teachings and on to more important matters.
Alpha: the mass of Christiandom dwells in "rudimentary" or elementary teachings. And, to make matters worse, attempt to blacken our Father's character by ghastly dogmas!

Hope Beyond Hell

HERE

Old 04-02-2009, 10:39 PM

Hope Beyond Hell

Thank you for sharing, Birdy. A very insightful book. God bless.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:58 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,733,732 times
And the...."Hope Beyond Hell" is found in Christ Jesus, our God and Savior!

For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3

Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrist have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us. 1John 2:18-19
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity