Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 02:07 PM

14,941 posts, read 17,291,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This choosing of either life or death was simply choosing obeying God's law to Israel or following a course of disobedience to it. The Biblical record shows that throughout their whole history the Israelites chose disobedience which only resulted in their eventual death. Had there been an actual Hellfireunderstanding and major teaching back then, then Moses would have taught such , rather than playing with some word games and beating around the bush as it were. The facts show that the pagan religious nations around all espoused and taught such a wicked and horrible belief to all of their peoples. But it was not a teaching that was part of Israel.

Most here don't care about the original meaning of the Hebrew and Greek words or the context in which they were used. They want others to suffer. They want to see others suffer. This was actually brought out in a documentary some time back about why DARK AGES Catholic & Protestant Clergyman chose the tortuous method of burning at the stake all those who crossed the church. Many of these condemned men and women were from scholastic backgrounds who had translated the bible into the common language of the people and found that certain dogma, such as the present subject were in fact lies. But the question still remained, why the torture ??? It was because the Clergy believed God was going to do this anyway and but they could'nt wait for God to do it, so they took the pleasure upon themselves.

Far from being any real creation by God whose personality is not reflective of such a hideous idea, it is what it is and that is an invention by wicked clergymen centuries ago.
Thank you for sharing. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 04:18 PM

63 posts, read 101,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
An excellent way to put it! To believe that he would allow the atrocity of an eternal hell, losing the majority of his creation to it, (as traditional Christianity espouses), would make my Creator a failure, and I utterly reject such nonsense. For goodness's sake, we can't even handle it when our favorite coach loses the majority of his games. A general, who wins the war, but, loses most of his men in the process, does not garner the same respect as the general who wins the war, and keeps his casualties to a minimum. A doctor who loses most of his patients would soon no longer have a career. Yet, Christendom has no problem with believing that God is the biggest failure of all?!

Worse yet, God's supposed "hellish" behaviour, (which would far surpass Hitler's), is completely accepted. No one has a problem with God separating, and frying, (for eternity, no less), the bulk of humanity. We don't consider it to be acceptable for a husband, who claims that he loves his wife, to threaten said wife with bodily harm, trying to force her to love him. Why in the world would we believe such a teaching about our Creator?
Why? Why? Why? It goes contrary to Scripture & most assuredly against all reason. This ghastly dogma is surely responsible for making more atheists than anything else!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:38 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,509,166 times
Hell is an apalling place. Why non-christians insist on either ignoring it or turning it into some kind of eternal party - well, it just amazes me. There are countless warnings in the Bible about hell. People prepare for their holidays, their working lives, they are busy, busy, busy, but neglect the most important thing - their eternal soul. Hell was not made for people, it was made for satan and demons. But satan pulled man down and still does so today. Jesus suffered terribly in physical and spiritual ways - to make a way of escape for people. But so many mock Jesus, they blaspheme his name in the most obscene ways. These people have no fear of God -they are foolish beyond words. Please, you doubters, you christianity bashers - why don't you just try sincerely praying to God - ask him to show you the truth and nothing but the truth. Ask him to speak to your soul, the Bible says if you Seek you will Find.....the truth. We can go on and on all day, every day. But you have to find your own faith. But surely, seeking is worth it - to escape the awful hell we are destined for without the saving work of Grace, through Christ Jesus. We all need to think a lot more about our eternal souls - because this present world and all the material possessions we can acquire, they fade, they pass away. We come into this world naked. We go out the same way. Seek God while you can, Call upon him while he can be found......you have been warned you scoffers and doubters....sermon over

Old 05-09-2009, 08:48 AM

7 posts, read 10,282 times
Wink He alone is God !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Amen and again I say Amen! He LOVES us, absolutely LOVES us. He will not spare the rod when He deems it time to separate us from our ungodly ways, but in every unpleasant inch of it, He LOVES us and will not rest until He has made us exactly what He set out to make us into.
When my husband told me about this forum and I took a look, I thought, no Lord......I don't want to get into an arguing match with others that have their own belief system set in concrete. I want to be blessed and be a blessing.(keep it easy, so says the flesh) . There are as many opinions as there are people to have them. But there is a reminant that the Spirit is opening the deaf ears to hear and dim eyes to see His greatness and unfailing Love for his creation. For God to fail is impossible. He will have His way among the heavens and the inhabitants of the earth. He will be worshiped and understood by his sons. He has always had a plan that can't be stoped or thwarted by NONE !!! There never was a mess up in the garden of Eden ( as we suppose ) God never got blind sided or out witted by Satan ( which is also His creation ) ALL things were created by Him and for His GLORY !! His plan is still going just as He ordained it to !!! We can argue and point out certain scripture ( it don't matter ) because our thinking and understanding is clouded at best !! But I assure He is Lord over ALL....some just don't know it yet . But they are His and in His time all creation will be restored. I am thankful that He is more faithful than my unfaithfulness, He is relentless in His Love, ( Sorry, I just don't know when to hush).

Old 05-09-2009, 09:00 AM

Thank for sharing, little elmer's wife Welcome to the forums and I agree with you!

Quote:
When my husband told me about this forum and I took a look, I thought, no Lord......I don't want to get into an arguing match with others that have their own belief system set in concrete. I want to be blessed and be a blessing.(keep it easy, so says the flesh) . There are as many opinions as there are people to have them. But there is a reminant that the Spirit is opening the deaf ears to hear and dim eyes to see His greatness and unfailing Love for his creation. For God to fail is impossible. He will have His way among the heavens and the inhabitants of the earth. He will be worshiped and understood by his sons. He has always had a plan that can't be stoped or thwarted by NONE !!! There never was a mess up in the garden of Eden ( as we suppose ) God never got blind sided or out witted by Satan ( which is also His creation ) ALL things were created by Him and for His GLORY !! His plan is still going just as He ordained it to !!! We can argue and point out certain scripture ( it don't matter ) because our thinking and understanding is clouded at best !! But I assure He is Lord over ALL....some just don't know it yet . But they are His and in His time all creation will be restored. I am thankful that He is more faithful than my unfaithfulness, He is relentless in His Love, ( Sorry, I just don't know when to hush).
God bless.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:12 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,226,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Hell is an apalling place. Why non-christians insist on either ignoring it or turning it into some kind of eternal party - well, it just amazes me. There are countless warnings in the Bible about hell.
Jenna - we read about burnings from a God who is described as a consuming fire. What makes Christians think they can be united with Him without being burned themselves? If no flesh (our carnal soul) can stand in His presence, why do we point at others only and say, "Watch out!"?

Things that make me go "hmmm".

Old 05-09-2009, 04:44 PM

342 posts, read 542,198 times
The Truth is...... Hell is real.......Jesus warned about it MANY times......... and many will unfortunately go there......Narrow is the road only a few ever find it.....The road to damnation is Broad.......Turn to Jesus "now" for the forgiveness of sin.......after you die it is too late.....Those who insist that hell is not real or who say that all will be saved irregardless of their beliefs or actions are DECIEVERS and are themselves DECIEVED.....Seek the Lord Jesus while you can.....Eternal salvation is a serious matter and no one can be saved without calling on Jesus in humility and repentance....TODAY is the appointed time.....Today is the day of Salvation....no one is promised tomorrow

Old 05-09-2009, 04:45 PM

Some problems with the teaching of eternal hell.

It suggests or teaches that God will not accomplish whatever He determines to do, that sin, evil, satan, and man's "free will" are greater than the Creator's Sovereign will. Evil will exist forever in the creation seeing that those in the eternal hell will never be reconciled to God and will remain enemies of God forever and ever. God will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, yet He will be unable to accomplish this. Jesus came to destroy the works of satan, yet the eternal hell with the majority of people for whom Jesus died, will be an everlasting testimony to satan's triumph.

It denies that God is apape love. We know that God is agape love and we know that love bears all things, endures all things and we know that love never fails. Eternal hell suggests or teaches that God who is love, fails in that He is unable to reach/penetrate the hardest of hearts.

The word, aionios, which has been translated as eternal in many places literally means "of or pertaining to an age." There are many problems when this word (and the Hebrew correspondinig Hebrew word, olam), is incorrectly translated as eternal in many places in the scriptures.

Jesus declares that the ruler of this world has been cast out and that if He was lifted up from the earth, He would draw all to Himself. Eternal hell suggests that Jesus was mistaken or not telling the truth.

Eternal hell teaching suggests or says that the disobedience of the man Adam, will have a greater effect on the creation, than the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Eternal hell teaching suggests that God prepared a place of eternal torment for the majority His creatures, knowing full well their choices/opportunities, before He even created the creation. He sees beginning to end. He is said to be agape love, yet brings the majority into existence inevitably leading to an eternity of torment.

Colossians 1:15-20

15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

God bless.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:19 PM

342 posts, read 542,198 times
You continue to preach doctrines of demons......you may have the last post Shana but God will have the last word.....His Word will not be distorted despite your relentless promotion of false doctrine

Old 05-09-2009, 06:25 PM

God definitely has the last word, Vessif. Take care and God bless you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity