Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 04:28 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
(sigh)

Why do people keep saying we think it doesn't matter what people do/think/believe? Hasn't your heart been changed? Think God can't do it for others?
Because probably deep down, they have doubts about what they believe. So, they have to change or distort God`s restoration so they ,at least, feel better about the eternal torment theology put out by the church. They believe it because that`s what`s been drilled into them over and over. That is the church taught doctrine of this culture. If you hear it enough, and most everyone around you believes it, and people who go to seminary schools to learn about it, proclaim it loud enough and bold enough then eventually one starts to believe it. But we know that God has allowed blindness to cover man for a reason. Only he can lift the veil. The people who hung Jesus on the cross didn`t know what they were doing. The people, who follow after the church and fall in line with the mass teaching of the day, don`t understand either. They can`t see it. No matter how plain it is,right in front of them,they can`t see it. That is the work of God ,my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 04:40 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Because probably deep down, they have doubts about what they believe. So, they have to change or distort God`s restoration so they ,at least, feel better about the eternal torment theology put out by the church. They believe it because that`s what`s been drilled into them over and over. That is the church taught doctrine of this culture. If you hear it enough, and most everyone around you believes it, and people who go to seminary schools to learn about it, proclaim it loud enough and bold enough then eventually one starts to believe it. But we know that God has allowed blindness to cover man for a reason. Only he can lift the veil. The people who hung Jesus on the cross didn`t know what they were doing. The people, who follow after the church and fall in line with the mass teaching of the day, don`t understand either. They can`t see it. No matter how plain it is,right in front of them,they can`t see it. That is the work of God ,my friend.
Indeed, even when their bibles proclaim that only a few will find it? Their path is broader than ours.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:20 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Indeed, even when their bibles proclaim that only a few will find it? Their path is broader than ours.
Hey, that`a good point elmer. I`m going to use that, thx

Old 05-11-2009, 06:34 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessif View Post
Let's suppose for a moment that hell does not exist and the universalist is correct
All five hells exist. The question is what is hell

Quote:
nothing is lost because they believe "all" will be saved anyway irregardless of "one's beliefs" and "behaviours"
Where do you arrive at such assinine stupidity? There is no irregardless. God destroys sin; He does not shove it into some corner of His Realm!

Quote:
If they are wrong and Hell does exist....then the consequences are eternal punishment and separation from God.
Hell does exist, hell does exist, hell does exist; in fact the Lord Jesus Christ went to hell when He died for the sins of the whole world. Do you know that hell and corruption are linked together? It is so: You will not leave My soul in hell, neither will You suffer Your holy One to see corruption.

As for "eternal punishment" there is no such animal, nor "eternal separation from God." The Alpha is also the Omega: He is the Source & the Goal of all that is. That is the ta pavnte (the all), the whole enchilada. He is the Goal of all that is!

Question:

Can you disclose to us what are the criteria for "everlasting punishment" (kolasis aionios) according to the context of St. Matthew 25?

The qualifications for being a goat are what? And a sheep?

Old 05-11-2009, 06:51 PM

283 posts, read 409,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
All five hells exist. The question is what is hell

Where do you arrive at such assinine stupidity? There is no irregardless. God destroys sin; He does not shove it into some corner of His Realm!

Hell does exist, hell does exist, hell does exist; in fact the Lord Jesus Christ went to hell when He died for the sins of the whole world. Do you know that hell and corruption are linked together? It is so: You will not leave My soul in hell, neither will You suffer Your holy One to see corruption.

As for "eternal punishment" there is no such animal, nor "eternal separation from God." The Alpha is also the Omega: He is the Source & the Goal of all that is. That is the ta pavnte (the all), the whole enchilada. He is the Goal of all that is!

Question:

Can you disclose to us what are the criteria for "everlasting punishment" (kolasis aionios) according to the context of St. Matthew 25?

The qualifications for being a goat are what? And a sheep?
Cool thats a page that could be taken from Judaism 101 the ways that serve God love and charity to a Jew is what is the greatest comandment to love the Lord your God. Those who don't love God will not do these things for his creation they serve them selves first that will not be in the New Jerusalem those who do not love God will be heaps of ash never to enter Gods presence. We love others because God loves us! who ray!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:30 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I have a question for universalist, with all this spending time on that an eternal hell does not exist. Do you guys actively witness to people. Do you go on the streets and share the gospel? curious?
I am one of the few people I know of any persuasion who does go out door to door from time to time. That has led some to ask me "are you a JW"???

Most ETers I know do not go door to door, which is very very curious to me.

I had a great uncle, a Christian universalist, who ministered after work almost daily - inviting people to his home and sharing the love of God in Christ Jesus with them. Many lives were transformed (including my step mom who was 'born again' in one of my step uncle's meetings). She has slowly been brainwashed back into ET doctrine by 30 some odd years of having it pounded into her head.

When I confronted her about her 'roots' she says "well, your great uncle was a great and powerful man of God - doesn't mean he was right about everything".

There is a church here in San Antonio still thriving who's pastor (and his entire family) came to the Lord through my uncle. After he retired from the post office he had meetings 7 nights a week in various places around the city. Literally thousands came to a saving knowledge of Jesus over a 50 year ministry - all done while preaching "the restitution of all things".

The full time missions director at my former church (which is ET believing) was saved at one of my uncle's meetings - this particular meeting was in a large Catholic school which was open to him as the Catholics recognized the power of God on his life (his main ministry associates (protestants) told him going into a Catholic institution to preach would be 'fruitless').

Fundie - even Martin Luther left the door wide open for the possibility of UR:

“God forbid that I should limit the time for acquiring faith to the present life. In the depths of the divine mercy there may be opportunity to win it in the future state.” – Letter to Hansen von Rechenberg, 1523. (Luther's Briefe, ii. 454.)

God will one day shock your socks off dude!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:50 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Curly says...."There will not be a reconcilation of all things."

Alpha says "all will not be saved."

Alpha says "all will not be saved."
Look birdy, you can mock and say what you want.

But it's not me and curly that you need to be concerned with what we say.

I have quoted to you time and time again where my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Holy One, the Lamb of God.....

JESUS HIMSELF WAS ASKED:

Will only a few be saved?

And He said:

"Yep", and the scriptures compare it to the number saved during Noah's flood (only 8 out of all of humanity).

So go on and and try and throw me and curly and anyone else who are taking Christ's words for it under the bus......I'm in good company.

But Jesus was VERY specific....and the scriptures are VERY specific.

Universalism and all things Universalist HERE.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 AM

33 posts, read 82,326 times
how do you know-- its just a book written by people

Old 05-12-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Look birdy, you can mock and say what you want.

But it's not me and curly that you need to be concerned with what we say.
I assure you Alpha. Your words and Curly's must stand in the light of the Lord and His word!

Quote:
I have quoted to you time and time again where my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Holy One, the Lamb of God.....

JESUS HIMSELF WAS ASKED:

Will only a few be saved?

And He said:

"Yep", and the scriptures compare it to the number saved during Noah's flood (only 8 out of all of humanity).
The fact is, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ went and ministered to those "disobedient" ones from the days of Noah. Do you know what He ministered? Yep, Zao life! And the results of such ministry can be found in the sacred record and in the earliest Church fathers. Would you like to see what they say?

Quote:
So go on and and try and throw me and curly and anyone else who are taking Christ's words for it under the bus......I'm in good company.
You, and Curly, and the "good company" you are in union with, throw yourselves under the bus!

Quote:
But Jesus was VERY specific....and the scriptures are VERY specific.
That I am in union with.

Quote:
For by Him everybody and everything were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—everybody and everything have been created through Him and for Him. He is before everybody and everything, and in Him everybody and everything is held together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everybody and everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile everybody and everything to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, everybody and everything on earth or in heaven.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:22 AM

Hi there Alpha: can you tell us what was transpiring in this word from the apostle St. Peter?

Quote:
Christ once for all died for sins, the innocent One for the guilty many, that He might bring us near to God, being put to death in physical form, but His spirit entering upon new Life. By which He also went and preached to imprisoned spirits which sometimes were disobedient and refused obedience long ago when the longsuffering of God patiently waited in the days of Noah during the construction of the ark, wherein few, that is eight souls were saved through passing through the waves.
Why did Christ preach to the "disobedient" dead from the days of Noah? What was the outcome?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity