Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 02:39 PM

14,919 posts, read 17,242,458 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by ShanaBrown
Fundy do you believe that God sees beginning to end and that God is the one who draws people to Himself? God bless.
Quote:
of Course

Fundy, do you believe that God in His omniscience knew before He created all things ahead of time who would be saved and who would go to everlasting hell? Do you believe that He then intentionally created some to be saved and " live forever in heaven" and created the rest to be live forever in hell, with no chance for salvation? If you believe this to be true, why did Jesus die for all men and what does agape love mean to you? If you believe this to be true, why then does God will for all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth? Thanks and God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-20-2009 at 02:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 02:44 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,906,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am accurate. You believe everyone is going to heaven. What is so hard? ALL ROADS LEAD TO GOD!!!! no matter how much philosophy you throw at me, the end result IS ALL ROADS LEAD TO GOD!!!!
Greetings Fundy.... Yes, all mankind will be saved. No all roads don't lead to God.

There is only one road that leads to salvation. If I know that everyone will eventually get on that road, that does not imply that all roads are that road.

Analogy.

I'm trying to get to Seattle.
I'm lost.
I'm on a road headed to New York.
In order to ever get to Seattle I must get on the right road.
Suppose I know I eventually will find and follow the right road.
Does that mean the road to New York leads to Seattle?? No.
Does it matter which road I take? Yes, because until I get on the right road, I will not get there.

Last edited by Thy Kingdom Come; 05-20-2009 at 03:16 PM..

Old 05-20-2009, 02:46 PM

Great analogies smp62 and Thy Kingdom Come. God bless.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:

The bible does not say all go to heaven. So your question is a loaded question.

It uses other language such all:

all mankind shall be made righteous and have their lives justified (Romans 5:18,19). Believers are righteous and justified NOW.

All mankind shall be saved (1 Tim.2:4-6) because Christ ransomed all. Believers are saved NOW (1 Tim.4:10).

All shall be reconciled (Colossians 1:20) We believers are reconciled NOW (Col.1:20).

All shall be headed up in Christ (Eph.1:9) we believers are headed up now.

All mankind shall be subjected to Christ and God All in all (1 Cor.15:22-28). Believers are subjected to Christ NOW
Amen. God bless.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:38 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,508,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
SP either a YES or NO would suffice.
That`s what I thought.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,958,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Prove there is a god. The world has shown me time and time and time and time and time and again, there isn't anyone out there.

Prove me wrong, and don't use bible quotes.

Don't tell me you found $100 on the sidewalk when you didn't have any money, or that your sister won a minivan in a contest.

Proof, undeniable proof.

Been thinking about this and no matter what I say, I don't think it's going to be good enough, nebulous.

Maybe you could throw out a few reasons why you believe God DOESN'T exist... and I could tell you how I feel.

Give me something to work with here. Because, really I just think that my "reasons" that I believe God exists are going to be things you've heard before from people.

I understand why people don't see God. But maybe if I knew YOUR reasons for not seeing God... I can get you to see where I'm coming from a little easier.

peace...
looking forward to talking to you.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,958,925 times
p.s. I hope that made sense.
It sounded a little circular, but that's not the way I meant it.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:22 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,356,182 times
The Rev. C.H. Spurgeon did not preach one hell, but two. In his sermon on the resurrection of the dead we hear these wonderful words of life....

Quote:
When thou diest, thy soul will be tormented alone; that will be a hell for it, but at the day of judgement thy body will join thy soul, and then thou wilt have twin hells, thy soul sweating drops of blood, and thy body suffused with agony. In fire exactly like that which we have on earth thy body will lie, asbestos-like, forever unconsumed, all thy veins forever play his diabolical tune on 'hells unuterable lament..
What we learn from the Rev. in this quote=

1. The devil is triumphant. He shall "forever play his diabolical tune."

2. The soul and the body both sweat blood. "Thy soul sweating drops of blood."

3. The fire of God and earth fire are identical. "Fire exactly like that which we have on earth today."

4. There are twin hells.

5. Our body is not dust but rather asbestos-like. "Thy body will lie, asbestos-like, forever unconsumed.

Methinks Rev. Spurgeon may have swallowed his cigar as he penned these words, or more likely he had his nose in the doctrines of men.

Let's hear from the apostle St Paul again.

Quote:
For by Him everybody and everything were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—everybody and everything have been created through Him and for Him. He is before everybody and everything, and in Him everybody and everything is held together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everybody and everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile everybody and everything to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, everybody and everything on earth or in heaven.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:49 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,356,182 times
The Lord Jesus Christ says...

"Love your enemies! Do good to them! Lend to them? And don't be concerned that they may not repay. Then your reward in heaven will be very great, and you will be truly acting as children of the Most High, for He is kind to the unthankful and to those who are wicked."

Bishop Newman says

Quote:
The door of mercy will be shut and all bowels of compassion denied, by God, who will laugh at their destruction; by angels and saints, who will rejoice when they see the vengeance of their fellow-suffer the devil and the damned rejoicing over their misery.
What we learn from the Bishop=

!. God's mercy reaches an end.

2. God takes pleasure with misery.

3. God laughs at destruction.

Let's hear from the Master again.

Quote:
Love your enemies! Do good to them! Lend to them? And don't be concerned that they may not repay. Then your reward in heaven will be very great, and you will be truly acting as children of the Most High, for He is kind to the unthankful and to those who are wicked.
What we learn from the Master=

1. The Most High is kind to the unthankful.

2. The Most High is kind to the wicked.

3. Acting as children of the Most High involves loving your enemies & doing good to them, and expecting no return for doing so in this world.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:23 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,797,647 times
Of course I believe in hell. How can one believe in Jesus Christ, if they do not also believe there is Satan and hell? There is good, and there is evil.

Definitely, I believe in hell, and I do not want to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity