Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 12:01 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I'm a liar......ok....Eusebius does EVERYONE go to heaven or not? YES or NO? nothing else.
Do you still beat your wife? YES OR NO. nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 12:10 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Do you still beat your wife? YES OR NO. nothing else.
First of all I have heard all analogies limp but this doesn't even get out of the starting block. You see there is a difference in a loaded question.

Fundamentalist, do all people go to heaven? (not a loaded question) Yes or no? hmmmmmm....NO!

Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
Fundamentalist, do all people go to heaven? (not a loaded question) Yes or no? hmmmmmm....NO!
None of us are going to "heaven".

The Kingdom of God is within.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
None of us are going to "heaven".

The Kingdom of God is within.
You are slick one, Elmer.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:30 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:
That is a false understanding of the truth that God will save all mankind.

The only way to God is through Christ, the way the truth and the life. There is no other road leading to God.
Amen. This is has been shared by those who believe in the eventual restoration of all to God time and time again and will continue to be shared, Lord willing. God bless.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:32 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Fundy do you believe that God sees beginning to end and that God is the one who draws people to Himself? God bless.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Fundy do you believe that God sees beginning to end and that God is the one who draws people to Himself? God bless.
of Course

Old 05-20-2009, 01:55 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
I am accurate. You believe everyone is going to heaven. What is so hard? ALL ROADS LEAD TO GOD!!!! no matter how much philosophy you throw at me, the end result IS ALL ROADS LEAD TO GOD!!!!
Let me try to bring it down for you fundy. Let`s say, you are on your way home to a family reunion in the city from where you came. . But, there are two roads to that city. NO OTHER WAY, only two roads. It is impossible to get there any other way. One of the roads is broad. It is filled with bumps,potholes,dangerous animals,lot of bends and curves etc.However, at the onset it looks nice and smooth, but it is the long way around. Most of the children take this road because it is broad and the road most travelled. It is the road everyone knows about. The other road, is straight but at the onset doesn`t look like it will be that much fun of a drive. But it is straight and the quickest way.
Most of the children going to the reunion never find this road because it is so narrow and hidden. Now,when you get to the city there is only one door to let you into the fortress of the city. Remember, both roads lead to the door but there is only one door. Some children took the straight road that didn`t look like much fun at the onset and was hard to find. As a matter of fact,they only found it because the father told them about it. Others like you decided to take the long hard road. We both arrive at the city. I get there before you because I took the straight road but you eventually get there. But once we are there, we come to that one door. Everybody has to get through that one door if they want to get into the city. That door is JESUS CHRIST. You cannot get into the city any other way but through Jesus. That is a bad analogy of what I believe.Jesus is the only way in. Jesus sends out a signal and eventually all his children find their way home to the city but they still have to go in the one door. THE SAME DOOR YOU WENT IN! Jesus is able to get all of his children home, though they arrive at different times and some have to go through a lot more to get there.
Now, Something tells me you are going to totally distort everything I have just written and add a bunch of stuff to it. But,I`m going to try one more time.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Let me try to bring it down for you fundy. Let`s say, you are on your way home to a family reunion in the city from where you came. . But, there are two roads to that city. NO OTHER WAY, only two roads. It is impossible to get there any other way. One of the roads is broad. It is filled with bumps,potholes,dangerous animals,lot of bends and curves etc.However, at the onset it looks nice and smooth, but it is the long way around. Most of the children take this road because it is broad and the road most travelled. It is the road everyone knows about. The other road, is straight but at the onset doesn`t look like it will be that much fun of a drive. But it is straight and the quickest way.
Most of the children going to the reunion never find this road because it is so narrow and hidden. Now,when you get to the city there is only one door to let you into the fortress of the city. Remember, both roads lead to the door but there is only one door. Some children took the straight road that didn`t look like much fun at the onset and was hard to find. As a matter of fact,they only found it because the father told them about it. Others like you decided to take the long hard road. We both arrive at the city. I get there before you because I took the straight road but you eventually get there. But once we are there, we come to that one door. Everybody has to get through that one door if they want to get into the city. That door is JESUS CHRIST. You cannot get into the city any other way but through Jesus. That is a bad analogy of what I believe.Jesus is the only way in. Jesus sends out a signal and eventually all his children find their way home to the city but they still have to go in the one door. THE SAME DOOR YOU WENT IN! Jesus is able to get all of his children home, though they arrive at different times and some have to go through a lot more to get there.
Now, Something tells me you are going to totally distort everything I have just written and add a bunch of stuff to it. But,I`m going to try one more time.
SP either a YES or NO would suffice.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:37 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
First of all I have heard all analogies limp but this doesn't even get out of the starting block. You see there is a difference in a loaded question.

I've told you before but you didn't believe me.

The bible does not say all go to heaven. So your question is a loaded question.

It uses other language such all:

all mankind shall be made righteous and have their lives justified (Romans 5:18,19). Believers are righteous and justified NOW.

All mankind shall be saved (1 Tim.2:4-6) because Christ ransomed all. Believers are saved NOW (1 Tim.4:10).

All shall be reconciled (Colossians 1:20) We believers are reconciled NOW (Col.1:20).

All shall be headed up in Christ (Eph.1:9) we believers are headed up now.

All mankind shall be subjected to Christ and God All in all (1 Cor.15:22-28). Believers are subjected to Christ NOW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity