Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,947,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What if you are wrong? You see regardless if I am right or wrong I have faith and trust in God to know what He does is just, fair and good based on scripture regardless if I can comprehend it or not because in the grand scheme of things we are not important. Is it logical that the fallen creation can tell the perfect Creator what is right or wrong? since without Him you don't know what right or good IS? and if you claim to know then you are saying, people like me who see God justified in the existence of an eternal hell as being good somehow do not have God in us?

Because God has shown me time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again that I am NOT Wrong.

I realize that this has not been YOUR experience, but MY experience.

This is why I can CONFIDENTLY and with NO doubt proclaim the GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ!

This is why I can CONFIDENTLY and with ZERO doubt in my mind, heart and SOUL proclaim that Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL mankind and not ONE will be lost.

I KNOW my FATHER.

I have been HUMBLED and completely FLOORED by the extent of His love and nothing will EVER take away this beautiful joy in my heart that He, (and ONLY He) has placed there, brother!

He showed me time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again.

I will NOT forsake NOR take for granted what He did for me and what He showed me.

I have 100% Faith.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

This is the one thing that I am absolutely CERTAIN of.
And no mere man will EVER take away this beautiful truth that was GOD-given.

The peace that surpasses all understanding.
The love that has grown in my heart has been incredible.
I never could have loved in this way if it weren't for Him.
I could never have seen mankind in this way if it weren't for Him.

peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,582,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Another example of A FUNDY POST! Does anybody know how many times this question has been addressed! No real consequence?
Even small children can understand something if you tell them a couple of times! They might not agee with it, but at least they know your answer to the question. Fundy, how long did it take you to finish school? Did you repeatedly ask the same questions over and over and over and over again? The teacher would answer it and the next day you would pose the same question again.
What you consider a consequence in your belief is absolutely nothing compared to what I consider a consequence in my belief. That's like comparing a slap on the wrist to life in prison without parole.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Because God has shown me time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again that I am NOT Wrong.

This is why I can CONFIDENTLY and with NO doubt proclaim the GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ!

This is why I can CONFIDENTLY and with ZERO doubt in my mind, heart and SOUL proclaim that Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL mankind and not ONE will be lost.

I KNOW my FATHER.

I have been HUMBLED and completely FLOORED by the extent of His love and nothing will EVER take away this beautiful joy in my heart that He, (and ONLY He) has placed there, brother!

He showed me time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again.

I will NOT forsake NOR take for granted what He did for me and what He showed me.

I have 100% Faith.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

peace.
But He has shown me also, so how can we both be right? and I would appreciate if you can answer my post. I see the love you feel but it was more an emotional answer you gave?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:21 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,505,752 times
Quote:
What you consider a consequence in your belief is absolutely nothing compared to what I consider a consequence in my belief. That's like comparing a slap on the wrist to life in prison without parole.
For the last time fundy, show me..please show me..where a cu on this site said there would be no consequence for sin. You keep posting that we believe that. We keep posting that we DON`T believe that. So show me where a CU on this site said...we believe there will be NO consequences for sin that you keep advocating we are saying. If you can`t ,then stop putting words in people`s mouths. I can show you post where we have addressed that issue time and again. You just ignore it time and again. Please stop making up stuff about what we believe and what we say.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
You see regardless if I am right or wrong I have faith and trust in God to know what He does is just, fair and good based on scripture regardless if I can comprehend it or not because in the grand scheme of things we are not important. Is it logical that the fallen creation can tell the perfect Creator what is right or wrong? since without Him you don't know what right or good IS? and if you claim to know then you are saying, people like me who see God justified in the existence of an eternal hell as being good somehow do not have God in us?
In the grand scheme of things "we" are not important? Did you not know that we are created in God's image? Do you not BELIEVE based on scripture that we are God's beloved children? How dare you say that mankind is not important? We are beloved children of the CREATOR of the universe!

YES! It is ABSOLUTELY logical that we can tell good from bad based on the knowledge that HE GIVES US! God gave us a MIND and a HEART and a SOUL. Think about that. We are not idiots. God WANTS us to USE what He gave us to DISCOVER Him!!

FAITH means using all of the things that GOD gave us to EXPLORE and DISCOVER Him and to SEE that He is GOOD and to have FAITH in that!!
What is faith, if you are just apathetic, standing idly by shivering in your boots, thinking "well gee, errr... golly, I sure do HOPE that God is good. I guess I'll trust him, y'know even though I believe that He is going to FRY most of mankind for all eternity... uh... golly, I guess I better have FAITH in him!!" NO! NO! NO! That is not faith. THAT IS FOOLISH FEAR masquerading as FAITH. The very POINT of FAITH is allowing the Father to take you to the ends of the earth and back with SHOWING you TRUTH and then taking that TRUTH He has given you and honoring it, by HAVING FAITH in it. You cannot believe that God is going to TORTURE endlessly for all eternity even ONE of His creatures and have FAITH that HE is good. It makes no sense. Even a child would understand that. God is NOT the author of confusion! Foolish are those who call good evil and evil good!

As for your last sentence, that is up to YOU to figure out, not me. But if you believe that God is going to TORTURE some of his creation for all eternity, I will tell you one thing... GOD most assuredly did NOT TELL you that. MANKIND told you that. and you are believing a lie.

Our Father, hallowed be thy name...

Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
For the last time fundy, show me..please show me..where a cu on this site said there would be no consequence for sin. You keep posting that we believe that. We keep posting that we DON`T believe that. So show me where a CU on this site said...we believe there will be NO consequences for sin that you keep advocating we are saying. If you can`t ,then stop putting words in people`s mouths. I can show you post where we have addressed that issue time and again. You just ignore it time and again. Please stop making up stuff about what we believe and what we say.
On the contrary, I believe universalist preach there IS consquence for sin, where we differ is that what you believe is a consequence is nothing compared to the consequence we believe in one dieing in their sin without repenting.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,524,237 times
Default The Big Cosmic Puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
To those believers who believe in everlasting hell: If God sees beginning to end, and you believe in everlasting hell, then you must believe that God brought the majoritiy into this world with no hope for salvation, but only for the purpose of burning in everlasting hell. How does this correspond with agape love? God bless.

Exactly. And the bible teaches many will go to hell for not believing and accepting Christ, more than doing bad things.

So, there is this God that hides, we can't see him, all we have is what other people tell us, and we all know other people aren't really a good source of truth, unless they have proof. So if we cannot find this God we are doomed to being punished for eternity, simply because we couldn't figure out the cosmic puzzle.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
But He has shown me also, so how can we both be right? and I would appreciate if you can answer my post. I see the love you feel but it was more an emotional answer you gave?

No, it was not MERE emotion, brother.
BUT... He WILL use your emotions to bring you to truth, he breaks down walls around your heart to get you to understand truth, and THAT CAN be emotional.

You see the love I feel?
That's a start, brother....

Old 05-20-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

I KNOW my FATHER.

I have 100% Faith.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

peace.

Prove there is a god. The world has shown me time and time and time and time and time and again, there isn't anyone out there.

Prove me wrong, and don't use bible quotes.

Don't tell me you found $100 on the sidewalk when you didn't have any money, or that your sister won a minivan in a contest.

Proof, undeniable proof.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:28 AM

And don't ask me to prove he doesn't exist. I cannot prove nothing is nothing. That is not possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity