Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 07:53 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times

Advertisements

Good morning friends....another frigid morning...makes me very anxious for some reason. It's quite dry and that really makes my DH's phlegm problems worse. Even woke him up this morning very early coughing . They say just a couple of more days for this round of cold.....hope it's about over for the year!
I keep looking at all the "stuff" that I need to put back in my pantry and I just feel so over whelmed. I know once I just do it and stop thinking about it I will be fine. I am so concerned with my DH's breathing right now that it's hard to concentrate on anything really. I did list one thing so far and it felt like that took forever! I just need to take some deep breaths do a little praying and start over.
Thanks for all those hugs and good thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 10:09 AM

819 posts, read 1,592,070 times
Perhaps your stepdaughter could help you put it all back. Does she know how bad her father is? Just hope you can keep on keeping on. I know you are in a very stressful situation, but please take the time to take care of yourself. You've got a lot piled on those shoulders. Others should be aware of the strain you are in on a daily basis. I will keep you in my prayers, as well as all of us who struggle daily with problems.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:51 PM

Thank you Peachy.....I'm sure my DH's step daughter will give me a hand. This is not a good day--I am so tired of this cold weather. If I had known that the weather was anything like this I would have never moved here. Now I am stuck and have to make the best of it---not easy. I don't even want to leave the house.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:01 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Not sure why but I am feeling very lonely tonight..missing my kids and grand children and just alone.....Nights seem to do that to me at times--and the last few days DH has been having big problems talking so it's been very quiet around here...and now the weather is going to be very cold again---I am not big on the cold! Am looking forward to getting dinner over and done and hide in my chair!
The weather is doing a number on many of us, and has kept me from this forum. I feel the same way at nights,
thinking about my parents. I feel alone and wish i could change things which are not under my control. Time
moves on and tears come, but tears of sadness and hope at the same time. I can't really explain it, as it just happens..
Been working and plowing in this nasty cold and feel wiped when checking in here lately. Enjoy your chair Cyn,
and the comfort of others here.
all my best to all of you! Peace be with with you..

Old 01-23-2014, 05:20 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat
Thank you Peachy.....I'm sure my DH's step daughter will give me a hand. This is not a good day--I am so tired of this cold weather. If I had known that the weather was anything like this I would have never moved here. Now I am stuck and have to make the best of it---not easy. I don't even want to leave the house.
Im so sorry sweetie......... I think your doing the BEST you can

Old 01-23-2014, 05:22 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
Hang in there, brienzi. A wise person once told me that feelings are just feelings; they're neither right nor wrong, they are what they are. Hugs to you.

Cyn, do you have some sort of humidifier?? My BIL has health issues and the humidifier really helps him.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:31 PM

14,935 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends....another frigid morning...makes me very anxious for some reason. It's quite dry and that really makes my DH's phlegm problems worse. Even woke him up this morning very early coughing . They say just a couple of more days for this round of cold.....hope it's about over for the year!
I keep looking at all the "stuff" that I need to put back in my pantry and I just feel so over whelmed. I know once I just do it and stop thinking about it I will be fine. I am so concerned with my DH's breathing right now that it's hard to concentrate on anything really. I did list one thing so far and it felt like that took forever! I just need to take some deep breaths do a little praying and start over.
Thanks for all those hugs and good thoughts!
Would a vaporizer- humidifier, or something that moisturizes the air in your bedroom help at all?

Maybe just a little bit at a time back into the pantry- as someone else suggested, maybe your DH's stepdaughter can help you with it.....

I know that extreme cold and weather's getting very old- been too much of it this year. But I guess you can figure that each cold spell that comes along is one less when it's over, till the spring and nicer weather comes.

Deep breaths and whatever relaxing time you can manage, that'll help.

And of course some more hugs, positive energy and thoughts coming your way. ((((Cyn))))

Old 01-23-2014, 05:52 PM

Ah thank guys--really--Guess I'm just back on my "pity-Potty" again......
We have a room humidifier, another project with the filling daily in dry weather like this and also cleaning---never had to deal with this in all places like CA--imagine that....I guess we weren't running heaters and air conditioners all the time. It is obvious each place is different--just not sure I made a good choice with this move. But since we're put everything we own into this place looks like it is what it is--at least for now. I doubt it's all just weather etc---I believe it is this whole situation with my DH's illness and for some reason I find myself blaming this place. Not fair but it happens. I'm sure this will pass but for now it is bothersome. Honestly we have been blessed with good caring neighbors and the wonderful ALS clinic that has been nothing but helpful. I doubt we'd have this in CA. But for now I have to work my way through this and I'm sure I will--it will just take me some time.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:53 PM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
The weather is doing a number on many of us, and has kept me from this forum. I feel the same way at nights,
thinking about my parents. I feel alone and wish i could change things which are not under my control. Time
moves on and tears come, but tears of sadness and hope at the same time. I can't really explain it, as it just happens..
Been working and plowing in this nasty cold and feel wiped when checking in here lately. Enjoy your chair Cyn,
and the comfort of others here.
all my best to all of you! Peace be with with you..
Brienzi.....I believe that we are all connected and are never really alone. I do understand your feelings and the tears of sadness and hope......you are a very kind and sensitive man......and may you also find peace and comfort.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:27 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,934 times
I've been sick the past couple of weeks with the flu, but I just noticed 940's post from 3 days ago and I wasn't certain if his father had passed since then or how he and his family are doing, so I thought I'd post that I am still praying for his dad and the family.

Also praying for all those affected by the bad weather and for Cyn and her husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving