Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 11:57 AM

14,935 posts, read 12,132,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Good Saturday Morning cyn and to your DH and your many friends, also. I hope that you have a good weekend. There is a light shower going on here this morning....the air is still and warm (70's).....I think it is going to be a rainy weekend. My honey suggested we go out for supper tonight to our nearby southern café--an upscale country restaurant with great fried chicken. He has a hankering for the chicken.....I haven't decided yet.....I have all day to think about that.

Anyway.....have a good day.
MMM, fried chicken, it wouldn't take me too long to make up my mind about that! Especially great fried chicken, and someone else preparing it ( it's not like I do fried chicken, LOL, I'm limited to broiled, pan fried or baked- easier).

It's overcast and threatening to rain here too- they're having a big air show this weekend and I wonder how they'll make out with the flyovers they've planned- including the Air Force Thunderbirds.

And Cyn..... you're humble, and real, but that doesn't make you any less a force to be reckoned with as Elston put it, in fact, it's what your friends and other admirers see in you and love....

Just something to put in your bonnet and pull out to think about when you think you can't go on.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 02:08 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
You guys are the best--I actually feel empowered by reading these posts--not sure if I can live up to it but now I know I will sure try!

Old 03-29-2014, 02:11 PM

Just got back from the store--trying to stock up just in case we aren't able to go after DH has his surgery right away. I hate spending the money but it is necessary. It will get spent anyhow and now I have extra food in the house--and yes extra critter food too.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:04 PM

14,935 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You guys are the best--I actually feel empowered by reading these posts--not sure if I can live up to it but now I know I will sure try!
You don't have to live up to anything, Cyn, just keep doing what you are doing, one foot in front of the other, and so on.... It's the everyday plodding through everything you do, with all that's on your plate, and your determination as you do so to keep going that makes you a hero in the eyes of those who love you.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:50 PM

Smile!!!!!

Old 03-30-2014, 06:39 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Good morning cyn and friends. Sitting here looking at the snow. I hope your weather is better cyn

Old 03-30-2014, 07:05 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
Good Morning cyn and friends. Last night we had torrential rain and thunder-bumpers! This morning it is windy but fresh and clean and windswept! Definitely long pant and long sleeve weather to out to church....but it is sunny and bright.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:11 AM

Good morning friends!
My DH emailed that notice that I posted here about the funding for the ALS possibly being cut to his sons wife and she answered. She is really into politics and she sent the message on besides writing emails to our Representatives. My DH then wrote her back to thank her and asked if she and his son would like to go to the next ALS clinic with us so she could see where the money is going. She replied with a possible yes. That sure would be a step in the right direction. DH told me not to get my hopes up....

Old 03-30-2014, 07:47 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
Step by step .... or one step ahead, two steps back.....time will tell. I am glad that she got active in support of als funding! Good for her.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:14 AM

Yes elston, I am so grateful she got active in helping with the ALS funding. Like I said she is very into politics. Maybe she will get to see first hand what those donations do if she goes with us to the clinic. She has lots of good contacts, energy and great computer skills so if she put that into helping with the ALS it would be wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving