Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 08:36 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,743,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Just went through 6 years with Dad. The end was horrific. We spent the entire last weekend watching him die. alzheimer's is brutal.

How can we put a pet to sleep so they don't suffer but we can't do the same for a loved one?
I am not a censor, but I find your post inappropriate for this thread to say the least !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 05:37 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky2 View Post
Hello cyn;

When my friend was at the stage of ALS your dear hubby is, and even her daughter-caretaker couldn't understand her any longer, the ALS foundation loaned them a computer that was amazing, and allowed her to communicate with us. She had a dot on her forehead (like a laser-dot kind of thing?) and she would use it to type on the notebook computer, which would then talk to us. She was so very happy to get that. And we were too!

Just a thought.

I've just started reading your journey. Take care of yourself, dear, too. Hugs!!!
Happy to have you stop by and we are looking into an ipad for DH. He still has the use of his right hand so maybe that will work. We're praying. Thanks for stopping by and hope you continue to post here!

Good morning my dear friends!
Did not sleep much last night--am excited out my friends arrival today.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:37 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
I am not a censor, but I find your post inappropriate for this thread to say the least !
Then you simply took it wrong, sorry.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:16 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Happy to have you stop by and we are looking into an ipad for DH. He still has the use of his right hand so maybe that will work. We're praying. Thanks for stopping by and hope you continue to post here!

Good morning my dear friends!
Did not sleep much last night--am excited out my friends arrival today.
She's coming today! Excitement over a cherished friend's visit is a good thing! Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful visit, all of you.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Actually the night went well, thank you for asking Maila. Now today is another story--phlegm is back and post nasal drip--storms coming our way and it's probably part of it. Seems with storm fronts it causes lots of problems with DH's situation. We are in for some severe storms here for the next few days...my poor girlfriend..I'm just praying she will slip though between the bad stuff. I am charging all of of DH's batteries for his medical equipment just in case. I have been out trying to cut the dead branches out of my hibiscus but I have 3 and they are huge so I don't see a lot of progress...I'm still learning about how to trim them up for winter and obviously I didn't do something right last year because it is covered with dead ugly branches with the new leaves and flowers trying to find their way through. It's so hot but I'll just do a little at a time. Besides I am trying to list a few items between time--it breaks up the sitting at the computer.
Those hibiscuses sound like they need to be a distant last thing on your list. Hoping your friend will make it with no problems through the constriction, and the weather- and you won't lose your power at all.

And maybe those new branches and leaves will grow up, become so plentiful they'll hide those dead ugly branches you couldn't get to.

Here's hoping you'll have a super, wonderful visit with your girlfriend!

Old 06-06-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Hi everyone!

Still very excited about Make A Wish foundation. Whatever happens, I know Miranda will be happy (her primary wish is a little far fetched but if the dream can't come true then the foundation offers something else to the child, so she will be fine one way or another).

Cyn, sorry to read the weather is not going to be great. hopefully your friend won't have any issues on the road.
Big hugs.
Congratulations on Miranda being chosen for the Make Wish Foundation! Does she know about it yet?

From what I understand, these folks do their utmost to try and make those wishes a reality- and I'm sure they hear some really wild wishes! I'm sure little Sweet Pea ( I love that name- we had a lovebird by that name who shared our lives and brought us joy for 17 years, so the name makes me smile) will be thrilled with whatever they come up with even if her *exact* wish isn't possible.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:07 PM

Oh TL--I don't understand why I am so anxious....I haven't seen my friend in 7 years and I love the heck out of her! I'm afraid of her getting bored or being disappointed in me...I don't know why---it's those insecurities in me. I know once she gets here it will all fade away but right now I am a wreck. She should be here soon so hopefully it will be a wonderful visit. I just don't know how to act around a friend I guess.....ha! I'm doing a lot of praying right now!

Old 06-06-2014, 02:28 PM

819 posts, read 1,591,789 times
Quote:
Oh TL--I don't understand why I am so anxious....I haven't seen my friend in 7 years and I love the heck out of her! I'm afraid of her getting bored or being disappointed in me...I don't know why---it's those insecurities in me. I know once she gets here it will all fade away but right now I am a wreck. She should be here soon so hopefully it will be a wonderful visit. I just don't know how to act around a friend I guess.....ha! I'm doing a lot of praying right now!

Good Lord woman, she's going to have a great time with you! She's obviously spending money and time to visit and you and she both are going to have lots of fun. Hubby, will probably enjoy having someone else around, so do what you can, and shut the door on the other stuff. That's what my sister's and I call keeping house like Mema - close the door and make people wonder what's in there. in fact I'm having company tonight and I'm closing my bedroom door, cause it's a mess.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:56 PM

You're right! She is spending a ton of money plus she has a family (grown but she still helps them out) just to come and see me! I am so lucky! We WILL have a good time!

Old 06-06-2014, 04:09 PM

She called and will soon be here and I can hardly wait--someone to talk to!! Yes! I love my DH but the house is very silent now that he can no longer talk...it will be a nice change!
Yes, door is shut!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving