Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 02:18 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times

Advertisements

Hi cyn that is one thing I don't miss at the farm mowing 5 acres plus ditches about every 5-6 days all summer long. It sure looked awesome when you got finished but it was a time snatcher for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 03:45 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
Actually we have 3 acres total--with a bit we do along the dirt road too. So I have about 1 1/2 acres to do and I do have a regular riding lawn mower--not one of those big ones that take half the time. But It gets done. I have to quit hitting pine cones and branches though--that can't be good. I still have the driveway part to do because we had some things to do in town and had to go....trying to get things done that are necessary--and expensive--ugh!
Good to hear you are home again Sudcaro with the sweetpea...what troopers you both are!

Old 05-28-2014, 04:26 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,318,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Just wanted to let you know that you and the sweetpea are also in my prayers and good thoughts!
Thank you!

Old 05-29-2014, 06:05 AM

Good morning Cyn and friends!

Old 05-29-2014, 06:15 AM

Good morning Sudcaro and friends!
Hope everyone is doing well...I am getting ready to go out and finish the mowing before it gets to hot. Last night was a bit better for my DH, still had some phlegm problems but not as bad as the night before thank God! But his mood has been really bad, very grumpy. He still expects me to be able to understand what he is saying and it is nearly impossible now. He has a notebook pad of paper but hates using it. He gets so angry (frustrated) with me when I don't understand what he is saying. It's very hard so I just hope we get that ipad soon. I know he doesn't think it will work any better then writing but he may be surprised.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:15 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,491 times
wow cyn, 3.5 acres of mowing?! That's a LOT, I mean a LOT. Kudos to you for being able to do it.
I am glad to know that his breathing was a little better. He is probably more frustrated at himself than at you for not being able to understand what he is saying cyn. My heart goes out for you and him.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:18 PM

14,936 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning Sudcaro and friends!
Hope everyone is doing well...I am getting ready to go out and finish the mowing before it gets to hot. Last night was a bit better for my DH, still had some phlegm problems but not as bad as the night before thank God! But his mood has been really bad, very grumpy. He still expects me to be able to understand what he is saying and it is nearly impossible now. He has a notebook pad of paper but hates using it. He gets so angry (frustrated) with me when I don't understand what he is saying. It's very hard so I just hope we get that ipad soon. I know he doesn't think it will work any better then writing but he may be surprised.

Awww Cyn, how frustrating that has to be!! As Maila said, I'd bet your DH's frustration is at himself for not being able to speak the way he wants to, but he takes that frustration out on you, which doesn't help either of you- you know that all too well, I know.

Perhaps it would help you just a little bit to be busy with those other chores, enough so that you're not right there all the time for him to take out his frustration, and as you say, just check on him when it's time.
He knows you're right there should he need you, or something comes up, but dammit, you aren't a figurative punching bag, or a "skate goat" (as my daughter used to call it)!

Any arrival dates up yet for that Ipad?

(((((Cyn))))))

Old 05-29-2014, 03:02 PM

We go to clinic tomorrow...maybe then he will decide which if any ipad he wants and we then have to go and purchase it. They reimburse us after we buy it. That is another problem--with business so bad he doesn't want to spend any money upfront....I mean business is bad. It's not just us either--lots of big time sellers are hurting too. I just pray things turn around. If it weren't for my sisters helping here and there for animal food I don't know what I'd do--but you all know they would eat even before me! We'll be fine. Just have to figure out what people will buy I suppose. I have a huge variety of items listed and at much lower prices then ebay recommends so I don't know what else I can do. Just hang on.....
I actually dread tomorrow and the clinic. All they want to know is how much worse my DH is sadly--very depressing now. But we couldn't make it without them--they provide us with all that we need--I guess it's a trade off so they can use DH as a sample study! I hope there are no more ALS patients not there--passed away. That is always so sad and depressing. It's becoming a norm....
And of course there are suppose to be some pretty wicked rain storms so I hope we miss those too.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:49 PM

Sending you good wishes for tomorrow. I hope the weather will collaborate! It's crazy here tonight.
Big hugs.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:01 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Good morning…..sending you good thoughts today at the clinic.

I'm glad you are getting some help with the lawn but you still have "a lot" of lawn to mow. Is there any way you can let it go to hay and have a farmer come in and cut it? First cut for my area is in about 2 weeks….then it can all grow again. Just a thought. We do that with the 4 acres we have in the next town. We just mow the perimeter for a walking path.

I hope you get the I-Pad today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving