Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2013, 07:10 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times

Advertisements

cyn that is the purest form of love when we can take care of our loved one's needs no matter how personal they are. Hope tomorrow & your fingers are all better along with DH hopefully having a more relaxed day at home. Did you bring the brace home or just fitted for one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times
Wishing you both a tomorrow that will gift you love, peace, and bring a smile to your faces.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:41 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Morning cyn and friends.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:10 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Good morning friends!
It's a new day and I am determined to make it a good one!
My burned fingers don't hurt so much now but they are very blistered and draining so I've decided to keep them bandaged. Not sure what else I can do.....Might be a good idea to pay more attention to what I am doing when cooking!
The weather is suppose to turn wicked cold today and on through the next week--guess winter has arrived!
Jaxson, DH was fitted for the brace yesterday and I guess it takes about a week before we go back to get it. I just hope it helps to support him and won't be to much pressure across his chest because his chesk muscles are quite weak...the reason for the breathing problems.
Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 11-23-2013 at 07:24 AM..

Old 11-23-2013, 09:59 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Had a sad experience tonight--DH had an "accident". This has never happened before and he was so upset and embarrassed. I tried my best to calm him and tell him things happen and that is why I am here to be near him and to help..sigh... Poor guy--how degrading this disease is. It takes everything you love and ruins it. Guess it just is the way it is and we will do what we have to do but my heart breaks watching him being so humiliated by such a disgusting disease. So it's up to me to make him feel ok with himself now....
I have a frozen dinner in the oven for dinner tonight--I know bad me but hey, after what we have been though this will work and fill our tummy's. That is the most important thing right now. I really need to just relax and work on gathering my thoughts now....need to work on making life just a little nicer here for my DH---he is truly going through hell.
(((Cyn and DH)))).

Old 11-23-2013, 10:02 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
cyn that is the purest form of love when we can take care of our loved one's needs no matter how personal they are. Hope tomorrow & your fingers are all better along with DH hopefully having a more relaxed day at home. Did you bring the brace home or just fitted for one?
So very well said.....

Old 11-23-2013, 10:06 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
cyn......it may make you and your DH feel better to know that urinary and fecal incontinence is not typical of als......at least my little bit of google research indicated that it is uncommon......so perhaps this was a sign that he was sick from some other cause....and not something that he will have to worry about as a regular event. ALS effects voluntary muscle groups more than involuntary muscles.....at least that is what the literature says.

Anyway......I hope that he is feeling better today......and are past the traumatic event of last evening.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:13 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,439 times
It could also be a side effect of the new medications. A call to the pharmacy could shed some light on the subject.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:39 PM

You are correct elston--this was from the "Boost Plus" he drank for breakfast. It has done it before but he has always made it to the bathroom--this time he didn't. He also can't move as fast so that was a part of it but the ALS is not suppose to normally effect the involuntary muscles. It just really tore him apart emotionally but we will get through this.....

Old 11-23-2013, 01:40 PM

I believe he needs a little more fiber added to his diet especially if he starts on liquids...and they make additives just for that I just need to research it more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving