Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 03:18 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,677,633 times

Advertisements

Hi cyn..just popping in for a quick hello.
I forgot to stop this morning.

Hope your company can make it. They may not want to give the cold to DH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 03:42 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,328,487 times
Elston, even more then a "company-break" and being my DH's best friend from his younger high school years--I desperately "need" a person to talk to other then my DH....sigh..I am so sorry to say that but it is true. A human being--an adult--a person who cares. Yes, I have that all right here with you my bestest of friends..but to talk to a person would be so helpful I would think. Guess I am just very very very lonely....

Old 09-18-2013, 03:45 PM

48,161 posts, read 22,022,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Elston, even more then a "company-break" and being my DH's best friend from his younger high school years--I desperately "need" a person to talk to other then my DH....sigh..I am so sorry to say that but it is true. A human being--an adult--a person who cares. Yes, I have that all right here with you my bestest of friends..but to talk to a person would be so helpful I would think. Guess I am just very very very lonely....
Cyn.....is your DH able to be home alone long enough for you to go to church. That would be a perfect way for you to develop some local acquaintances and hopefully friends....of course it would be even better if he would go with you.....but if not.....I encourage you to go on your own. You need it.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:27 AM

Good Morning cyn and friends.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 AM

Good morning cyn and friends..how about this beaut...

Here kitty.

have a great day.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:37 AM

Well last night was one of our worst---after the people came by with the cough assist machine they worked for what seemed like hours trying to get the right setting. Meantime my poor DH was exhausted and ended up with an extreme headache--go figure--so would I!!! So when evening came he was still very tired and felt weird....he had his usual scotch (his Dr is aware he has one scotch over lots of ice every night--has for as long as I have known him). I don't know what happened but it was the same thing that happened last time when our company was here--he just passed out and fell forward when he was starting to sit in his chair. But this time I was here alone and it really scared me. I could have called our neighbors but it was midnight and I decided to try to get him to walk with me holding him--he had two small cuts/scratches from falling so I put band aids on them and helped him to bed--thank God he was able to walk a little anyhow. As soon as I got his mask on for his breathing I felt a little better. I got him into bed and turned out the lights and went to bed too holding his hand all night just to make sure he was ok. I don't think I slept much if any. I had considered calling 911 but they would have taken him to our local hospital and I don't trust them at all there. Anyhow he is doing pretty good today--it was like he was exhausted--like last time. I did tell the Dr about last time and they thought maybe it was Carbon monoxide poisoning and it could have easily been the same this time since he was having such a hard time breathing from being so tired. I did pull my shoulder really badly though so now I am worried about that too. Funny you mentioned church elston....that was one of the things I told DH this morning--we will be starting church now......I need it and so does he! My DH just keeps saying how sorry he is to me....

Old 09-19-2013, 10:50 AM

The reason it could be Carbon monoxide poisoning is because his muscles around his lungs are so weak now they do not push out the carbon monoxide from his lungs--that is the reason he uses the breathing machine at night!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 AM

Hoping that the machine helps him breathe.....that is so elemental to stress reduction......"take a deep breath, now slowly exhale". Not to be able to breath would induce panic! I am so sorry.

Last edited by elston; 09-19-2013 at 11:51 AM..

Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM

Me too elston, me too!

Old 09-19-2013, 01:28 PM

hi cyn......showing off my baby. it is not freddie but looks identical except freddies eyes are greener.

isn't he pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving