Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 11:45 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,318,333 times

Advertisements

Hi Cyn and friends!

Glad you made it safely back home. I hope the visit will go well.

Big hugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 02:26 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Thank you, HDL...and everyone else who prayed for Dad and wished him the best. My Dad passed Wednesday night about 8pm. Mom, my sister and I were there sitting with him all day Wednesday and I could tell he was a bit more restless and looked to be in some pain but still slept a lot. He even called out my name during one of his short awake moments. He passed a few hours after we left...we went back and sat with him for a few hours until the funeral home came. I know he is in a better place now with no pain...we miss him so much and don't want to be selfish as we know he was hurting.

Keep us in your prayers, especially these next few days before the service and afterward when everyone is gone and Mom is by herself. I think it will be especially hard for her with Dad gone now and no one here with her. Thank you...xo
Oh, 940, Thank you for letting us know. I wish you and your family the best - may you hold your dad in your heart forever and realize peace in your hearts, knowing you did your best to ease his way. Hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends. Got home early this morning with DH's step daughter. I'm hoping this is a good visit---I know it is much needed for them both. He was with her mother before she was born so it's the only dad she knows! Anyhow I can see the hurt and concern in her eyes as she talks to her dad and sees how difficult his life has become. I'm praying for a wonderful visit.
Oh, I'm sure it'll be good medicine for DH, as well as SD and you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you brienzi! It's been quite emotional....lots of tears...his step daughter has had an interesting past, not good but you know, she is here and loves my DH as if he was her real father (he was with her since the day she was born). She grew up in a school of hard knocks but has pulled herself out of some bad situations and I'm proud of her for that.
How nice, Cyn. I bet she'd love to hear you say that.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:55 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
Good Morning cyn and friends. I am thnkng of your DH and his step daughter......and hoping that it is all going well.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:05 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
Good morning dear friends!
The visit appears to be a good one elston, thanks for asking.
She has been reading all the ALS book we have from the clinic and is trying to help with ideas on his eating and the phlegm problems. She cares.
Yesterday she went though some very old pictures we had here and for the first time in her life learned about her real father---my DH liked her father but didn't know him well obviously....but we did have a couple of pictures of her with her father. My DH told her to take about 4 photo albums home that had many of her childhood pictures in them--or we would send them. She is intent on trying to take them with her on the plane---I think she is so happy to have them she doesn't want to chance us not mailing them right away and she probably wants to look at them on the plane..smile! She only brought a carry on and that would be a lot of extra weight but if that is what she wants to do.....

Old 01-26-2014, 07:24 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,318,333 times
Glad to read the visit goes very well!

Old 01-26-2014, 07:32 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Good morning cyn...

I am so happy the visit is going well

Old 01-26-2014, 09:17 AM

36,413 posts, read 16,023,456 times
Good morning Cyn and friends!

Tim~~So sorry for your loss, I'm so glad you were there for him.

Cyn~Happy the visit is going well

Old 01-26-2014, 09:33 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,900 times
Great to hear the visit is going well and wish you a good Sunday Cyn and Dh..

Old 01-26-2014, 11:14 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
It is good to come read the visit is doing some healing and some helpfulness. What about have her box them up and ship them to herself that way they'd be there when she gets home?

Old 01-26-2014, 11:20 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
Oh, cyn. That's wonderful. It sounds like it's going even better than I'd hoped for you all. I hope it will give DH at least some happiness and peace. Hugs to you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving