Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 08:23 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times

Advertisements

Oh Peachy--are you sure you didn't break any bones? I am so sorry. I slipped on some ice last year and it took weeks to heal so take it easy! Thank you for your thoughts and caring..it means so much! Our neighbors that we are quite friendly with must have taken a few days for a vacation--not sure why but even though we don't ask them for much help they are there so now that they are gone I have been feeling so insecure. We have other neighbors that would help in a pinch but we just know this neighbor so well and feel comfortable asking them for anything. Hope they don't stay gone long.......Now that is selfish of me isn't it? I still will feel better when they get home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 11:05 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Good morning cyn and friends. I don't think you are selfish at all. It just makes you feel a little safer having those neighbors close by. I hope they come home soon.

Wishing you a day where you can squeeze in some happy times

Off to paint, lol

Old 02-07-2014, 07:23 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Good Morning cyn and friends.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:51 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Good morning!!

I hope all is well today

Old 02-08-2014, 06:57 AM

Good morning friends....
As feared yesterday was not good news. DH has lost 10 pounds and we are making arrangements to get the feeding peg put in which will be done at the Charlotte hospital and he will be spending the night. It was a sad day all the way around--not a lot of good news. When we got home we were both exhausted..I made dinner took care of the animals and fell asleep in my chair. As much as being tired I think I was very sad and just wanted to escape. We came home with several new prescriptions we need to go get filled today...

Old 02-08-2014, 07:17 AM

36,427 posts, read 16,038,061 times
Sorry about the news Cyn, but probably not totally unexpected, but sad nonetheless! ((hugs))

Old 02-08-2014, 07:37 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
cyn.....I responded on the other thread. Inevitable and will probably make things much less traumatic.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:59 AM

I know elston but still today it hurts.....I know it has to be done and it is the best thing but it doesn't make any of it easy. We will get through this but today it is hard....

Old 02-08-2014, 10:10 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
[[[[[[[[[[cyn & DH]]]]]]]]]]]]] now does this mean he will be getting his nutrition through the tube only or can he still eat soft stuff?

Would it be possible to ask the doctor's office to phone in the scripts so when you get back into your town they will be ready to pick up? That way it wouldn't have to be an extra trip back out to get them just something to ponder. How is the new grandbaby doing & mama?

Old 02-08-2014, 10:51 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,166,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends....
As feared yesterday was not good news. DH has lost 10 pounds and we are making arrangements to get the feeding peg put in which will be done at the Charlotte hospital and he will be spending the night. It was a sad day all the way around--not a lot of good news. When we got home we were both exhausted..I made dinner took care of the animals and fell asleep in my chair. As much as being tired I think I was very sad and just wanted to escape. We came home with several new prescriptions we need to go get filled today...
((((Cyn and DH))))- as much as you realize that this has to be coming, the realities of the ongoing progression of your DH's ALS still comes as a shock and it hurts.

This won't likely be much comfort to you at this point, but as others have said, I'd say that the PEG tube will provide your DH with the nourishment that he can't get any other way at this point, and for this reason he'll feel better and stronger than he has for a while, at least I hope so. And as someone also suggested, having a PEG tube doesn't preclude someone from enjoying eating or drinking little tidbits they like and can handle by mouth- whatever he can handle, as often as he wants, and you don't have to worry about his getting enough nourishment to sustain him by mouth, as the PEG tube feedings will handle that.....

It's another adjustment for both of you, the PEG tube and new medications, and they're adjustments you wish with all your hearts were not needed, but Cyn, your inner strength and love for your DH will carry you through, I know.... and lots of prayers and good thoughts are coming your way as well, my friend....., and when you can, be good to yourself, you need that too. ((((Cyn)))))))

And those prescriptions? Many of the drug stores around here offer free delivery of prescription medicine, perhaps, unless you just want to get out, there might be some in your area that would do the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving