Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 05:51 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times

Advertisements

Me, too, cyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 06:10 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I am hoping for the best. When she gets home she may re evaluate and decide, this too heavy a burden. Lets wait and see and hope for the best.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:59 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Good morning friends!
I agree elston and can only hope....
Where she lives now is not good...in an apartment in a bad area. She really wants to move but whether she and her family are willing to not only move across country but to help take on this big of a responsibility I cannot say. If nothing else maybe it will be a wake up call to her brother who lives here with even the thought of her coming out to help. I won't hold my breath on that though. Whatever happens happens and I am thankful for the visit as it did break up the routine here.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Morning cyn and friends.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:11 AM

Good morning dear friends.
It snowed and we are pretty much stuck here for now. Of course no one plows our dirt road and even the surface streets have not been plowed yet. My DH miss 2 doctor appointments today but they said they would reschedule them ASAP because no one even made it to the offices! They don't need a lot of snow to shut things down in this area because they don't have much in the way of equipment for removing the snow so everyone just stays home! Even the schools are closed.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:27 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
We have and I think he is leaving this up to me--actually It is what ever I think or feel anyhow because I need the support and help! Just hope I'm not getting to excited over something that won't happen. It felt so good to have another female caring person here. I really already miss her! I just did not realize how lonely and in need of support and help I really am--this showed me. I am going to be praying 24/7 for this to happen!
I guess all I can hope for is that the best thing for everyone concerned works out. And it will. It'd be wonderful for you to have the close-by help and support, Cyn, and for that reason I'd hope that it's also a good move for your DH's stepdaughter, and she's able to do it.

That's what I'd hope, I know there are realities to deal with, that go into a decision like that.

My brother's coming in to visit from NY this evening, so I'm likely to be online less than usual while he is here-

And while this is absolutely nothing to compare with the gravity of problems that you (Cyn) and others are facing, I've been having some eye issues that will also serve to limit my time on the computer temporarily I hope- boo as I also use it for contract work. Apparently I have something called "uveitis" in my left eye- the pain and inflammation makes it bothersome to spend a lot of time looking at the computer screen, or close work. Been pouring lots of prednisone into the eye, per doctor's instructions, visiting the eye doc a lot, it's improved but a way to go.

So if I'm not online as much right now that's why- but I'm still thinking of you, and you're in my prayers every day.....

Old 01-29-2014, 12:44 PM

We'll be thinking about you TL. I hope your eye condition improves. I look so forward to your posts so please don't be gone long and enjoy the visit with your brother!

Old 01-29-2014, 01:16 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Good thoughts to TL. I hope your eye gets better quickly and that you have a nice visit with your brother.

Hi, Cyn. Yes, TL has become a treasured friend, along with some other folks recently. She'll be missed, but I know she'll be back.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:31 PM

Seems now since DH's step daughters visit I feel very lonely...sigh...no time for that but I do.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:22 PM

Good night my dear friends--may you all have a warm comfy nights sleep and not be alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving