Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 04:53 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times

Advertisements

Good Morning to cyn and friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 05:30 AM

36,413 posts, read 16,023,456 times
Morning Cyn and friends! Very cold this morning Cyn. I keep a teapot on the stove on low to help with this dry, very cold air. You're in my thoughts today.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:43 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
Good morning friends!
We have such a caring group of people here I feel very blessed! I love the way everyone looks out for each and every one of us! It really matters to have others care!

Old 01-24-2014, 06:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
Good morning, all.

Cyn, here's another thought. If you have one of those small crockpots (really little ones that you use for hot dips and stuff), fill it with water and drop in some cinnamon sticks, cloves and nutmeg if you like the scent and/or maybe orange or apple peels or just leave it plain and let it go all day with no top on it.

Just wanted to drop by, see how everyone's doing. Taking 3 of the cats to the vet this a.m. CYL

Old 01-24-2014, 11:37 AM

Just finished cleaning out the panty and putting things back--some what....it still needs a through cleaning but not today! I am so stressed and anxious--just to many things on my plate and I am trying so hard to give it over to God and do one thing at a time but my good old ADHD mind keeps working on over-time mode as usual. Thinking about everything at once!

Old 01-24-2014, 03:53 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Just finished cleaning out the panty and putting things back--some what....it still needs a through cleaning but not today! I am so stressed and anxious--just to many things on my plate and I am trying so hard to give it over to God and do one thing at a time but my good old ADHD mind keeps working on over-time mode as usual. Thinking about everything at once!
Yet you still give us giggle whether you know it or not. Sorry to hear about DS's wreck glad he is OK drive safely picking SD tonight.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:22 PM

Getting ready to leave for Charlotte now...

Old 01-24-2014, 05:38 PM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Getting ready to leave for Charlotte now...
I am traveling with you...."may the lord watch between thee and me; while we are absent; one from the other."

Old 01-24-2014, 06:26 PM

14,936 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Good morning, all.

Cyn, here's another thought. If you have one of those small crockpots (really little ones that you use for hot dips and stuff), fill it with water and drop in some cinnamon sticks, cloves and nutmeg if you like the scent and/or maybe orange or apple peels or just leave it plain and let it go all day with no top on it.

Just wanted to drop by, see how everyone's doing. Taking 3 of the cats to the vet this a.m. CYL
A great idea, NMS! Smelling the sweet aroma of cinnamon, apple peels, orange or spices for sure brightens the mood, a bit, at least, even when one's got all the burdens that Cyn (and many of the other folks who post here) are shouldering.

And good luck with the cats at the vet's! That's got to be a trip!

Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I've been sick the past couple of weeks with the flu, but I just noticed 940's post from 3 days ago and I wasn't certain if his father had passed since then or how he and his family are doing, so I thought I'd post that I am still praying for his dad and the family.

Also praying for all those affected by the bad weather and for Cyn and her husband.
Thank you, HDL...and everyone else who prayed for Dad and wished him the best. My Dad passed Wednesday night about 8pm. Mom, my sister and I were there sitting with him all day Wednesday and I could tell he was a bit more restless and looked to be in some pain but still slept a lot. He even called out my name during one of his short awake moments. He passed a few hours after we left...we went back and sat with him for a few hours until the funeral home came. I know he is in a better place now with no pain...we miss him so much and don't want to be selfish as we know he was hurting.

Keep us in your prayers, especially these next few days before the service and afterward when everyone is gone and Mom is by herself. I think it will be especially hard for her with Dad gone now and no one here with her. Thank you...xo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving