Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 10:53 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you elston and good morning to you too and everyone else!
No problems last night--I did leave the flood lights on and checked a few times during the night to make sure all was okay. I also brought in the cats dry food--no more leaving it out at night as it will just invite other critters. I always enjoyed feeding them all but now I see it may bring in other animals I don't want here. My DH was more upset then me---I know he is worried about me so I have to make an extra effort to go on with our lives and be happy to have him here still. I know he feels like he should be able to do something to better protect our cats and he would have years ago but times have changed.
Glad it was relatively peaceable last night- maybe leaving those lights on and bringing in the cat food at night will help things- not that predators want cat food, but there are critters who do and you don't know what may follow them. Maybe feeding them during the day will be enough?

I'd imagine your DH is frustrated beyond words not to be able to physically do something to help you with everything. It's hard when he's used to being physically active, but he may not realize that you can also gain strength from your love for each other and his moral support for you. I bet he's really proud of you, he may not be able to express it often, but it's there nevertheless.

He's worried about you because he loves you.... I'm no expert here, by any stretch, but something makes me think that it's ok for you to let him know of those struggles you go through in bearing all those responsibilities. What you also show in doing so is your determination to face and take on those burdens, work through them and come out ahead. And when you have accomplished this ( as you have for so many things, even as the struggles continue), you're stronger and better for having done so. And IMO that is what your DH needs to see...... and I bet he will, when he stops to think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 11:10 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
You are such a positive person and seem to have a way saying just the right things--such an angel I have been blessed with Travelassie!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:13 PM

All of my neighbors are well aware of our situation regarding our cat and what happened so everyone is looking out for us too. DH is having a bad problem with getting any air--breathing--could be the weather or maybe just anxiety from the situation with our kitty. Whatever I may be taking him to the hospital later--we will see. He has me pretty worried. We have a local hospital but to be honest I wouldn't ever take him there as they have a horrible reputation unless it was an emergency and even then I would try to have him transported to Concord. The other hospital is in Concord about a 40 minute drive--worth the drive for the security of having a good hospital. So I think I will get the cats and dog fed and done for the evening so if we need to go we can. Please keep good thoughts for us........

Old 01-13-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
All of my neighbors are well aware of our situation regarding our cat and what happened so everyone is looking out for us too. DH is having a bad problem with getting any air--breathing--could be the weather or maybe just anxiety from the situation with our kitty. Whatever I may be taking him to the hospital later--we will see. He has me pretty worried. We have a local hospital but to be honest I wouldn't ever take him there as they have a horrible reputation unless it was an emergency and even then I would try to have him transported to Concord. The other hospital is in Concord about a 40 minute drive--worth the drive for the security of having a good hospital. So I think I will get the cats and dog fed and done for the evening so if we need to go we can. Please keep good thoughts for us........
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way, Cyn..... for both of you......

Old 01-13-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
You are such a positive person and seem to have a way saying just the right things--such an angel I have been blessed with Travelassie!
Thanks, you know I see a lot of angels that visit this site and lend their support and love to you- a wonderful group of people!

My prayers for your DH- hope you can get some help for his breathing problems, poor guy.....

Old 01-13-2014, 03:46 PM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Luck again tonight cyn.......hope the dog stays away!

Old 01-13-2014, 05:28 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Good thoughts for sure, Cyn. We'll go with you in spirit, my friend.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:31 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Morning cyn and your DH and to your many friends on-line. I woke up hoping that all was quiet at your house and yard last night. Have a good day.....will stop back later to see how you are.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:59 AM

Good morning dear friends!
Didn't go to the hospital, DH seemed to relax and he felt a little better but I am still considering taking him today if he doesn't feel any better. He is so stubborn!
All kitties are counted and here so that is a good thing! I just keep praying it was just some wandering dog and he won't come back or maybe even one that got out of his yard and the owners put him back in. Guess I'll never know and will just have keep my eyes and ears open!
Have a nice day everyone!

Old 01-14-2014, 01:01 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Cyn, do you think it could have been a raccoon???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving