Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 03:53 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Here's hoping that those natural sleep aids will make you calm and relaxed enough when you take them to get a good nights sleep, and that you'll wake up refreshed and ready to start the day- without the Benedryl ( or generic equivalent) hangover that sometimes comes with the Tylenol or Aleve PM ( at least that always seems to happen to me, so I droop around for half the next day after I've taken those.
Thanks for the good thoughts travelassie. I haven't ever had any side effects from the "PM" medications, other than I have come to rely on them. I am now about 4 nights without using them and last night I did pretty good and slept to my usual time...5 AM, without too many interruptions. When my natural sleep aides arrive....I am almost reluctant to try them....it will depend on how I am doing by then without them.

At my age and with my history....I need to get up several times a night anyway......but its not being able to get back to sleep.....that's the problem now.

But enough about me.............Good Morning cyn and friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 06:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
Good morning dear friends!
We had another pretty good night last night--a few bouts with phlegm and choking but it didn't last long thank goodness.
I am very concerned about this extreme cold dry weather coming for the next few days....not sure how it will effect my DH's condition. It may not be a big deal since we have heat and the humidifier so we'll just have to see. When we go to bed at night and my DH is wearing his breathing mask I look at his eyes and they are so sad and scared--- I take his hand and tell him I love him.......he squeezes it as hard as he is able and his hands are always so cold. I just hate ALS and sure would love to see a cure!

Old 01-06-2014, 06:48 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Good morning cyn.

Hugs to you. I wish there was a cure also.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:49 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
cyn......I am glad that you all had a pretty good night last night. It is heart breaking to read about the look of fear in your DH's eyes and his sadness. Thank God you are there to hold his hand and comfort him.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:01 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,072,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
.... When we go to bed at night and my DH is wearing his breathing mask I look at his eyes and they are so sad and scared--- I take his hand and tell him I love him.......he squeezes it as hard as he is able and his hands are always so cold. I just hate ALS and sure would love to see a cure!
Oh Cyn... this made my heart hurt. I know that DH probably doesn't feel fortunate about anything, but he really, really is fortunate to have you there.

Stay warm and safe.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:08 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,780 times
Good morning Cyn! Just hang in there!

Cyn on an off note I would love to see your listings on ebay. You never know you might have something I need or want. Do you. Have a link or some way I can locate you?

Y'all stay warm.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:46 AM

Just go to Google and type in transmission and levi heaven and the first one that comes up is our store. I know--funny name but my husband choose that!

Old 01-06-2014, 02:33 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,780 times
Thank you!

Old 01-06-2014, 04:12 PM

No..thank you for even looking!

Old 01-06-2014, 04:22 PM

This will be a long night for me--with the frigid temperatures and my critters--I know they will be fine but still I worry. I'd go out and sleep with BuBu if I thought it would help..it wouldn't. He is going into the igloo and it is full of blankets besides it is covered in blankets. I did go out in there and curled up and it felt nice and cozy--I hope it is and that he uses his pea brain and stays in there.
I am moody tonight--the weather, just the situation I guess.
Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just got a call from my SIL---Ambers water broke---It could be a very long night indeed! I am so excited! This is a new feeling but a good feeling for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving