Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 11:31 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times

Advertisements

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{cyn}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}just like me this year is going to be about "firsts" in our lives. I woke up in an entirely different house alone this Christmas first time in my life since DD graduated last June. Just like me you will have to downsize things take pictures of the precious items for your memory book you'll one day make. Remember how hard it was to get rid of your childhood lamp a few years ago? Same thing is going to keep happening with each item that holds memories. I just kept asking myself "would I pay to move this item" then when I got down to my keepers I had to downsize more to fit in this 1 bedroom apt. It is hard you'll go through a grieving process for the loss of 'stuff' so allow yourself to be sad. Just for a period not for the rest of your life you have other fish to fry this year girl.

We spend the first half of our lives acquiring things the 2nd half selling them pennies on the dollar literally. Remember there are no storage units in heaven so give to your kids things you are no longer using but can't part with on eBay. Hang in there girl you'll come out on the other side just like many of us & we'll be here helping you make that journey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 12:23 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
yes it hurts to get rid of items that meant so much to me but they will still mean that to me and maybe someone else can build some wonderful memories with them.
What a beautiful thought.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:49 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Today was an okay day---hey, okay days are good for us it seems now. At least nothing major happened and we are both still alive--so I'd say that is a okay day!
I do not like the cold that I do know! Can't change it but it sure doesn't do much for my mood! I've felt like the grump master all day! That doesn't happen to me often but when it does.....let's just say I'm not Miss Personality! Smile!

(((Cyn)))- that's a good day- or at least on an even keel, as I think of it.

I can't imagine the cold does much for you- you're not a penguin, after all! Hopefully it'll warm up just a tad before too long, or maybe some sun will come through, so when you look out the window, you'll see that and it'll look warm, even if it isn't.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:27 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
A big smile to all of you --and believe me that doesn't come easy--only when special people say and do special things!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:12 PM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Night cyn and friends.

Jaxson your advice to cyn came straight from your own heart and experience. That is the best kind of support. You are a good friend to have in a time of need. I am impressed by your strength and ability to roll with the punches that life throws.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:45 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Good Night cyn and friends.

Jaxson your advice to cyn came straight from your own heart and experience. That is the best kind of support. You are a good friend to have in a time of need. I am impressed by your strength and ability to roll with the punches that life throws.
Aw shucks thanks. Hey we'd all be better off sharing what we've overcome so other's journeys may not be as rough. Or share ideas to try that might make it easier for you.

They have stopped plowing at my community complex they have no more room to pile snow. It is still coming down & our temps are just now starting to drop so the slick stuff is showing up now. Cars are covered with snow and the ground snow is about mid grill right now. It is a heavy wet snow this wind is not blowing it off the limbs. So that tells me it probably isn't being blown off power lines either with the falling temps those limbs & lines are going to start snapping.

I'm ready could live here a month without going out just talked to a couple of neighbor ladies they said they are prepared as well.

So all in this storm's path be careful don't go out unless you have to & then be sure to have extra blankets & clothes in your cars.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{cyn}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}just like me this year is going to be about "firsts" in our lives. I woke up in an entirely different house alone this Christmas first time in my life since DD graduated last June. Just like me you will have to downsize things take pictures of the precious items for your memory book you'll one day make. Remember how hard it was to get rid of your childhood lamp a few years ago? Same thing is going to keep happening with each item that holds memories. I just kept asking myself "would I pay to move this item" then when I got down to my keepers I had to downsize more to fit in this 1 bedroom apt. It is hard you'll go through a grieving process for the loss of 'stuff' so allow yourself to be sad. Just for a period not for the rest of your life you have other fish to fry this year girl.

We spend the first half of our lives acquiring things the 2nd half selling them pennies on the dollar literally. Remember there are no storage units in heaven so give to your kids things you are no longer using but can't part with on eBay. Hang in there girl you'll come out on the other side just like many of us & we'll be here helping you make that journey.
Beautiful thoughts, Jaxson. And when you think about it, those precious items that you give to your kids will remind them of you every time they see them, and they will treasure those items as part of their bond with you....

Old 01-05-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Aw shucks thanks. Hey we'd all be better off sharing what we've overcome so other's journeys may not be as rough. Or share ideas to try that might make it easier for you.

They have stopped plowing at my community complex they have no more room to pile snow. It is still coming down & our temps are just now starting to drop so the slick stuff is showing up now. Cars are covered with snow and the ground snow is about mid grill right now. It is a heavy wet snow this wind is not blowing it off the limbs. So that tells me it probably isn't being blown off power lines either with the falling temps those limbs & lines are going to start snapping.

I'm ready could live here a month without going out just talked to a couple of neighbor ladies they said they are prepared as well.

So all in this storm's path be careful don't go out unless you have to & then be sure to have extra blankets & clothes in your cars.
I know it's ccccc-cold up there and snowy and blowey as well. I just finished talking to my brother in upstate NY and he said the same thing. He's stocked and connected with neighbors too, and has no plans to go out in the elements.

Glad to hear you don't have to go out ( at least I hope you don't), have supplies to tide you over till conditions are better. Fingers crossed that your power will not go out! Stay warm and cozy!

Old 01-05-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
A big smile to all of you --and believe me that doesn't come easy--only when special people say and do special things!

((((((Cyn)))))))- sometimes that's all one can say........

Stay warm and safe, dear lady....

Old 01-05-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Good Morning....I woke up at 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I am trying to break my dependence on the Tylenol PM or the others such as Aleve PM. I started using them occasionally years ago but it has become a hard habit to break. I am going to try taking one of the natural sleep aides with valarium and melatonin and chamomile etc. Getting a free trial offer in the mail.
Here's hoping that those natural sleep aids will make you calm and relaxed enough when you take them to get a good nights sleep, and that you'll wake up refreshed and ready to start the day- without the Benedryl ( or generic equivalent) hangover that sometimes comes with the Tylenol or Aleve PM ( at least that always seems to happen to me, so I droop around for half the next day after I've taken those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving