Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 08:32 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times

Advertisements

Congrats grandma good to know Amber has a new daughter I bet big brother is thrilled. Send them all hugs from us and tell her good job please.

Hey this is our first baby since baby Suds was born isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 09:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
Wow...I wasn't expecting such uplifting news today. Cyn, congratulations; that's wonderful. Glad mom and baby are both well. Mazl Tov! (I'm sure I butchered the spelling, but you know what I mean.)

Cyn, it's too bad that you can help DH with almost everything but his fear. You're both still in my thoughts daily and I will add Bienzi and 940 to the list.

Stay warm and safe, all.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:14 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
Yes NMS--I can only do so much and often I don't even do what I probably could do....sigh..I am only human after all. Today has been an emotional roller coaster with the new baby etc---I would so love to be with them and hold her--but it isn't to be and that does make me sad. Poor DH gets the brunt of it I know and I sure don't mean it. Like I said--I am only human.....

Old 01-07-2014, 04:36 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
New baby is here! She arrived into this world a little after 11pm last night in CA--I got the call but of course it was after 2am here because of the 3 hour time difference! So her birth date is Jan 6th 2014! Sounds like all went well and I could hear the little one crying in the background! Daddy is the one who called and I am sure today I will hear more and share it with all of you! Her name is Amia.
940 and Brienzi I will also hold you both in my prayers. I'll be honest moving forward everyday would be so much harder if I didn't have this thread to come to and all the dear people who post here. I don't have help here where I live so this is my support system! Everyone has helped so much!
Good to see you here Brienzi!
Congratulations and YEAY!! for the arrival of your new grandaughter, Cyn! Amia is a beautiful name for a little girl. I'm sure you will be getting lots of updates from the proud parents and we'll be anxious to hear all about this new little angel.

I join you in including 940 and Brienzi in my thoughts and prayers, and may the good Lord, and the comfort of those who care give you all solace and strength as you walk your difficult paths.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:27 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I wish you all lived next door! That would be heaven! But I feel blessed to have you here and it beats being totally alone for sure! I went out and BuBu ate some canned food and wagged his tail--all good signs. He will be carefully watched--by me, my DH and his 2 kitties! It's really funny because when DH takes BuBu for his walk the cats have to tag along---just to make sure all is well for their BuBu. They never miss going either! BuBu may have had a bad tummy from eating the "treats" the cats bring him--ugh--but all the dogs in this area eat rabbits, mice well whatever is running around I suppose. Now mind you BuBu does not catch any of those--I doubt he could run that fast but the kitties do bring things to him all the time. I try to keep an eye out and save the little creatures and put them back into the berry bushes but sometimes.....
On page 35 and came across this post, and it's so true. The unconditional love from a dog or cat is amazing.
They can sense your pain and give back in their own way. I have a dog, and IDK what i'd do without her
sometimes. On the worst of days she brings some joy into my life, and it's probably true for others..

Thank you for welcoming me into this thread as i can see it's very deep and personal with most being LONG
time members of this forum and close friends.

I have much respect for you, and the commitment you have for each other. I'm just a newbie here, and will
continue to read until I'm up to date at the most current post.

Acceptance is the answer to many of the heartbreaking situations we face, although easier said then done.

Wishing you and DH well cynwldkat..and to your wonderful friends..

Old 01-08-2014, 06:27 AM

Good morning dear friends!
Brienzi you are already a part of this family! The minute you posted and told your story you became a member of one of the best places on CD in my opinion and I have been visiting CD for many years now! Yes, many of these people have known each other for years--we have been through some very difficult times together and some very happy times as well. Now you can just join in and it will feel like you have always been here! These dear people are the best of the best and although most of us have never met face to face our hearts and souls have met! Our animals do mean the world to us too. They are a big part of my life and I don't know what I would do without them!

Old 01-08-2014, 07:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
I second that, cyn and brienzi. It's not easy taking care of 7 indoor cats whose ages range from 3 months to 12 years, but we're doing it and I'd never be able to say, "OK, let's get rid of this one or that one." They're too much part of our family now. And when things are rough, like they are for all of us at times, they're always there to listen and love us. Like Bri said, unconditional love.

Have to run. I hope your day is kind to you all. Hugs!

Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 PM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
Good Night dear friends; I will see you in the morning.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:56 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
Good Morning cyn and friends.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:41 AM

Good morning dear friends!!
My goodness NMS--your family sure did grow fast! I understand as you already know.
Have a good day everyone. I have a hair appointment this afternoon and so does DH so maybe that will pick up our spirits!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving