Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2021, 11:53 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
You might be right with all your mask stats, but I've been covid free since the pandemic, so is my mom and we live together, so I must be doing something right. I'll stay the course until a safer vaccine comes along or the anti-viral pill is available. I hope the best for everyone during this pandemic.
That's fine. I just didn't want you to have a false sense of security. You are in the same foundering boat as we all were when it was March, 2020, and we were all stuck with the lifejackets of distancing, masking, and reduced social contacts.

The vaccines have allowed those of us who have taken them to step onto dry land of normal life.

Old 08-30-2021, 11:55 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do you eat hotdogs or canned chili con carne? If so you don't know what's in those but people eat them every day and don't die or get sick, hundreds of millions of doses have been administered, people are not growing horns, becoming sterile or dying from the vaccine. I am puzzled as to what you require to deem a vaccine safe?
Some did die from the vaccine, some got blood clots, one poster here says their 30 yr old son had a heart attack 3 days after the shot, some vaccinated got covid anyway. No way to tell the long term side effects yet, Pfizer states that on their website.

Do you think the mRNA coding is going to go off exactly right in your body without a hitch? We already know the PCR test is flawed, so if they can't get a simple test right, what are the chances the mRNA vaccine is 100% ok? Now they want to inject more coding for spike proteins inside you with booster shots. Some virologists think the mRNA will disable your natural immune system or completely destroy it. Not to mention the biotechs made sure they couldn't get sued, some confidence in their vaccine, right?

The Novavax vaccine sounds promising, no genetic material. We'll see how the safety issue goes with that vaccine.

President Biden is promising an anti-viral pill by Merck, Pfizer in the middle of next year or sooner, so why should I take the risk of the available vaccines right now?

Old 08-30-2021, 12:29 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
That's fine. I just didn't want you to have a false sense of security. You are in the same foundering boat as we all were when it was March, 2020, and we were all stuck with the lifejackets of distancing, masking, and reduced social contacts.

The vaccines have allowed those of us who have taken them to step onto dry land of normal life.
It turns out that people still need "the lifejackets of distancing, masking, and reduced social contacts." I suppose not as much, but yeah.

Old 08-30-2021, 12:48 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Some did die from the vaccine, some got blood clots, one poster here says their 30 yr old son had a heart attack 3 days after the shot, some vaccinated got covid anyway. No way to tell the long term side effects yet, Pfizer states that on their website.

Do you think the mRNA coding is going to go off exactly right in your body without a hitch? We already know the PCR test is flawed, so if they can't get a simple test right, what are the chances the mRNA vaccine is 100% ok? Now they want to inject more coding for spike proteins inside you with booster shots. Some virologists think the mRNA will disable your natural immune system or completely destroy it. Not to mention the biotechs made sure they couldn't get sued, some confidence in their vaccine, right?

The Novavax vaccine sounds promising, no genetic material. We'll see how the safety issue goes with that vaccine.

President Biden is promising an anti-viral pill by Merck, Pfizer in the middle of next year or sooner, so why should I take the risk of the available vaccines right now?
Considering that probably no vaccine has ever been found to cause long-term problems after no early-onset adverse reaction and also the waning effectiveness of COVID vaccines and reports of nothing in the approximately one year since humans started getting that vaccination, there's no reason to think there will be long-term complications, except it seems from some fringe virologists that the medical community doesn't believe. No vaccines are 100% safe and few are extremely effective. Eating restaurant food when there's no pandemic is actually riskier.

Also, 9 months or so to an alleged promised outcome by a politician is plenty of time to be infected. Furthermore, why assume an antiviral would be safe, affordable, convenient, and highly effective? I can't think of any like that. The flu antiviral is lousy, for example. Well, there's something to block transmission of HIV, but that took decades to develop and is not about stopping a rapidly progressing infection.

Old 08-30-2021, 01:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:

If you ae going to make claims such as how mRNA will destroy your immune system please provide a source.

Blood clots were associated with the J&J vaccine if I remember correctly. People get heart attacks 3 days after eating pizza, watching TV and driving their car so how is that different?

Old 08-30-2021, 01:30 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Do you think the mRNA coding is going to go off exactly right in your body without a hitch?
The mRNA in the vaccine is taken up by the cells in your body, ending up in the liquid inside each cell known as the cytoplasm. Our cells naturally make thousands of our own mRNAs all the time (to code for a range of other proteins). So the vaccine mRNA is just another one. Once the vaccine mRNA is in the cytoplasm it’s used to make the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.

https://theconversation.com/can-the-...ic-code-162590

Old 08-30-2021, 02:33 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times
Quote:
Many vaccinated people got COVID. Likely millions more than will ever be recorded, because their trained immune systems eradicated the disease within hours of it infecting their cells, so they showed little or no symptoms.

Quote:
Do you think the mRNA coding is going to go off exactly right in your body without a hitch?
I do, and it did.

Quote:
We already know the PCR test is flawed, so if they can't get a simple test right, what are the chances the mRNA vaccine is 100% ok?
Different companies. Different regulations. Completely different technology with completely different purposes. You might as well say "We already know that the Martian sky is yellow, so do you think shellfish will always taste like tacos?"

Quote:
Now they want to inject more coding for spike proteins inside you with booster shots.
Great. I hope the boosters can generate spike proteins that train my immune system against Delta and Epsilon better than the original Alpha shot.

Quote:
Some virologists think the mRNA will disable your natural immune system or completely destroy it.
Well, they're both stupid and wrong. I went to Vegas and picked up a cold about a 50 days after my second MRNA vaccine shot. I got tested and was negative for COVID-19. My immune system eradicated the cold in about 4 days, so it continues to function perfectly well against other viruses.

That's faster than usual for me for a head cold, but I doubt it had much to do with the vaccine. Maybe, though, since it was probably another type of human coronavirus.

Quote:

1. To avoid being a COVID-19 vector and endangering your countrymen.
2. To avoid being a COVID-19 victim, yourself.
3. In case the "anti-viral pill" is revealed to be unsafe or ineffective during testing.
4. Because the safest thing you can do for yourself, right now, is to get vaccinated.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:19 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Many vaccinated people got COVID. Likely millions more than will ever be recorded, because their trained immune systems eradicated the disease within hours of it infecting their cells, so they showed little or no symptoms.

I do, and it did.

Different companies. Different regulations. Completely different technology with completely different purposes. You might as well say "We already know that the Martian sky is yellow, so do you think shellfish will always taste like tacos?"

Great. I hope the boosters can generate spike proteins that train my immune system against Delta and Epsilon better than the original Alpha shot.

Well, they're both stupid and wrong. I went to Vegas and picked up a cold about a 50 days after my second MRNA vaccine shot. I got tested and was negative for COVID-19. My immune system eradicated the cold in about 4 days, so it continues to function perfectly well against other viruses.

That's faster than usual for me for a head cold, but I doubt it had much to do with the vaccine. Maybe, though, since it was probably another type of human coronavirus.

1. To avoid being a COVID-19 vector and endangering your countrymen.
2. To avoid being a COVID-19 victim, yourself.
3. In case the "anti-viral pill" is revealed to be unsafe or ineffective during testing.
4. Because the safest thing you can do for yourself, right now, is to get vaccinated.
Got that right.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:12 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
I hope all you vaccinated are correct about the safety of the mNRA vaccines because I don't want to be the last unvaccinated person left alive on earth with nobody else to share posts with! Many good points brought up on these posts, time will tell who made the right choice, the vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:41 PM

34 posts, read 37,129 times
If the sars-cov-2 virus has never even been isolated, then what are these so-called vaccines even for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California