Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 02:16 PM

34 posts, read 37,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
You can literally link the CDC and FDA as sources and people in this thread will call it a conspiracy because it didn't come from their favorite news station. I watched over the last 18 months how many times the arguments change and goal posts get moved yet the same people act like they know whats happening. Don't waste your time. Let them stay in their safe space world.

Thank you. I agree with you.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:06 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,814,751 times
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...l-culture.html

Old 09-01-2021, 03:58 PM

34 posts, read 37,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post

Learn how to read.

You linked to the exact same study as sleepy did in his post, to which I replied already.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenature View Post
Learn how to read.

You linked to the exact same study as sleepy did in his post, to which I replied already.

I will tell you what, next time I have an appt at my healthcare provider, I will mention what you are stating and see what the response is......btw, my healthcare provider is UCSF......

Old 09-01-2021, 04:33 PM

Fact check: This CDC document does not say that that SARS-CoV-2 doesn’t exist | Reuters

Old 09-01-2021, 04:49 PM

26,726 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
You can literally link the CDC and FDA as sources and people in this thread will call it a conspiracy because it didn't come from their favorite news station.
"Favorite news station"? You can't be serious. One of the links in that post was to an article from 15 months ago, from a publication called Off Guardian, one that appears to publish unverifiable information.

The other link is to an article from The Centre for Research on Globalization. "While it was once a joke, an example of Canada’s truther far left, the Centre for Research on Globalization has now gained new relevance, situated somewhere in the bizarre alt-right and fake-news ecosystem..."
https://thewalrus.ca/why-google-has-...ght-fake-news/

Old 09-01-2021, 05:16 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenature View Post
So if you actually bothered to read the articles I linked to, you would have seen that both of the studies you linked to claiming isolation do NOT represent a complete isolation and purification of sars-cov-2.
The authors of the article I linked to (https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/27/...y-meaningless/) asked the authors of your first linked study, “Do your electron micrographs show the purified virus?” One of the authors (Wan Beom Park) replied: “We did not obtain an electron micrograph showing the degree of purification.”

The second paper you linked to, they even admit that they simply did genome sequencing! Here is a quote from another article I linked to (https://off-guardian.org/2021/01/31/...f-sars-cov-2/?) regarding that particular paper:

"A thorough and careful reading of this important paper reveals some shocking findings. The article section with the subheading “Whole Genome Sequencing” showed that “rather than having isolated the virus and sequencing the genome from end to end”, that the CDC “designed 37 pairs of nested PCRs spanning the genome on the basis of the coronavirus reference sequence (GenBank accession no. NC045512)."

Bottom line, no one ever properly isolated the alleged virus.
In one of the articles I linked to, right at the beginning, it says
"In a request for a study which shows complete isolation and purification of the particles claimed to be SARS-CoV-2, Michael Laue from one of the world’s most important representatives of the COVID-19 “panicdemic,” the German Robert Koch Institute (RKI), answered that [1]:
I am not aware of a paper which purified isolated SARS-CoV-2."
Michael Laue reply says it all.
You posted two links regarding the sequencing of sars-cov-2. Sequencing is not isolation. First you have to isolate the virus. Once you isolate the virus, you can then do a proper sequencing of that virus. Without a proper isolation of the virus, you cannot know that the sequence came from that virus.

Finally your claim that the sites I linked to are not reliable sources is non-sense considering that they provide the evidence to back up what they write.
Those two sites are known for fake information, I gave you sources for that. Of course the virus has been isolated and sequenced. How many times do we have to go over that? Regarding your "Koch" claim; Koch postulates were written in 1890 before viruses were even known to exist. https://fullfact.org/health/Covid-isolated-virus/

You are not doing a good job of making your case; furthermore I think this kind of disinformation carries with it the possibility of making people refuse the vaccine and end up in the hospital or dead, I wish you would stop.

Old 09-01-2021, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Those two sites are known for fake information, I gave you sources for that. Of course the virus has been isolated and sequenced. How many times do we have to go over that? Regarding your "Koch" claim; Koch postulates were written in 1890 before viruses were even known to exist. https://fullfact.org/health/Covid-isolated-virus/

You are not doing a good job of making your case; furthermore I think this kind of disinformation carries with it the possibility of making people refuse the vaccine and end up in the hospital or dead, I wish you would stop.

Maybe that is the goal the postings are trying to achieve.....but, I don't have a crystal to tell me for sure

Old 09-01-2021, 06:08 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,451,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
More than 80% of eligible Californians have now received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine,

Before there even were vaccines, I recall "experts" guessing at how broad vaccination coverage would have to be to achieve herd immunity. Without digging through a million posts to confirm, I believe that at least some in the relevant fields (virology, etc.) were of the opinion that it would be around 75%-85%. Things certainly are subject to change and the pandemic "facts" remain pretty dynamic even now, but, we have to be reasonably close to that point at least in California. Unless they were completely wrong.

The under 12 year-old group probably skews the numbers too.

Old 09-01-2021, 06:48 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Before there even were vaccines, I recall "experts" guessing at how broad vaccination coverage would have to be to achieve herd immunity. Without digging through a million posts to confirm, I believe that at least some in the relevant fields (virology, etc.) were of the opinion that it would be around 75%-85%. Things certainly are subject to change and the pandemic "facts" remain pretty dynamic even now, but, we have to be reasonably close to that point at least in California. Unless they were completely wrong.

The under 12 year-old group probably skews the numbers too.
Yeah. Unfortunately, I and many others are in a heavily populated part of California where the rate is far from that and local government isn't pushing hard for more vaccination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California