Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2021, 11:20 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,699,769 times

Advertisements

Ever notice how the loony toons always seem to start their fantasy with "eventually everyone will wake up" or "eventually everyone will realize".

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Eventually legal California residents will realize, despite media obfuscation, that the pandemic is being fueled significantly by willfully unvaccinated illegal immigrants and get some measure on the ballot that tells the state government to cooperate fully with ICE.
Lol. "Get rid of the Mexicans and we'll stop the pandemic" makes as much as sense as the rest of what you've been spouting.

So us vaxxed salvationists aren't the problem anymore?

Good luck defeating covid with ballots.

Old 12-27-2021, 09:00 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
The California public already, including a significant chunk of Democrats, thinks there's too much illegal immigration. It's just a matter of probably the Democrats connecting that and the pandemic. Many left-leaning people are now supporting tough measures to end the pandemic. As usual my words have been twisted to make me look bad. Illegal immigrants aren't the only or probably primary reason for COVID's success in California, but it is the problem that is simplest to correct. Versus throwing people out of the state just for being selfishly reckless. One of the shortcuts to removing unvaccinated illegal immigrants would be to use curfews during flareups and detain any of them out when they shouldn't be.

Old 12-27-2021, 10:46 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Eventually legal California residents will realize, despite media obfuscation, that the pandemic is being fueled significantly by willfully unvaccinated illegal immigrants and get some measure on the ballot that tells the state government to cooperate fully with ICE.
If that worked then a whole lot of states who 'fully cooperate with ICE' should be covid free, right?

Old 12-27-2021, 11:13 AM

I'm no expert on which states let ICE do its job. But surely some of them are more infested with MAGA types (anti-vaxx and anti-mask) than California is; we're lucky to be on the lower end of that problem.

Old 12-27-2021, 11:45 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Another person who believes that only deaths matter? I have no words.
Hospitalizations matter, as do serious symptoms. Asymptomatic cases or cases at the level of a common cold, not so much.

Old 12-27-2021, 12:42 PM

California will need to implement a soft, short quarantine/app-based tracking system for airplane passengers arriving from some locations, with required phone check-ins and fines if visitors go to certain places. Newsom should be telling people now not to fly in or fly guests in for parties (unless they're weddings or otherwise very important).

Old 12-27-2021, 12:55 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,638 times
Quote:
California will need to implement a soft, short quarantine/app-based tracking system for airplane passengers arriving from some locations, with required phone check-ins and fines if visitors go to certain places. Newsom should be telling people now not to fly in or fly guests in for parties (unless they're weddings or otherwise very important).

I just got back from a multi-state trip (involving both air and road travel) and the only thing I did was wore a mask where it was required (airport, on the plane but took it off to eat) and in certain stores. I was maskless in stores (the state I visited didn't require it) and of course, in relative's homes and we all ate out at restaurants, etc. I don't have any symptoms. So you'd want to put under near criminal level surveillance rather than use police resources to stop violent crimes such as looting and assaulting? After I enjoyed a few days visiting free states where they respect the law abiding citizen's right to travel and socialize and punish looters and riotings like they should.

Old 12-27-2021, 12:59 PM

8,338 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
Do you even care what is realistic or not or are you simply tossing out to the universe what you want? Almost all of your suggestions range from completely unfeasible to illegal to unconstitutional.

What you want is an authoritarian government that mirrors your ideals. That isnt the US.

Old 12-27-2021, 01:03 PM

Hawaii isn't part of the United States?

Old 12-27-2021, 01:12 PM

8,338 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Hawaii is an island. There is no way to get there other than being on a plane or a ship. Therefore, monitoring who comes and goes is feasible. California is connected by roads to every part of the US. That makes that suggestion impossible.

Also, while Hawaii did implement QR codes for arriving passengers, they did not implement fines or phone check ins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California