Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 04:30 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Was anyone discussing who makes such a decision?

You said:

Quote:
To my knowledge, online learning is no longer an option in California public schools.

California is a state entity. School districts aren't. And you were wrong that online options aren't available in the state. They are, but it depends on district presence. In SDUSD, there's an online only "school" available for students who don't want to or can't return to the classroom. SDUSD is in San Diego, and is in California. Thus, online is still an option in the state, contrary to what you believed.

Old 08-26-2021, 04:35 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
California is a state entity. School districts aren't. And you were wrong that online options aren't available in the state.
Heavens. Forgive me! Apparently my writing "to my knowledge" was a GRAVE error.

Old 08-26-2021, 04:38 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Quote:
Heavens. Forgive me! Apparently my writing "to my knowledge" was a GRAVE error.

You're the one pretending there was some sort of anger in my post. I was merely pointing out that there was an online option available here because it's a district by district decision. I don't always know how to interpret your words, but you mentioned the state so I thought maybe you didn't realize how it works. You could've just said "thanks for the info".

Old 08-26-2021, 06:23 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
One-third of Americans were infected with COVID by December 2020: new study

The study, which was conducted by researchers at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health and published in the journal Nature on Thursday, reveals that 103 million Americans, or 31% of the population, had been infected by December 2020 — and that the rate of infection in New York City at the time was even higher at 44%.

I took an antibody test last week, found out I've had COVID in the past sometime.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:27 PM

580 posts, read 513,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
One-third of Americans were infected with COVID by December 2020: new study

The study, which was conducted by researchers at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health and published in the journal Nature on Thursday, reveals that 103 million Americans, or 31% of the population, had been infected by December 2020 — and that the rate of infection in New York City at the time was even higher at 44%.

I took an antibody test last week, found out I've had COVID in the past sometime.
Can they differentiate between actual covid vs vaccine anti bodies? And where can you get the anti body test??

Old 08-26-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Boy View Post
Can they differentiate between actual covid vs vaccine anti bodies? And where can you get the anti body test??
I believe they can, I followed up with my doctor after the test result and she said it confirms I had a previous infection. I just got it through Kaiser, it was free for me.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:04 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,311,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Same thing, this is district by district and there's roughly a thousand different ones in the state. Locally, masks are only being required indoors and when students are in "close contact for over 15 minutes at a time". That last part is too vague to work with on its own so it's going to be a poopshow with a bunch of different interpretations here.
Interestingly I recently heard on the news that some school districts i.e Ramona and private schools tried to skirt the mask mandate but were ordered by the state that there are no exceptions to the mask mandate even for private schools. That Ramona Unified School district eventually gave in. This was so insane what happened in a Temecula charter school I believe they were truely afraid that the state will shut them down if they don't lock down and then evacuate the school for unmasked kids. First its security threats in airports that lead to sudden mass evacuations and disruption, than venues i.e stadiums and amusement parks, than schools but used to be in the name of security but now in the name of COVID.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:18 PM

580 posts, read 513,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I believe they can, I followed up with my doctor after the test result and she said it confirms I had a previous infection. I just got it through Kaiser, it was free for me.
Interesting. You never felt sick or family never got sick?

Old 08-26-2021, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Boy View Post
Interesting. You never felt sick or family never got sick?
I was sick a couple of months ago in June, stayed home two days from work. Slept a lot like I do most times I get sick but still worked from home some, just felt like a cold really. Kids and wife have been sick a few times this summer, nothing major though. Just seemed like run-of-the-mill colds so could have been COVID. Wife got an antibody test today so we'll see what that shows. I would like my kids to get one but it's a blood test so I'm not putting them through that.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:18 AM

Bay Area COVID-19 cases are 'turning the corner,' but mask mandate may not be why

Each of the seven counties (San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin and Sonoma) is now reporting either a decline or plateau in new cases — though the mask mandate may not be the primary reason why, experts said.

The falloff is most pronounced in San Francisco, where the seven-day average for new daily cases peaked at 303 on Aug. 2 — the day the mask mandate was announced — and has since plummeted to 166 as of Aug. 18, the last day the city reports complete case data.

Solano County is the one Bay Area county that did not issue an indoor mask mandate (Napa County later followed the original seven in issuing one). Despite the absence of a mask mandate, Solano's case curve looks very much like other Bay Area counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California