Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 03:18 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,286,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Aren't we already certain of that for vaccinated people?
Yes, but we're in it to protect others that aren't yet vaccinated, such as kids. That's why I support the school mask policy and the mandatory vaccinations that Newsom ordered today for all teachers and staff.

Old 08-11-2021, 03:21 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
People in this thread don't want to listen.

When it comes to the effectiveness of the vaccines, you own that sentiment exclusively.
The CDC and WHO are saying the vaccines are working. Transmission would be be at pre-vaccine levels if there was no protection against the spread of the virus. It isn't. That's a fact. Find me a reputable source saying the vaccines have failed as you constantly try to frame this.

Old 08-11-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
So we can never live freely again in your opinion? If everyone is vaccinated and it is still going around, which it likely will be, do you suggest we still live with restrictions?

Their point seems to be more people need to get vaccinated but the vaccines don't really work.
It's the single worst sales pitch ever. It's also predicated on misinformation.

Old 08-11-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Yes, but we're in it to protect others that aren't yet vaccinated, such as kids. That's why I support the school mask policy and the mandatory vaccinations that Newsom ordered today for all teachers and staff.

And once again, if you didn't happen to notice, it's a soft mandate. Not that I disagree. It's certainly a 180 twist for Newsom who only several months ago pushed to reopen the schools without vaccine availability to education staff yet. It's interesting how the danger seemingly waxes and wanes at whim.

Old 08-11-2021, 03:28 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
There's no accepting permanently being unable to live freely. I don't think it will be permanent, but it might be a long time. Again, transmissibility has to be reduced somehow, maybe with a drug that already exists and turns out be very good at blocking virus replication. What happened to dogs for detecting coronavirus? Temperature checks miss many cases and detection as quickly as possibly of course slows the spread.

Old 08-11-2021, 03:42 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
While Delta has spread to vaccinated folks, it did so because there were a lot of unvaccinated folks running around. Hopefully, this will be the final round of restrictions. Delta should peak in a few weeks. Within the next couple months, hopefully we can get kids under 12 vaccinated and the vaccine mandates gets a lot of the anti-vaxxers to turn around. I'm hopeful that'll be enough for herd immunity, so to speak. Of course, if we don't get a lot more vaccinated between now and then, there's a chance that a worse variant will pop up and all bets are off.
Here's how to turn anti-vaxxers around:

Old 08-11-2021, 04:27 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
This is being reported by several news sites (link below) It is just one study though and not yet "peer reviewed" I personally would not call it conclusive with out more studies.

https://www.chron.com/coronavirus/ar...t-16380673.php

Old 08-11-2021, 05:00 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
Being reported that the FDA is "poised" to give emergency approval for Pfizer or Moderna booster shots for the immunocompromised. What my take away from this is, that if the effectiness of the vaccine/s becomes a real issue, there is likely a remedy to that ready and waiting.......booster shots

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...eople-n1276602

Old 08-11-2021, 05:20 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
I never said vaccines don't slow the spread. But if they don't slow the spread a lot, in that sense they're a failure. Mayor Garcetti often was saying last year to slow the spread until vaccines become available, to end this. I think almost everyone believed that until this summer.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:43 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I never said vaccines don't slow the spread. But if they don't slow the spread a lot, in that sense they're a failure. Mayor Garcetti often was saying last year to slow the spread until vaccines become available, to end this. I think almost everyone believed that until this summer.
Anyone who believed it just simply didn't know what a coronavirus is and didn't want to listen to people who would tell them not to listen to those liars on television. We are not going to be like that episode of Futurama where they eliminated the common cold until someone sneezed 100 years later and brought it back. Coronaviruses will always mutate and be able to escape vaccines like influenza does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California