Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 08:23 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,510,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
The sage medical/scientific advice for dealing with Omi remains the same as always; get vaccinated. Then live your life.
This. All of this.

Get a vaccine, grab a booster, then live your life.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:42 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
This. All of this.

Get a vaccine, grab a booster, then live your life.
I still can't believe people in LA and San Fran are ok with being completely controlled. It's the only places we've been across the US in the last year that is still on lock down.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:20 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
I can't remember when Los Angeles was last on lockdown. The only restrictions now that I'm aware of are face masks and in many places vaccine passports.

Old 11-29-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I can't remember when Los Angeles was last on lockdown. The only restrictions now that I'm aware of are face masks and in many places vaccine passports.
The restrictions no other place have. As I said, the only place we've been to and that includes the E Coast, Texas, Carolinas, Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Idaho. We are quite special.

Here is a typical plane ride. Everyone is told to mask up (roll eyes) in the airport, except of course, in the bars and restaurants. On the plane as soon as the food/drink cart comes out they come off. It literally is a Monty Python skit at this point. I've been on 10 flights this year alone. All the same.

And now with the new variant scare TV and media will continue.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 11-29-2021 at 03:05 PM..

Old 11-29-2021, 02:55 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,816,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I still can't believe people in LA and San Fran are ok with being completely controlled. It's the only places we've been across the US in the last year that is still on lock down.

No lock down in SF for a long time. Face masks are still being used in indoor setting. If vaccinated, you can can take off your mask to eat in restaurant or cafe. You can't get pass the front door of my healthcare provider without a mask. SF has the 2nd highest city population density in the country.....with NYC being the first. So, a bit of extra precaution is probably prudent. I only ask any restrictions in place, are regularly re evaluated

Old 11-29-2021, 03:19 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
No lock down in SF for a long time. Face masks are still being used in indoor setting. If vaccinated, you can can take off your mask to eat in restaurant or cafe. You can't get pass the front door of my healthcare provider without a mask. SF has the 2nd highest city population density in the country.....with NYC being the first. So, a bit of extra precaution is probably prudent. I only ask any restrictions in place, are regularly re evaluated
So you think the mask mandate is less necessary in the surrounding counties? NYC has no mask mandate.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
So no vax card, fake or not, no eating? Hard to eat through a mask. We went right through NYC and Jersey in August and it was pretty much wide open. What makes us so special we need extra tendering? Every bar in the airport in JFK was packed with people not wearing masks.

I guess people are ok with it so it's going to continue. San Diego chucked this nonsense about a year ago. For some reason central and northern CA are the odd man out with this.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:36 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
So you think the mask mandate is less necessary in the surrounding counties? NYC has no mask mandate.
When was the last time you were in NYC? I was there a few weeks ago (Manhattan and the Bronx) and literally EVERYWHERE people wore masks (even on the streets) and every place we went to eat/drink required proof of vax. I think I saw maybe 2-3 people NOT wearing a mask on the subway. It may not be mandated, but people are doing it regardless, and for good reason: masks work. They aren't the only thing that works, but when you mask up/distance/use hand sanitizer/and are fully vaxxed, you can still go about your life pretty easily.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:39 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
When was the last time you were in NYC? I was there a few weeks ago (Manhattan and the Bronx) and literally EVERYWHERE people wore masks (even on the streets) and every place we went to eat/drink required proof of vax. I think I saw maybe 2-3 people NOT wearing a mask on the subway. It may not be mandated, but people are doing it regardless, and for good reason: masks work. They aren't the only thing that works, but when you mask up/distance/use hand sanitizer/and are fully vaxxed, you can still go about your life pretty easily.
I'm not surprised, Solano County is pretty the same way despite not having a mandate either. But NYers are actually given a choice unlike most of the Bay Area.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:48 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,816,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So no vax card, fake or not no eating? We went right through NYC and Jersey in August and it was pretty much wide open. What makes us so special we need extra tendering? Every bar in the airport in JFK was packed with people not wearing masks.

I had a relative visit me who was not vaccinated last Oct. It was posted in the cafe' we stopped at that take out only if you were not vaccinated as per the current restrictions. This cafe was not asking though to see vax cards.....they were apparently using the honor system. My relative and I set outside on a bench and enjoyed our cappuccino on what was a nice, sunny, autumn day in SF.

Regarding NY......looks like a state of emergency has been declared there by the governor......
https://www.governor.ny.gov/executiv...state-new-york
Th

To answer your question, apparently those tasked with making the decisions in regard to COVID restrictions in cities such as SF and LA, have decided to take a more cautious approach. It's up to the voters in those areas to decide come next election if they feel things were handled wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California