Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 04:51 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post

To answer your question, apparently those tasked with making the decisions in regard to COVID restrictions in cities such as SF and LA, have decided to take a more cautious approach. It's up to the voters in those areas to decide come next election if they feel things were handled wrong.
The people making those decisions aren't elected though....

Old 11-29-2021, 05:02 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
When was the last time you were in NYC? I was there a few weeks ago (Manhattan and the Bronx) and literally EVERYWHERE people wore masks (even on the streets) and every place we went to eat/drink required proof of vax.
My sister was just there and she said the same thing.

Old 11-29-2021, 05:04 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,063 times
Quote:
When was the last time you were in NYC? I was there a few weeks ago (Manhattan and the Bronx) and literally EVERYWHERE people wore masks (even on the streets) and every place we went to eat/drink required proof of vax. I think I saw maybe 2-3 people NOT wearing a mask on the subway. It may not be mandated, but people are doing it regardless, and for good reason: masks work. They aren't the only thing that works, but when you mask up/distance/use hand sanitizer/and are fully vaxxed, you can still go about your life pretty easily.
Most people aren't wearing the masks that work. Also some people feel comfort in their masks. I've literally have people tell me this. It's strange but hey if you think hiding your face gives you more confidence in public then have at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I still can't believe people in LA and San Fran are ok with being completely controlled. It's the only places we've been across the US in the last year that is still on lock down.
Orange County isn't really with that foolishness.

And the people saying "get the vax" are incredibly dumb IMO, considering the javs have done nothing but help spread the virus/mutate the virus. Some people will booster forever though and that's definitely their right, but they also shouldn't virtue signal their ways on others when it's proven to marginally help at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I'm not surprised, Solano County is pretty the same way despite not having a mandate either. But NYers are actually given a choice unlike most of the Bay Area.
A lot of the Bay has the stupid proof of vax and some restaurants have mask mandates. All a bunch of rules just to make people feel good. Yes let me have my mask on as I walk into the restaurant and immediately take it off as I sit down. At this point it is just stupid in my opinion.

Old 11-29-2021, 05:07 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
When was the last time you were in NYC? I was there a few weeks ago (Manhattan and the Bronx) and literally EVERYWHERE people wore masks (even on the streets) and every place we went to eat/drink required proof of vax. I think I saw maybe 2-3 people NOT wearing a mask on the subway. It may not be mandated, but people are doing it regardless, and for good reason: masks work. They aren't the only thing that works, but when you mask up/distance/use hand sanitizer/and are fully vaxxed, you can still go about your life pretty easily.
Well geez. Had I known this I would have skipped the vax. Why get injected with something that has no history when you can wear a cloth mask and still be just as safe.

Old 11-29-2021, 05:31 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,812,753 times
[quote=1AngryTaxPayer;62408821]Well geez. Had I known this I would have skipped the vax. Why get injected with something that has no history when you can wear a cloth mask and still be just as safe.[/quot

I would not consider being just as safe wearing a mask vs being vaccinated. I see wearing a mask as being a risk reduction measure. Reduces your risk of getting infected. ....I found a N95 mask that is comfortable for me to wear, that fits and face well and does not leave gaps in how it fits me. I never thought though that wearing this mask would prevent me from not getting infected.....instead that it would lower my odds of getting infected

Old 11-29-2021, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Most people aren't wearing the masks that work. Also some people feel comfort in their masks. I've literally have people tell me this. It's strange but hey if you think hiding your face gives you more confidence in public then have at it.

Orange County isn't really with that foolishness.

And the people saying "get the vax" are incredibly dumb IMO, considering the javs have done nothing but help spread the virus/mutate the virus. Some people will booster forever though and that's definitely their right, but they also shouldn't virtue signal their ways on others when it's proven to marginally help at best.

A lot of the Bay has the stupid proof of vax and some restaurants have mask mandates. All a bunch of rules just to make people feel good. Yes let me have my mask on as I walk into the restaurant and immediately take it off as I sit down. At this point it is just stupid in my opinion.
It's like going back to 2020 up there

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...e-requirements

I bet the sale of fake vax cards is going to take off

Old 11-29-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
It's like going back to 2020 up there

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...e-requirements

I bet the sale of fake vax cards is going to take off

What is your opinion of those peddling fake vax cards ?

Old 11-29-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
What is your opinion of those peddling fake vax cards ?
I'm probably not the best subject to ask since I've had Covid with hardly any symptoms but almost died from the vaccine second shot.

Old 11-29-2021, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I'm probably not the best subject to ask since I've had Covid with hardly any symptoms but almost died from the vaccine second shot.

Sorry to hear that. I recall you mentioning the 2nd shot caused you a problem. I did not realize that it was that serious though. In your case, it sounds like you have a valid reason to not to want anymore shots vs somebody listening to conspiracy theories regarding vaccines..

Old 11-29-2021, 05:53 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,273,283 times
Quote:
Well geez. Had I known this I would have skipped the vax. Why get injected with something that has no history when you can wear a cloth mask and still be just as safe.
Way to ignore the rest of the paragraph...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California