Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2022, 06:26 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
They might have had people done a better job wearing them consistently and not as a chin diaper.
They aren't a vaccine. By now everyone should know that even the best mask, worn correctly did very little. There is no way to measure maybe, might, perhaps or could.

Old 03-30-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Cautious people who aren't high-risk and don't work in high-risk settings haven't been getting COVID unless it's been brought into the home by others. Most people have been getting it at home or dining establishments (no, I will not try to prove that with statistics). But most indoor workers seem at moderate risk of it, and my exasperation is that California hasn't kept mask mandates for at least them.
Obviously, because no one can. That's more crystal ball stuff. This whole "mask thing" for some is pretty much a cult but rapidly losing members. The cultists can always just get a mask face tat.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mask...mzg-4SUvJDylyM

Old 03-30-2022, 06:45 PM

4,322 posts, read 6,283,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They aren't a vaccine. By now everyone should know that even the best mask, worn correctly did very little. There is no way to measure maybe, might, perhaps or could.
N95 masks actually do quite a bit of mitigation. I agree that nothing is 100% and most people aren't wearing the proper masks or wearing them properly. Moot point at this juncture, however. All the freedom fighters unnecessarily made the spread worse for the rest of us, so it has been impossible to avoid. Again, it makes me more concerned about what will happen with the next pandemic, if it is a lot more serious.

Old 03-30-2022, 06:49 PM

Quote:
N95 masks actually do quite a bit of mitigation. I agree that nothing is 100% and most people aren't wearing the proper masks or wearing them properly. Moot point at this juncture, however. All the freedom fighters unnecessarily made the spread worse for the rest of us, so it has been impossible to avoid. Again, it makes me more concerned about what will happen with the next pandemic, if it is a lot more serious.
So everyone with two stabs and a booster, wearing a mask were "freedom fighters"? Because that was who were also spreading it last year. Or was it only the unmasked. This is more crystal ball stuff. I think....

This finger pointing thing helps no one get mentally through this.

Old 03-30-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
So everyone with two stabs and a booster, wearing a mask were "freedom fighters"? Because that was who were also spreading it last year. Or was it only the unmasked. This is more crystal ball stuff. I think....

This finger pointing thing helps no one get mentally through this.
You asked, didn't you? Yes, people who didn't mask and congregated did cause much of the misery that we've lived through in this country and elsewhere. Perhaps I was expecting too much of my fellow person, but maybe I was raised with more respect for others than a lot of folks.

Old 03-30-2022, 06:57 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
We know unvaccinated people have been catching it at higher rates. Anecdotally the more cautious among the people who are fully vaccinated and compliant with mask guidelines have been unlikely to catch the virus except per housemates. Also, the news is what has reported dining establishments and probably private homes where most infections have happened, at least before Omicron. There will never be good data on that. How could recent changes not worsen the situation?

Old 03-30-2022, 07:09 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
N95 masks actually do quite a bit of mitigation.
I completely agree. (And everyone I know who got COVID got it from being unmasked at an indoor event (business meeting, wedding, funeral, party, etc. All were double vaxxed and boosted.)

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...-covid-19.html

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449

Old 03-30-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I completely agree. (And everyone I know who got COVID got it from being unmasked at an indoor event (business meeting, wedding, funeral, party, etc. All were double vaxxed and boosted.)

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...-covid-19.html

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449
I wore a N95 at work in many crowded settings and never got it from there. I ended up picking it up from my daughter who got it at school, from being around a lot of unvaccinated kids.

Old 03-30-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
You asked, didn't you? Yes, people who didn't mask and congregated did cause much of the misery that we've lived through in this country and elsewhere. Perhaps I was expecting too much of my fellow person, but maybe I was raised with more respect for others than a lot of folks.

I didn't need to ask. I live in a fairly liberal area of S Cal. It is all around me.

With the whole mask thing going out I want to cash in on the "I'm a good person" T-shirt replacing it.

My kid was forced to get the vax and wear a mask for work. He still brought it home and I'm guessing how the wife and I caught it. Really no symptoms. The vax got me though.

So much for mask protection. Everyone he works with was forced to do the same.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 03-30-2022 at 07:24 PM..

Old 03-30-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I didn't need to ask. I live in a fairly liberal area of S Cal. It is all around me.

With the whole mask thing going out I want to cash in on the "I'm a good person" T-shirt replacing it.

My kid was forced to get the vax and wear a mask for work. He still brought it home. So much for mask protection. Everyone he works with was forced to do the same.
Sure, whatever makes you feel better about yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California