Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 02:17 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,212 times

Advertisements

Good for you.... glad your trip was successful and thanks for the rave reviews.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 08:54 PM

3 posts, read 18,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
Otherwise, just be careful who you associate with... drug dealers & gang members may cause you harm.
Most drug dealers arent out to draw attention to themselves and cause trouble. They just want to make money and not get caught by the police. Usualy when trouble starts its over unpaid drug debts or some one snitched. Most of the crimes committed that are associated with drugs are when the people are into the harder drugs like heroin, meth, crack cocaine, etc. I moved to MB from Wayne County New York 2 years ago to get away from drugs. A wave of heroin and cocaine use among young adults swept through the small little farming community i grew up in. Unfortunately i got mixed up in the whole mess. So i moved down here for a fresh start. Most of the people who kept on using the drugs up in NY started robbing places and stealing stuff to support the drug habits they had. Im so glad i didnt get to that point. Down here in Myrtle Beach we have the same problems with crimes associated with drugs. Usualy its isolated incidents at night in the more shady parts of the city. I wouldnt say myrtle beaches crime rate is to bad considering the number of people in town on any given day.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 12,216 times
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by famof3 View Post
We would love to look into living in Myrtle Beach, but were totally shocked when we looked at some of the crime rates! Some of them were higher than Houston. Wow. Just a couple of examples:- MB rapes 248, Houston rapes 38; MB aggravated assaults 1362, Houston aggravated assaults 594; MB crime lab index 555, Houston crime lab index 278.

We are stunned by these numbers! Can anyone offer any information about this. Is crime really that bad in Myrtle Beach?! I'm not sure how accurate this information is, but we got it from home fair dot com.

TIA for any information.
me and my youth group just got back from Myrtle Beach doin ministry work we saw 21 souls saved God Bless them we saw 13 souls saved at the Lighthouse home for troubled teens in Conway and 8 at the Boys and Girls Club... but Myrtle is not as bad its mostly the visitors that cause all the trouble on the strip but in the back streets its the residents that cause trouble which consist of drug dealin and prostitution...but overall it really not bad as far as residents go......its all the visitors...but not a place to make a familly cause of all the crazy visitors and other stuff...but for maybe a young couple a perfect place...

Old 08-23-2008, 12:38 AM

1 posts, read 12,095 times
i live in myrtle beach i no for a fact crime is pretty damn bad lots of prostitution,drugs,gangs even dirty cops myrtle beach is very deceiving they don't like to tell all the crime that happens here because its a tourist city but this place is pretty bad i know from first hand many drugs many guns many gangs a lot of bad neighborhoods Carolina forest area is known for gangs and drugs and the population of myrtle beach over 300,000 and if you do come here don't mess with Horry county police department or the states troopers their not the friendliest they will take you to jail in a heart beat and heres a link to prove to you how bad the crime is in Myrtle Beach [url=http://www.morganquitno.com/cit04pop.htm]City Crime Rankings by Population Group[/url] just go all the way down to the end of the page and you will see that the city of myrtle beach is ranked number 6 in crime

Old 08-26-2008, 10:50 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,212 times
HOLY COW!!! Crime must be rampant in Myrtle Beach... someone stole all of your punctuation marks!

Honestly, how can you expect anyone to take your comments seriously when you write jibberish like that? "Carolina Forest is known for gangs and drugs" ? You make it sound like the South Bronx or Watts, Ca.

Here's a news flash... "there are drugs everywhere" you just need to know where to find it if you want it. In a place like Myrtle Beach if you don't want drugs they will not find you. It is that simple.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 11,761 times
I live in Atlantic Beach and I truly love it. It's peaceful most of the time without the congestion of nearby Myrtle Beach. I walk my dog on the ocean at night and I don't have to contend with people building right up on me like Myrtle Beach. Jesus Christ, the congestion in Myrtle Beach makes me sick. Atlantic Beach has the best property in Myrtle Beach and most people who live there know it. The only problem I've had was when my sorry contractor who lives in Cresent Beach tried to use a key to get back in the house after it was built. Thank goodness I had an alarm system.. He was a real crook...otherwise no problem. I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:00 PM

215 posts, read 545,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo Lay View Post
I live in Atlantic Beach and I truly love it. It's peaceful most of the time without the congestion of nearby Myrtle Beach. I walk my dog on the ocean at night and I don't have to contend with people building right up on me like Myrtle Beach. Jesus Christ, the congestion in Myrtle Beach makes me sick. Atlantic Beach has the best property in Myrtle Beach and most people who live there know it. The only problem I've had was when my sorry contractor who lives in Cresent Beach tried to use a key to get back in the house after it was built. Thank goodness I had an alarm system.. He was a real crook...otherwise no problem. I wouldn't live anywhere else.
You may blaspheme my Lord and Saviour now but one day you will give an account of your whole life to Him. The Bible says that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. You will too. It would be best for you to do it before you die. He died for you 2000 years ago at Calvary and patiently waits for you to come to the Cross and ask for and receive forgiveness for your sins.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:50 PM

349 posts, read 863,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcamp View Post
You may blaspheme my Lord and Saviour now but one day you will give an account of your whole life to Him. The Bible says that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. You will too. It would be best for you to do it before you die. He died for you 2000 years ago at Calvary and patiently waits for you to come to the Cross and ask for and receive forgiveness for your sins.

um. yeah.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:55 AM

543 posts, read 2,364,162 times
This thread is still going? Wow!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:25 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,473,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjj View Post
There is a lot of crime there for some reason. You wouldn't know it just by driving around there and looking at it though. What's even more disturbing is to have those high numbers and yet the actual population of Myrtle Beach is only around 27,000. If you want to read up on the local crime you can check it out at this site:

Myrtle Beach News - Breaking and Local Myrtle Beach News | Sun News
I was looking at the Myrtle Beach area possibly also but to be honest those reports look like a light day in Philly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area