Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 11:49 AM

89 posts, read 251,794 times

Advertisements

Wanttobewarm...you make me smile that is for sure...may I go as far as saying maybe a guffaw as well!!! Thank you for that!!!!!!!! Please do not presume you know what my husband does....you do NOT...and I am my own person last time I checked as well as living in America???...LOL...I am not saying anything here that is confidential or incorrect....so no worries....no further rounds for us in the future though...as enjoyable as this for me....I am only trying to help folks not a false sense of security....hoping I helped....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 04:51 PM

62 posts, read 125,325 times
Hello. I haven't a clue how a crime that required 10 Horry county police to show up at a diner was kept quiet. Not the person who " reported " it.

All I could think of is that perhaps the media was asked to keep it quiet while some type of investigation was happening? Why else would the story been kept out of the public eye.

As far as bringing up a family here and sending them to public school I could not say if I would or would not as I'm not in that situation. My daughter went to private school up north. I also taught in a private school setting.

How horrible to make a 3-400k investment in a property and have it be involved in such a situation. hopefully things will work out for all.

Luckily I found a relatively safe, small community where folks are friendly. One of my neighbors lives in the next town over from me back home.

To be honest there are places in Mb that I wouldn't venture into at night...just like back home up north. crime does indeed happen everywhere. There are crime maps to look at and people to ask before making an investment.

I love it here!

Old 01-30-2012, 04:56 PM

62 posts, read 125,325 times
symbasmommy, you have posted in the past what position your husband held, unless I read it incorrectly.

Headed back to the cold and snowy north. Enjoy the warm, beautiful Carolina sunshine for me.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 AM

I have posted on another topics about my hubby but you would have to do some research to find it...little scary...I will enjoy this beautiful weather and I am done...The End...Be safe all...

Last edited by symbasmommy; 02-01-2012 at 08:29 AM..

Old 02-01-2012, 12:53 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Default No research needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbasmommy View Post
I have posted on another topics about my hubby but you would have to do some research to find it...little scary...I will enjoy this beautiful weather and I am done...The End...Be safe all...
I didn't have to do any research to know what your husband does. I remember the things that I read and I always read all of the Myrtle Beach - Conway forum threads. You said before that he was a police officer and that he works for the Sheriff's Dept. I don't recall you ever saying that he works for the dept. of corrections, but you did advise someone who was looking for a job to apply as a corrections officer, because they are always hiring.

Not taking sides between you and Wanttobewarm, but I have to tell you that it doesn't take stalking or research to remember what you said in previous posts that I read.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,366 times
We lived in North Myrtle and we have three kids. We had to move closer to my mother due to illness. We liked it so well we are moving back there at the end of the school year. We never had any problems or felt uncomfortable anywhere we went. People do need to keep in mind, though, that any place that is popular with tourism will have a higher crime rate.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:40 AM

59 posts, read 201,656 times
[quote=vg66;22770548]drugs, illegals working in many establishments-mb is a not a good place to live-period

in one of the golf course communities that went belly up---with 400k and 300k houses now sitting idle in the middle of a class action lawsuit....it's not safe to walk near the abandoned golf course or on the walking path around the course...the vibrant community is no longer.

Update: Last WEEK a woman was attacked while walking on the path in this community. This community is on the Surfside/Myrtle beach line and unfortunately has rental communities attached on several sides of this large complex ...a beautiful place but so unfortunate that it has deteriorated.

Last edited by vg66; 02-14-2012 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: forgot to add

Old 02-14-2012, 06:55 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
Which golf community?

Old 02-14-2012, 07:01 AM

59 posts, read 201,656 times
Wrong, I'm a grandmother, age 50+, no criminal record, drove in from 4 states up and was gainfully employed and haven't had a speeding ticket since I was 19. So don't generalize.
I am specifically speaking of Surfside Beach, a small community just S of Myrtle, but bordering the same. Please-I was visiting to help a sick family member-the magistrate was kind when I called but for heaven's sake-go after the drug dealers, the petty thieves, the club owners who traffic humans and let me visit my family in peace.

If you visit Surfside with an out of state plate, you will be noticed. It's one of the few ways they are desperately trying to make money. My neighbors from NY had the same exact situation. So don't assume that I am a criminal or have a reason to be followed, that is an insult. Maybe because I am from the state that I am, have dark hair, speak proper English--they don't want "our kind" there. Not sure. But as far as a family vacationing, please be vigilant and keep your eye on your loved ones and your belongings anywhere you go in the Myrtle Beach area. It's just common sense vacationing.

Crime is more a sign of the times and desperation.

You will not see negative publicity when it comes to crime. It's a resort area.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vg66 View Post
Wrong, I'm a grandmother, age 50+, no criminal record, drove in from 4 states up and was gainfully employed and haven't had a speeding ticket since I was 19. So don't generalize.
I am specifically speaking of Surfside Beach, a small community just S of Myrtle, but bordering the same. Please-I was visiting to help a sick family member-the magistrate was kind when I called but for heaven's sake-go after the drug dealers, the petty thieves, the club owners who traffic humans and let me visit my family in peace.

If you visit Surfside with an out of state plate, you will be noticed. It's one of the few ways they are desperately trying to make money. My neighbors from NY had the same exact situation. So don't assume that I am a criminal or have a reason to be followed, that is an insult. Maybe because I am from the state that I am, have dark hair, speak proper English--they don't want "our kind" there. Not sure. But as far as a family vacationing, please be vigilant and keep your eye on your loved ones and your belongings anywhere you go in the Myrtle Beach area. It's just common sense vacationing.

Crime is more a sign of the times and desperation.

You will not see negative publicity when it comes to crime. It's a resort area.
wow actually someone with some common sense here....bless you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area