Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

So I am guessing Carolina Forest is suppose to be very grand...I've been in there and don't see that grandness, seriously.
I think the Preswick in Myrtle Beach ( Surfside) is impressive. The Gates of Surfside Beach, cozy and distinguished. TPC ( Tournament Players Club) Impressive and distinguished, at Murrells Inlet on 707. Carolina Forest is just a nice place to live if you don't mind the 501 traffic.

It was precisely this traffic issue that kept me away from even looking at Carolina Forest.
501 in the summer time might just crack my calmness.

Since we have all these wonderful places to live off of 707 and Homestown Road I could see no
reason to venture out of this wonderful hub. Surfside Beach, Murrells Inlet, and outside city areas of Myrtle Beach are just perfect living locations.
There is easy access to the Market Commons, the airport, stores, malls etc. This area lacks for nothing and that makes for some great living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 01:10 PM

62 posts, read 125,342 times
Traffic was pretty crazy from March till April. We learned how to get around pretty quickly accessing back roads of which there are few - with some interesting neighborhoods tucked in here and there!

My husband & daughter came down & toured around the area, including Pawleys Island looking at the different neighborhoods. I liked the Hunters Ridge area - well-one part of it. Nice homes so it seems with a good chunk of land so your not on top of your neighbor.

Our condo is tiny, certainly not a place for us to retire to..but great for now, it serves its purpose. I really love it and also all my neighbors, everyone is so kind & watch out for one another. What a wonderful experience I've had.

Thankfully, in the month that I stayed I was not a victim of crime, just crazy traffic.......I plan on returning in the fall, health willing, hopefully the traffic will die down some!

Keep an eye on your purse ( or wallet ) my purse zippers, lock your doors in your vehicle and your home...don't venture into sketchy area's at night ( view crime maps - you'll see a pattern emerge ) and above all enjoy the wonderful weather, beach & folks who visit and live in the area.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:27 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
I feel so safe here. Maybe its my location of Socastee. I don't know of people who have had a crime issue and I have been coming here for over 10 years.
I've had nothing robbed and returned a wallet full of cash finding the lady inside a store, the wallet was on the ground outside.
The people here are superb, kind, friendly and full of helpfulness.
You can have some wonderful times here. Learn the short cuts and don't tell...

Old 04-26-2012, 10:49 PM

178 posts, read 329,429 times
Anyway, the only nice place to live in Myrtle Beach is Carolina Forest. Don't listen to people who say the south strand is soo nice, etc etc etc. I get SCARED when I go down there, its very white trash-y. If you can't afford a million dollar home in the Grande Dunes, there only other place is Carolina Forest point blank. Anywhere close to 3rd avenue or on the Forestbrook side of 501.. worst places off the top of my head. Claypond Commons is awful, I recently heard a horror story about a break-in there.. the neighbor kept coming over asking for things, haha sugar, but was scoping out the place. He broke in. Not cool... I'd never live anywhere outside of Carolina Forest![/quote]

The southern strand area is one of the nicest places to be! I don't think I would live in Carolina FOrest if someone gave me a free house there. Have much better things to do with my time than wait at that traffic light to get out on 501. And as another poster pointed out, don't conveniently leave out the man murdering his wife, the school shooting at CFHS, etc. People will read your post and think that anything south of Market COmmons is a dump, which it definitely is not. I live close to Surfside Pier and wouldn't consider moving anywhere else!!

Old 01-21-2014, 10:34 AM

22 posts, read 45,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by symbasmommy View Post
Well "wanttobewarm" you have certainly been a very lucky guy then....and in "reporting" I meant and "I think you knew it already but wanted to be smug"...the newspapers, news outlets, etc....reported to the public....

Whatever...you all can live in your dream worlds and your "just another day in paradise" view points but it is NOT real...we have major problems and I am not just saying this to start something....just this morning the whole parking lot Little River Diner was taped off with about oh I would say 10 Horry County police vehicles....I bet nobody will ever know about what happened there....I will..because my husband will tell me....let's just wait and see?

Have a good day all and please be safe!
This is really old but I do believe the owner of this dinner locked the doors and shot himself. This is third party information. May or may not be accurate. I do remember
he incident just not the dates.

Searching forum for current safety in murrels inlet and Pawleys. Which one is a preferred permanent home? Visiting to look for condos this Thursday. Anyone ever visited Blue Heron in MI? Condo? Thanks!

Old 01-22-2014, 04:06 AM

244 posts, read 714,748 times
Blue Heron is a nice-looking condo complex in one of the best locations in MI. However, the high, narrow architecture of the units means LOTS of stair-climbing and little usable square footage on each floor. The 3 story entry vestibule lets in lots of light but also devours the usable floor space on each story. When I looked there a few years back the buildings were under-maintained with peeling, rotting exterior wood. Many of the units have been upgraded by their owners but the ones in their original condition were sold as "contractors specials" with popcorn ceilings and low grade cabinetry, appliances and finishes. If you are looking there examine these things with a critical eye. There are only a few Inlet-front condo complexes in MI so your choices are extremely limited if a good view is important to you.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:54 AM

538 posts, read 1,007,864 times
Check out Winchester condos in Wachesaw East complex. Huuuuge 3 bedroom condos, well maintained for about 135-50k. Gated community, you will like it there.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:42 PM

22 posts, read 45,524 times
Thanks! I have to agree about Blue Heron. Seems some rumours about Homeowner Association willingness to address issues. Slow going on repairs. Very high fees, 400.00 plus. Terrific view. What a shame. One unit I saw had a problem with the floor, inside and under the building. Sadly I didn't see any other condos with that view.

I do however love it there. Saw property I liked. Some new homes. I like east of 17 buss. Narrows it down alot. I am coming back this week to look at more possibilities. Thanks, I will look into that other community. Also I hope I'm not making a mistake not looking in Litchfield area. Beautiful as we drove by. Any secret great condos to see there?

Thank-you

Old 01-31-2014, 04:09 AM

244 posts, read 714,748 times
You have good taste if you are looking east of Business 17 in MI but your choice of condos with a view is limited to two: Blue Heron and Allston House. Allston House has the same thrilling Inlet/ocean view as Blue Heron but not from all of its buildings. It's a smaller complex and the units are also relatively small for the money. I don't find the exteriors and construction quality all that appealing either. Everything else on the Inlet side of Business 17 in MI are very expensive single-family homes and lots, some of which are very quaint and "old coastal" feeling. You could go further south on 17 to Litchfield Resort which has oceanview and oceanfront condos but they are (a) expensive and (b) ugly IMHO. I've looked hard in the very area that interests you but the limited supply of property there with the "big view" means that prices are out of my reach.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:26 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,717,177 times
There are quite a few condo communities in Pawleys-and I wouldn't discount Litchfield either. If you don't have to have ocean views, but can be satisfied with some great marsh vistas, then you should be able to find some worth visiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area