Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 06:55 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,836,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoast2b View Post
... they concider a gyro a cultural event
LMAO!! So funny and oh so true. Gets my vote for "Quote of the Week".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 07:04 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,138,265 times
One thing I have noticed is that there seems to be an awful lot of events happening from Spring - Fall. Some sort of festival, show, event happening every weekend.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:31 AM

15 posts, read 25,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little River girl View Post
I will tell you the things we do like about MB. They have great restaurants here, unlike what we have in NY. I do like the beaches, not as nice as Florida, but pretty nice. We found a Church we really like. Also a beach a couple of towns south from us. We are close to Charleston. I love Charleston. It’s a quick plane ride. Hour and 40 minutes. It’s also drivable, can’t drive all the way to Florida anymore, it’s too far. I personally don’t care for the off season, but I know people who live here year round.
If you think pancake houses, deep fried chicken, pulled pork and very bad pizza are good restaurants you must be from a mountain in the Adirondacks. MB has ZERO good restaurants . Hell they dont even know what Abruzzi or Soppressata is. I am floored at your absurd statement comparing NY restaurants to the fried food bazaar in MB. Ruth Chris is considered a good steak down here for christ sakes. The seafood down here is atrocious and 90% frozen and they try passing it off as fresh. In NY fresh seafood comes of the boat 24/7 from the 3 largest fish market in the world and is on your plate with 2 hours. Here in MB they dont even have a fishing fleet unless you consider the 3 boats in Murells inlet that sail once a week a fishing fleet . I cant believe you made the comparison UNBELIEVABLE

Old 05-18-2018, 05:41 PM

214 posts, read 262,099 times
Leftcoast2b - we get it , you don't like Myrtle Beach . Sorry about that but millions do . Move away , find someplace you will be happy . I'm guessing almost any place would be better . Hope you find peace .

Old 05-22-2018, 10:13 PM

231 posts, read 156,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoast2b View Post
If you think pancake houses, deep fried chicken, pulled pork and very bad pizza are good restaurants you must be from a mountain in the Adirondacks. MB has ZERO good restaurants . Hell they dont even know what Abruzzi or Soppressata is. I am floored at your absurd statement comparing NY restaurants to the fried food bazaar in MB. Ruth Chris is considered a good steak down here for christ sakes. The seafood down here is atrocious and 90% frozen and they try passing it off as fresh. In NY fresh seafood comes of the boat 24/7 from the 3 largest fish market in the world and is on your plate with 2 hours. Here in MB they dont even have a fishing fleet unless you consider the 3 boats in Murells inlet that sail once a week a fishing fleet . I cant believe you made the comparison UNBELIEVABLE

Horry County Myrtle Beach area is one of the fastest growing non metro areas in the US.

Large number of new housing communities all over MB.

We lived in MB for 2 years and look to move back in the future.

We are currently in Florida and can tell you the food in MB was way better then anywhere here.

Ruth Christ is not a good steak in my opinion.

So lets go this route, We went to NYC to a ball game and then onto the Statue of Liberty. We stopped at a local so called Italian Restaurant and we all ordered something different. People in the stand recommended it. It was horrible enough we paid our bill without eating much and went to a TGI Fridays to get at least a decent meal. We could not get out of town fast enough, rude people, crime, homeless everywhere. Even the toll bridge ticket man told us to not make the wrong turn or you will have to go through the Bronx bad area. Take the second left, DO NOT take the first one.

In MB you can go to a Pelicans game, go out to dinner and never feel like you will be robbed or your car stolen etc like in NY.

Everyone has different food taste, what you like others wont and visa versa.

Many 1000s are moving to MB after doing research to find out life is so much better then where they are at.

The only major flaw in MB is medical. The medical is behind the times and needs desperate updating. With the huge growth you would think they would address this issue.

Funny three of the top restaurants in MB are owned by 3 men, all from NY.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:14 AM

120 posts, read 227,261 times
Leftcoast has an axe to grind in my opinion reading his posts. Probably moved here and couldn’t get a job and took it out on the area. Maybe even a musician who thought he was good but really couldn’t cut it.

I’m from NY, lived there all my life and visiting NY now. Some of the restaurants in NY are awesome and some are garbage. Some of the pizza places in NY are awesome, few and far between though you have to try several to get a great one. The great ones in NY are better than the great ones in Myrtle beach but certainly I don’t miss them at all because I am more than satisfied with the MB great ones.

Steak places in NY again, some are beyond awesome. Some top shelf places in MB also, maybe not quite as good but certainly good for an awesome evening dinner. Don’t miss any NY steak places while in MB.

The Marsh Walk is beyond awesome and has fresh fish in spite of leftcoast allegation it does not, actually beyond excellent seafood abounds around the area.

Hope you find a job soon leftcoast. Also seek some help for the anger problems, in the long run you will have a much better life.

I live in MB now, built a new home just finally moved into it a few weeks ago after living here for a year and the wife and I are loving it. We enjoy going back to Long Island for a visit but Mb is now home!!

Last edited by gdecamp; 05-23-2018 at 07:06 AM..

Old 05-23-2018, 09:00 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,138,265 times
Why are people trying to compare anything in MB to NYC? Two completely totally different worlds in almost every way imaginable. Both have their pros and cons. Both are awesome for what they are.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:11 AM

231 posts, read 156,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdecamp View Post
Leftcoast has an axe to grind in my opinion reading his posts. Probably moved here and couldn’t get a job and took it out on the area. Maybe even a musician who thought he was good but really couldn’t cut it.

I’m from NY, lived there all my life and visiting NY now. Some of the restaurants in NY are awesome and some are garbage. Some of the pizza places in NY are awesome, few and far between though you have to try several to get a great one. The great ones in NY are better than the great ones in Myrtle beach but certainly I don’t miss them at all because I am more than satisfied with the MB great ones.

Steak places in NY again, some are beyond awesome. Some top shelf places in MB also, maybe not quite as good but certainly good for an awesome evening dinner. Don’t miss any NY steak places while in MB.

The Marsh Walk is beyond awesome and has fresh fish in spite of leftcoast allegation it does not, actually beyond excellent seafood abounds around the area.

Hope you find a job soon leftcoast. Also seek some help for the anger problems, in the long run you will have a much better life.

I live in MB now, built a new home just finally moved into it a few weeks ago after living here for a year and the wife and I are loving it. We enjoy going back to Long Island for a visit but Mb is now home!!

Thank you!

The fish down in Murrells Inlet is caught the same day in most cases, not frozen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area