Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 09:54 PM

231 posts, read 156,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbaby View Post
I agree 100% with you about Central Florida. Relocated here from Jersey 5 years ago for baseball & college for my son and we hate it here!! Everything you said is on point but you forget about the hurricanes. I can't imagine that Myrtle Beach/Horry County can in any way be as bad as Florida.

I dont worry about the hurricanes at all. We are prepared always. We rode out the one last year.

Horry county has some rough areas too but nothing like the sprawl in every direction in Florida.

But, there are some beautiful communities here in Florida too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 08:43 PM

29 posts, read 49,835 times
I will tell you the things we do like about MB. They have great restaurants here, unlike what we have in NY. I do like the beaches, not as nice as Florida, but pretty nice. We found a Church we really like. Also a beach a couple of towns south from us. We are close to Charleston. I love Charleston. It’s a quick plane ride. Hour and 40 minutes. It’s also drivable, can’t drive all the way to Florida anymore, it’s too far. I personally don’t care for the off season, but I know people who live here year round.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:41 AM

15 posts, read 25,247 times
If the lack of culture is an issue in fla then MB isn't the place for you. Zero culture here. None what so ever. Everything is black and white no irish Jewish puertorican European culture here at all. J1 euros are as close as you'll get and they concider a gyro a cultural event

Old 03-20-2018, 07:14 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,137,655 times
I'm not so sure about culture, but I will say this place does seem to have a great sense of community.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:59 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,139,502 times
Born and raised in Myrtle Beach, currently live in Fort Lauderdale.

Love both, would never move out of South Florida by choice but Myrtle Beach is my heart.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:13 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,418,088 times
It would be MB area for me. Florida is one of the few states I actually pretty much despise all around. Especially the east coast of FL. No sense of community, soulless sprawl everywhere, terrible traffic, shallow culture, low mentality and low class people, summers are horrible, way too overdeveloped. I could go on and on. FL was probably a pretty nice place to be 50 yrs ago, when it was "old Florida". No more IMO.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:20 PM

132 posts, read 174,873 times
A day in the life huh: Well there's traffic...every day, everywhere. Slow old drivers from a bunch of states. Then add in millions of tourists...you get that picture.
You will schedule your day around that traffic.
The weather is great. The bills are low. The culture, absent.
The ocean is lovely. The people are generally nice.
The food is gross. Its geared to get as many in and out as possible . I get it. But you find a restaurant or two that you like I'm sure.
The shopping is limited.
The housing is plentiful and cheap.
The beach is great...

Old 04-08-2018, 07:06 PM

214 posts, read 262,040 times
Default Myrtle Beach

MB is the fastest growing metropolitan area in South Carolina (https://www.city-data.com/forum/south...-hot-city.html ) . Those who have moved there and those of us who will be moving there will be just fine .

Old 04-09-2018, 08:55 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,887,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachangel View Post
A day in the life huh: Well there's traffic...every day, everywhere. Slow old drivers from a bunch of states. Then add in millions of tourists...you get that picture.
You will schedule your day around that traffic.
The weather is great. The bills are low. The culture, absent.
The ocean is lovely. The people are generally nice.
The food is gross. Its geared to get as many in and out as possible . I get it. But you find a restaurant or two that you like I'm sure.
The shopping is limited.
The housing is plentiful and cheap.
The beach is great...

Some day, if you are lucky, you'll be old and slow

Old 04-10-2018, 05:56 AM

120 posts, read 227,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e66330 View Post
MB is the fastest growing metropolitan area in South Carolina (https://www.city-data.com/forum/south...-hot-city.html ) . Those who have moved there and those of us who will be moving there will be just fine .
It’s also the second fastest growing metropolitan area in the unites states. So in spite the naysayers there must be some redeeming qualities here. Moved here from Long Island a year ago now (May 1) and we are happy as can be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area