Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:03 AM

66 posts, read 184,332 times

Advertisements

@vrexy, thanks. Maybe there is just a problem on my end, she's the only one I've had a problem with. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 11:05 AM

Thanks vrexy, it seems like she is the only one I have a problem with. Just tried yours and the message box came right up, tried hers again and got the same message that I posted before. Thanks

Old 06-22-2011, 11:36 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,209 times
Default You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine12 View Post
Thanks vrexy, it seems like she is the only one I have a problem with. Just tried yours and the message box came right up, tried hers again and got the same message that I posted before. Thanks

Hey, no problem and you are welcome. I am a curious person, so had to try it! If you are still having problems contacting her, there is also a tab/button or whatever, on that same place that you can click on and send an email. Maybe that option will work for you. I have never used it, but did notice it there as an option.

If your problem persists, you might try contacting one of the moderators.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:30 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,801 times
She may have her direct message setting at "contacts" and "moderators" only, because I can't send her a DM either. I get the same message that engine12 gets.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,209 times
Default Excellent point

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
She may have her direct message setting at "contacts" and "moderators" only, because I can't send her a DM either. I get the same message that engine12 gets.

I bet you are right Neece!

Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 AM

That's probably it neecewh !!! Thanks !

Old 06-23-2011, 04:21 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,351,144 times
2 more days until I return, hopefully for the last time as a tourist, to Myrtle Beach. I wish I were job interviewing and house hunting and leaving MI behind forever, but maybe next time.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,023 times
Default year round at MB

to canudigit;
if you're planning on MB proper, you may not be able to move about during June through August; traffic is horrendous, however NMB, LR and Conway are not so bad. Heat and humidity may cause problems--many who move here begin to experience allergies. The cold and wind of winter is not generally too problematic for Snowbirds, and there are enough year-round residents that there is plenty to do and lots of groups to join. One other disadvantage is the number of times you may be evacuated for hurricanes.
Lots of shopping restaraunts and sun

Old 06-27-2011, 06:21 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,326,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chill1222 View Post
to canudigit;
if you're planning on MB proper, you may not be able to move about during June through August; traffic is horrendous, however NMB, LR and Conway are not so bad. Heat and humidity may cause problems--many who move here begin to experience allergies. The cold and wind of winter is not generally too problematic for Snowbirds, and there are enough year-round residents that there is plenty to do and lots of groups to join. One other disadvantage is the number of times you may be evacuated for hurricanes.
Lots of shopping restaraunts and sun
Thanks, those are a lot of the same things that we noticed when we visited during the off season.

Actually, we are very happy in the state where we live now, and we are close to our families, particularly our aging parents, so I doubt that we would ever make the move a permanent, year round one. Just having a place to go during the winter months and occasionally during the spring and autumn months would be good enough, considering that the weather where we live now can't be beat from April to October. It's that stretch of winter from right after Christmas to early April that we are hoping to avoid, and since that's only about three months, it would make more sense to stay here for the remaining nine months. We live in a small town with some tourist attractions that gets a little busy on the weekends during the warm months, but nothing like MB and not nearly as hot and humid. I love MB, but I love home too, so it would be great to have the best of both worlds.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:04 AM

244 posts, read 715,636 times
My wife and I have been looking for a place in MB ever since the bubble burst. I'm glad that we've been picky since post-implosion real estate prices continue to decline in the Grand Strand (see yesterday's Sun-News for the latest bad word). We're a decade away from retirement and are in no hurry to buy anything but we'd jump on something compelling if it ever came around. We've looked at a lot of properties of all types, foreclosure and otherwise, over the past three years but nothing we've seen so far has had the right mix of location, appearance, and price that makes us want to reach for our wallets. I watch the MB listings closely and am confident that the right property will come along some day. I'm just glad that I didn't rush in and catch a falling knife over the last few years like so many other "investors" who figured, wrongly, that the MB real estate market had bottomed out. That won't happen until there aren't 750 foreclosures on the local MLS dragging values down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area