Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 06:21 PM

66 posts, read 184,356 times

Advertisements

Summering, tried to send you a PM but you don't allow them... Where abouts in PA was your home, we are close to Gettysburg. Did you have wall paper and removed it, and also did you have different colors and re-paint ? We have one of the best realtors and do open houses just about every Sunday. Just looking for some other possible ideas.... We have already lowered the price over 45k... Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 06:27 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,806 times
Default Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
We have just sold our home in NEPA and will be moving to Murrells Inlet or thereabouts by August 13th.....( or I will be quite homeless)
We will be waiting for the home inspection to go thru nicely. I don't expect any problems but you just never know. Then quite soon, the end of this month most likely, we will head down to contract on a home.
We have had lots of years to research as we stay in Surfside Beach every winter.
Actually, we love our time there. The southern people are just wonderful, and the snowbirds are always so full of laughter and kindness.
This will be a great move for us because PA winters are getting very long and harsh.
I'm excited to live by the ocean and know its only a days drive back home to those majestic mountains.
The only thing that is not fun is the packing......The rest will be just wonderful.

Congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming move to paradise! We moved to Surfside Beach almost 2 years ago and absolutely love it here. I've seen from reading your previous posts that you are familiar with the area and know that you must be super excited!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:47 PM

17 posts, read 30,807 times
I'm in Western PA, and just put my home up on the market. I'm taking the plunge, and hopefully the young families will want to purchase this summer before school starts.

We spent two weeks in Top Sail, but I can't find any 'communities' in that area. So I'm cruising down the road to the area that fits my age group, fits my interests, fits my wanted weather pattern, and hopefully, fulfills my need to be near water.

Please let the first family make an offer!

Old 06-18-2011, 09:27 PM

790 posts, read 1,627,094 times
Price it right and it will sell. But keep in mind that it's not 2006 and you'll never get the price it would have sold for back then. When we sold our house to move here, our broker advised us to put our house on the market for $30K more than what I knew it should be listed for and when I questioned her, she assured us that it was the right price. Three months later, we lowered the price to what it should have been listed for originally and sold and closed on it within 60 days. A house is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay...not what we would like it to sell for. Look at what houses are selling for nearby and price aggressively/accurately.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:03 AM

17 posts, read 30,807 times
I've got the dilemma of renting versus selling. Take the money and run -- or use the rental for long-term investment. While I would enjoy the extra monthly income, there's the problem of renting from a distance, keeping a rental occupied, and finding a good 'handyman' to actually do the work. I'd rather sell it to a family who will keep up the home, enjoy the huge yard, and make the home a celebration again.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,292 times
My husband and I are planning to move and retire in Myrtle Beach, SC and cannot wait!! However, I still have another year to work AND we need to sell our home! We are leaving the San Antonio area of Texas; we have a home in a lake side community. Anyway, I am ready for the ocean! I have been getting home descriptions from a realtor for about a year - love them all! What is it really like living there? I don't care about crowds; we have lived in the LA suburbs as well as the NYC suburbs, so nothing can be as bad as those areas as far as traffic goes! Our daughter will be going to college in NY state, so it is just the two of us.
Thanks

Old 06-21-2011, 02:38 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,695,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine12 View Post
Summering, tried to send you a PM but you don't allow them... Where abouts in PA was your home, we are close to Gettysburg. Did you have wall paper and removed it, and also did you have different colors and re-paint ? We have one of the best realtors and do open houses just about every Sunday. Just looking for some other possible ideas.... We have already lowered the price over 45k... Thanks
You mean a Direct Message.........that should work.....hemmmmmm.
Our PA home is just below Stroudsburg, past the Delaware Water Gap.

I have no wallpaper. I realize, what was my tastes, would not be a future buyers tastes.......The owner usually loves their wall paper, the buyer does not.
I have very neutral colors. Shades of tans....one called comforting that changes color a bit depending on the light coming in. Some pale sage green in the bedrooms.
It all boiled down to price. I had it on previously, decorated the same and it was in a higher bracket.
I believe you have to be on the "lower" side now. Sure my home was worth 85 thousand more just some years back..... It is not that time now. You have to be completely priced right or the Open Houses will go to waste.
No extras around as far as collectibles. A few in a grouping as decor.....
No 8X10 pictures sitting on a huge, huge, wall. Good clean floors....
Leave rooms open with space. Dispose of old items, extra clutter.
I hope your home is sold now.......
If not, best, best, of luck to you........Summering

Old 06-21-2011, 02:41 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,695,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming move to paradise! We moved to Surfside Beach almost 2 years ago and absolutely love it here. I've seen from reading your previous posts that you are familiar with the area and know that you must be super excited!
Vrexy......Thanks........I remember you.........
I buy a home NEXT WEEK.........I can hardly believe it myself.
We love the ocean, the people, and the places of Myrtle Beach.
I even miss the little ole' dog park...( and so does Maddie)
I'll be your neighbor soon, Wave to me...

Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 AM

66 posts, read 184,356 times
Summering, very sorry for using the wrong terminology for you, I stand corrected... DIRECT MESSAGE . I'll try very hard to remember that. Anyway when I try to send you a DIRECT MESSAGE I get the following ( I cut and pasted this so if anything is worded wrong contact City-Data forum please)

Summering has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Summering from the recipient list and send the message again.

This is what I get when I click send a DIRECT MESSAGE to Summering.....

Old 06-22-2011, 06:35 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,678,806 times
Default direct messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine12 View Post
Summering, very sorry for using the wrong terminology for you, I stand corrected... DIRECT MESSAGE . I'll try very hard to remember that. Anyway when I try to send you a DIRECT MESSAGE I get the following ( I cut and pasted this so if anything is worded wrong contact City-Data forum please)

Summering has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Summering from the recipient list and send the message again.

This is what I get when I click send a DIRECT MESSAGE to Summering.....

I just sent a message to Summering and didn't have any problems......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area