Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,549,320 times

Advertisements

Using Google Maps, I just did both routes. Going through Norfolk (for us from NJ) would be 685 miles and 13 hours. Doing the route around Washington and through Northern VA is 646 miles and 11.5 hours. While I don't mind the extra 40 miles, the extra 1.5 hours would not be desirable. I think we will continue to try to time our trip through the Washington DC area.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 07:33 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,812 times
We always take 301 through Maryland to get around Baltimore and DC traffic. It will drop you off on 95 just North of Richmond. It is a little stop and go due to traffic lights, but I just can't stand DC traffic and even with the lights it never took us longer and was ALWAYS less stressful.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:13 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,676,644 times
We head west on 22 and take 81 south...Down by Winchester we get on 66 to 17 into Fredricksburg and 95 from there.
This was we avoid both beltways. Worth going out of our way just to not ride the beltway.
81 is always quiet and a good drive.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 PM

17 posts, read 40,740 times
We are seriously taking a look at moving to the MB area. Hopefully it wont be in a few years and will be much sooner.
I love reading back through these post. A lot of great information.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:00 AM

96 posts, read 220,514 times
Well just a little up date. Planned the work and worked the plan. ........
Can not be happier. Found the house in the development in the county with the schools at the price we were searching for which also happens to be on a street with plenty of kids my sons age.
Had the first whiffle ball game less than 24 hours of moving in.
Thanks to all the posters for all there insight and info. Plenty of work unpacking and making the house a home but I am looking forward to posting some up dates ( just like so many helpful peeps did in the past) .

Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 AM

17 posts, read 40,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass11 View Post
Well just a little up date. Planned the work and worked the plan. ........
Can not be happier. Found the house in the development in the county with the schools at the price we were searching for which also happens to be on a street with plenty of kids my sons age.
Had the first whiffle ball game less than 24 hours of moving in.
Thanks to all the posters for all there insight and info. Plenty of work unpacking and making the house a home but I am looking forward to posting some up dates ( just like so many helpful peeps did in the past) .

This is great news. I am happy for you. You must have made all the right decisions.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:31 PM

35 posts, read 76,401 times
Default Looking for information

I am looking into renting for six months at The Gardens at Cyprus Bay In Little River? Any information or opinions about this area would be very helpful. I asked earlier in another thread but have not received any replies.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,837 times
High taxes come as a result of too many unsustainable government sponsored programs. Please leave that in Taxachusettes. With that in mind, please enjoy what we have preserved and don't try to change it. Welcome.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:07 AM

35 posts, read 89,397 times
My family and I are moving to Myrtle Beach later this month. We found a rental in the Carolina Forest area and plan on being in the area for AT least 1-2 years. Right now I'm trying to find info on setting up internet service, utilities and the like for our house so that it's ready to go within the first day or two of arrival. We visited the area a couple weeks ago and my wife just adored the area. We have three small children and are excited about the schools. Just looking for overall help on the home services and general help on getting acclimated as new residents to the area. Thanks!

Old 08-07-2013, 04:42 PM

245 posts, read 495,861 times
Smills91

You are better off starting a new thread to get help with your questions.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area