Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 03:10 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,899,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaz01 View Post
This is a tip for all the women on the thread who are anxious about moving to MB area and self conscious about their weight - in South Carolina they actually post your weight on your SC drivers license!! Had I realized that I might have cut my self-reported weight by a few pounds when I filled out the license paperwork! (LOL) ....
I was a little taken aback when I saw that too. Let's face it though, there is no sense shaving off a few pounds ... any person looking at our drivers licenses already knows!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 04:25 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,684,158 times
Default I totally lied

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I was a little taken aback when I saw that too. Let's face it though, there is no sense shaving off a few pounds ... any person looking at our drivers licenses already knows!

I totally lied on mine. I put what I wish I weighed, which is no where near the actual!

Old 01-11-2012, 06:30 PM

145 posts, read 359,884 times
Don't see how this can help SC, with so many people with fluctuating weight. You'd need to state your weight and then a day later, be found to have an obvious discrepancy, either visually or with an actual documented weight. Also, they can't expect people to always know and admit their weight -- people lie, sometimes even to themselves.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 PM

Default USA driver's license?

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a DL valid throughout the USA? I heard there is, but never proved it. I don't intend to leave SC once I get there, at least I hope not .... just want to end the red tape -- moved once for a short time to GA from PA and then back to PA. Had to take the GA paper test, but not the actual road test, was not required to take any test to get back to PA, but that was at the examiner's discretion.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:38 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,716,497 times
I didn't have to take a road test or any written test in SC. I did have to take a written test when I moved to PA. It was tricky too......But I got it done.
Yes, they put everything big and bold on the license here.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:14 PM

[quote=Summering;22504679]I didn't have to take a road test or any written test in SC. I did have to take a written test when I moved to PA. It was tricky too......But I got it done.
Yes, they put everything big and bold on the license here.[/Q

Am relieved to hear. I'm so sick of the drivers license musical chairs bureaucracy with the testing. As long as there is some paperwork but no testing, I'll state any weight they want me to. LOL!

Old 01-15-2012, 01:16 PM

Default Which game it resembles?

Maybe it's a gameboard rather than than musical chairs.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:22 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,716,497 times
You need proof you live here. Proof you paid your taxes ( across the street from the license bureau)....Your social security card and I think we had to have the marriage license.
Bring everything like that with you.
If you died, you may want to bring that paperwork too.......

Old 01-18-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
You need proof you live here. Proof you paid your taxes ( across the street from the license bureau)....Your social security card and I think we had to have the marriage license.
Bring everything like that with you.
If you died, you may want to bring that paperwork too.......
Summering, LOL!! I assume you mean either state or federal tax or both, but if you mean only SC taxes, what if you are too new to have paid any state tax (other than maybe sales tax?). To some extent I've lived a sheltered life so far, but maybe my husband knows about the taxes. I really hope SC recognizes a national DL. I'll find out more about that when I get there.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Default Newcomers and Hopefuls to MB -- physical group

I have about 5 ID's on my list of people waiting for the physical group. If I've seen that you have asked to be on the list, I have already confirmed by posting to you. Of course, anything provided to me by PM -- I reply back to by PM. When I relocate to MB and am ready for the first meeting, I will contact everyone on the list by PM to confirm current interest and discuss intial plans. If I have any trouble leaving a PM, I will simply post here or on any other N and H to MB thread and simply tell you that I am trying to send a PM. If I cannot send a PM or any other notification other than posting on the thread, I will post here that I am unable to reach you by a private method, so please leave a post here. Hopefully eventually any "computer tag" will end eventually. Just trying to keep everything as private as everyone wants.

Just to re-iterate, if anyone wants to start the physical group before I get to MB, of course they are entitled to it, in fact I would be very happy about it --and would love to be invited to be a part of it.

If you would like to be on the list or did not see anything from me confirming you're on the list, just let me know.

I will repeat this message periodically and as always any critiques or suggestions are very welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area