Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 AM

66 posts, read 184,527 times

Advertisements

Well folks, our dream is over. After 3 longggg years of trying to sell our home here in PA for our Myrtle Beach/Little River house, we threw in the towel..... It's been a rough 3 years of trying to sell. After several long days and sleepless nights we made the decision to take the house off of the market and canceled the contract on the LR house until the market/economy comes back (if it ever does). But MB will still our favorite area and the best people around ! ! ! I'll still be "lurking: here Thanks for everyone's support ! ! ! !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 10:33 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,353,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine12 View Post
Well folks, our dream is over. After 3 longggg years of trying to sell our home here in PA for our Myrtle Beach/Little River house, we threw in the towel..... It's been a rough 3 years of trying to sell. After several long days and sleepless nights we made the decision to take the house off of the market and canceled the contract on the LR house until the market/economy comes back (if it ever does). But MB will still our favorite area and the best people around ! ! ! I'll still be "lurking: here Thanks for everyone's support ! ! ! !
Having been in that boat before, I'm very sorry to hear your news. We are trying again next year. But after having a great job lined-up, a school for the kids and everything in check except for selling our house, it was so depressing to throw in the towel. I hope all works out for you somehow, as I hope the same for me and everyone else in our situation. God bless.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:37 PM

52 posts, read 103,736 times
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Hoping the dream is just postponed and will come back to life once the market turns around!

Old 10-10-2011, 04:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingSouthGal View Post
Dawns2shelties, I started this thread and pretty much take care of this thread but I am not the best at it. I did not mean to ignore your information about Conway. After reading your post, I would be careful about the Conway area in general. The last thing you need coming to "Nirvana", which many of us consider MB to be, is concern about crime and noisy, inconsiderate neighbors.

You gave us a good "heads up" about Conway. I'm sure there are some nice areas in Conway, with many happy residents, but my family has an impression that's it's somewhat "shacky". Also, in Rome you have to do what the Romans do, and it may be too uncomfortable to try to fit in. This is especially true for retirees, which seems about half the hopefuls to MB. I lived in Gettysburg, which is a college town, and very well-controlled, but even so, we had a student clowning by laying in the street, and we heard some bad language, etc. College living quarters in high numbers -- not so good.
No problem with delayed reply. Thanks for your response. We settled on our home in Murrells Inlet Palm Bay developement which is a part of the Prince Creek Community. I am very happy with our choice and look forward to our move in Dec.

Now to find a good long distance moving company. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 10-11-2011, 01:26 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,564,608 times
[quote=dawns2shelties;21230036]We settled on our home in Murrells Inlet Palm Bay developement which is a part of the Prince Creek Community. I am very happy with our choice and look forward to our move in Dec.
quote]

Palm Bay looks nice. New construction? I walk by daily on my excercise walk through Prince Creek and the Bays. I have not walked into Palm Bay, but I am guessing it is large, stretching along Prince Creek Parkway almost to 707.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 PM

145 posts, read 359,797 times
Default Sorry to hear :(

Quote:
engine12, maybe you can put the house back on the market when it improves. I'm sure it will eventually -- everything with the economy seems intertwined -- the "green" revolution, which in the end should conserve lots of money, the (alleged) efforts to bring manufacturing back to the USA, the banking mess still in flux, etc. Hopefully your dream to relo to Shangri-La will soon be put back into action. Thanks for YOUR support by remaining interested in this thread.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Default Congrats on your home settlement! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawns2shelties View Post
No problem with delayed reply. Thanks for your response. We settled on our home in Murrells Inlet Palm Bay developement which is a part of the Prince Creek Community. I am very happy with our choice and look forward to our move in Dec.

Now to find a good long distance moving company. Does anyone have any suggestions?
dawns2shelties, Don't really have a particular day or time I get online. If I answer someone within a couple of days, it's pure coincidence. However, once I have a physical group in MB, I WILL be on time for the meetings. LOL!
I also think a physical group would be easier for me, because then I will have an alternative other than navigating the forums, but I still do plan to continue as I have been with this or a similar thread on city-data.com.

I do not know of any moving companies at all, I know there were a number of nationwide companies but that was many years ago. I did not yet read the subsequent posts but hopefully you have an answer by now. Good luck with that.

When did you settle on the house?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:38 PM

Default Welcome to the Newcomers and Hopefuls to Myrtle Beach thread...

[quote=tmozer;21242270]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawns2shelties View Post
We settled on our home in Murrells Inlet Palm Bay developement which is a part of the Prince Creek Community. I am very happy with our choice and look forward to our move in Dec.
quote]

Palm Bay looks nice. New construction? I walk by daily on my excercise walk through Prince Creek and the Bays. I have not walked into Palm Bay, but I am guessing it is large, stretching along Prince Creek Parkway almost to 707.
tmozer, your name sounds famiilar. This thread is now so large it's hard for me to find people. LOL! But that's good. When I read the part of the name with "prince" I thought of Prince Colonial Motel. That's where my family stayed when we stopped in MB back in the 60's, which I was a kid. My dad's old army buddy owned the place, which is how we ended up there. Wondering if you or anyone else reading this remembers that place. I assume it's defunked, since I could not find the name on the Internet. I did not expect to find it, especially with the changes in the lodging industry over the years.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:51 PM

Default Specific question for neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia561 View Post
Great idea! When we were there in August, I stopped for a haircut and was asking the girl questions about the area. Told her we were moving to the area and asked her opinion. She had grown up in Murrills Inlet and gave me her perspective, which I found really helpful!

DH is pushing for a condo as he's tired of yardwork, but I want a small house for the noise and privacy issues. I'd also like a small yard so we can get a dog again, as I miss having pets. We're going back and forth on 2 bedrooms vs 3, as don't know if we want to encourage visitors or not.
Alexia, Just saw your post about the question to the hairdresser. Before we bought our current home, we were considering another home and part of the "process" was to hang around outside the house long enough to spot a neighbor outside. We asked the neighbor "Do you know anything about the former/current occupants of this house and anything about the house itself?". She told us the house was owned by "drug dealers"who were currently incarcerated, which explained the Grecian style pool while the house was neglected, with the tiniest kitchen we ever saw. We did not buy that house.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:10 PM

66 posts, read 184,527 times
Thanks for your support MovingSouthGal In a couple of years hopefully things will turn around....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area