Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:14 PM

15 posts, read 120,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblanco22 View Post
That picture brings back great memories. On the subject of water parks, perhaps someone here can finally shed light on a long-standing mystery for me: I distinctly remember a water park somewhere in North Miami or perhaps South Broward in the late 70s called Water Boggan that predated Six Flags. It was a much smaller place and you had to slide down on these big, unwieldy rubber blue mats because the slides' surfaces were not smooth. Can anyone please confirm?
I think I remember that place. I was really young, but my mom would take my brother out there and I would go. It was located on 441 next to the Home Depot on Pembroke Road and 441. I asked my mom and she said she thinks there is a Pawn Shop or something located on the spot that it was on. I need to talk to my brother and he will know for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 03:59 PM

100 posts, read 503,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theloneliest Monk View Post
I think I remember that place. I was really young, but my mom would take my brother out there and I would go. It was located on 441 next to the Home Depot on Pembroke Road and 441. I asked my mom and she said she thinks there is a Pawn Shop or something located on the spot that it was on. I need to talk to my brother and he will know for sure.
Thank you loneliest Monk, I appreciate it, and I think you're definitely thinking of the same place that I was based on the approximate location you're describing.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:22 PM

13 posts, read 70,483 times
Does anybody remember the LUMS in coconut grove?

Old 01-18-2008, 03:31 PM

670 posts, read 1,743,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertigerteahouse View Post
Does anybody remember the LUMS in coconut grove?
yes

Old 01-18-2008, 03:37 PM

39 posts, read 371,097 times
MIAMI BLUE....Yes, the 5 & 10 cent store was in the northwest corner of SW 124 St. and U.S.1 Remember when the rail road tracks used to be there and not a stupid busway ? lol My mom would take me there a lot too. Since then, it went from being a farms store to a convience store now where about 1-2 years ago a cashier got shot to death in a robbery...nice guy trying to work here to send money back to his family in Pakistan. My how Miami has changed.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:42 PM

39 posts, read 371,097 times
GLAM SLAM in Miami Beach, CAMEO, Van Dome.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:28 PM

13 posts, read 70,483 times
How about DECOS or the Egg House.....

Old 01-19-2008, 09:55 AM

224 posts, read 1,001,610 times
There used to be stores called Eagle which was like a 5 & Dime...

Old 01-20-2008, 10:49 PM

8 posts, read 44,666 times
Default Holy Smokes - What A Stroll Down Memory Lane!!!

I have no idea how I came across this forum as my memory fails me once again (as is the usual as of late). I have been looking over the posts on Kendall and am amazed how much has gone on in this place.

If I started telling stories about all the 'stuff' I know about or have experienced in Kendall, I would go on non-stop until the end of time. My family has lived in Kendall for almost 60 years, and though it has taken quite some time, I have seen it all here - or at the least, close to it all.

I used to gripe about how bad things are here and how much things have changed for the worst. However, I finally 'surrendered' and admitted to myself that this is home - so either I had to live with it or live without it.

I decided to live with it, and for once in my life, changed my 'mode of operation'. I now go 'with the grain' a bit more (but just a bit) and try to use my energy, time and resources to make things better as opposed to griping about how bad things have become.

There is just about nothing which happens here that surprises me anymore. It has been interesting at the very least and terribly enjoyable (and funny at times) at its best. I am the kid who never grew up, but reading everyone's accounts about home just aged me a bit though.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:10 PM

8 posts, read 44,666 times
Default A Bit Of Info - Hope This Helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish75 View Post
Wow!! Weird flashbacks. Did Lilas close for real? I will sure miss that mountain of french fries with that paper thin steak buried underneath! Pirates, I totally forgot about that. Anyone remember Lindsay (sp.) Lumber on 8th street and 127? ave? My fathers favorite stomping ground back in the day. How about the restaurant on 87th and Coral Way, nw corner, I believe it was called Westward Ho?? I used to live right next to that LUMS by FIU and Taco Viva rocked!! What about that place by Dadeland mall called the Golden Pyramid? Remember that one. Keep this one going!
I think you are talking about a store by the name of "Gold Triangle." It was right across the street from Dadeland.

I could keep this thread going until the end of time, so I will give you just a couple for now.

The Youth Fair used to be held where The Boys and Girls Club (formerly K-Land) is.

The big U-Haul location on US-1 and 67th Avenue (SW) used to be what we now call Kendall Toyota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami