Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,160 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to remember the name of a water park that was either in the late 70's or early 80's that I think was next to Dadeland Mall. Does anyone remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 03:42 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,110,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
I remember going shrimping off the bridge in Key Biscayne as a kid in the late 70's. We'd go out with our nets and a light in the middle of the night and catch them by the chestfull. I doubt they still run like that. The conch have all gone, too.
-------

Yes, we used to do that a lot. We had nets with a very long handle and we waited for shrimps to come in large clusters. Good excuse to get blasted too. Heard somewhere now it's forbidden.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:19 AM

224 posts, read 1,001,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happylower View Post
I'm trying to remember the name of a water park that was either in the late 70's or early 80's that I think was next to Dadeland Mall. Does anyone remember?
I have a vague memory of it.... Was it across from Dadeland where CompUSA is/was?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:50 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,901,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman33 View Post
I have a vague memory of it.... Was it across from Dadeland where CompUSA is/was?
Wow - I can't remember that at all. I only remember the movies there. Wometco I think? Oh and Gold Triangle. Wasn't that there too?

Old 08-21-2010, 05:52 PM

296 posts, read 228,689 times
Can the oldies inform us about average life span of seafront apartment buildings ..?

Those built in the 50's are still around or are they considered as tear-downs..

They must be "rotten " ,from humidity & salt,after half a century ...

Old 08-21-2010, 07:39 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,898,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happylower View Post
I'm not that old but I have never heard of a waterpark being located by Dadeland and I'm really into theme parks and waterparks.The only defunct waterpark that I know of was Atlantis aka: Six Flags Atlantis in Hollywood.For some reason there appears to be a bunch of planned waterparks in South Florida.We do have Rapids in Riviera Beach,supposedly they're going to build a Shlitterbahn waterpark next to Ft.Lauderdale stadium,another small one next to Dolphin Stadium and the proposed one that's been in the works for almost a decade in the Miami Metrozoo,who knows if it will ever get built.The only one I'm excited about is the Shlitterbahn project since it's one of the best known names in the waterpark industry.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,160 times
I don't remember if it was across the mall or next to the highway. I do remember you had to use a mat to slide and it was either blue or yellow, i think yellow and i believe it had an arcade next to it. It's driving me nuts trying to remember the name of the park.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:40 PM

2,226 posts, read 5,110,674 times
Maybe some facilities they had at Tropical Park..

Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,999 times
Does anyone remember the place on LeJeune road with wooden picnic tables that only served watermelon ?

Old 08-29-2010, 01:38 PM

3 posts, read 11,046 times
I am new to Forum...It looks like a great resource... I used to surf at 1st street South Beach...park at dog track parking lot...get wax from WEST COAST EAST surf shop ( I think I still have one of their window stickers...), Eat fresh bagels from the bagel shop next door... the only bathroom nearby was on the pier...the "old folks would sit at a little area just to the west of the pier...haha now I am just about one of them....They put a LUMS in...with beer steamed dogs...I surfed during Hurricane Betsy but not at South Beach because police were arresting surfers...I went to 21st and surfed in front of Eden Roc...I was going to put up a few photos from 65 but it looks like I need a web site to "host" them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami