Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2024, 05:14 PM

633 posts, read 404,117 times

Advertisements

Bed time grandpa...you have insurance companies to argue with in the morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The "I'm rubber your glue argument"? Good job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2024, 05:58 PM

18,435 posts, read 8,268,923 times
was the UF the only college with DEI? it's the one in the news for cancelling it...

what about all the other colleges in Florida?....were they not on the DEI bandwagon at all?

Old 03-05-2024, 06:10 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,192,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
was the UF the only college with DEI? it's the one in the news for cancelling it...

what about all the other colleges in Florida?....were they not on the DEI bandwagon at all?
All the other colleges in Florida have to follow suit. University of North Florida started phasing out its program in January. My husband read that UF employed 15 employees in its DEI department. The head was making $300k. Big bucks!

Old 03-05-2024, 07:05 PM

1,216 posts, read 511,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Can you provide a single reason why any University would publicly post the test scores of legacy admits when it's clear merit wasn't the main criteria? Did it ever cross your mind that these sorts of admissions are intentionally kept nebulous?

Well legacies sure weren't comprised of "evil blacks." At the time most Universities were founded, it was illegal for enslaved Africans to read/taught to read...who do you think made those laws? "The Blacks?"

And while you're at it, are you also able to provide unbiased data that demonstrates the oppression heterosexual white males face? Please nothing anecdotal or from conspiracy and/or questionable sources.
Most legacies in the USA are blacks at HBCUs. Who taught blacks to read and write, whites, regardless when and were it happened. Who sold blacks into slavery, other blacks lol. And for 1,000 years before the usa was even a country.

Old 03-05-2024, 08:14 PM

Feel better now?! I’m sure you were dying to get that off your chest…but I do have a question. Who’s moral compass was more functional in that instance the drug dealers (Africans selling Africans) or the drug users (White colonists dependent on slave labor)??

The real question is why were HBCUs necessary to begin with? Was it because whites wouldn’t allow blacks at their institutions of higher education so they had to rely on land grants during the Reconstruction period to build their own facilities? Those evil blacks I tell ya

Purely for educational purposes and my own curiosity, but what is your highest level of completed education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Most legacies in the USA are blacks at HBCUs. Who taught blacks to read and write, whites, regardless when and were it happened. Who sold blacks into slavery, other blacks lol. And for 1,000 years before the usa was even a country.

Last edited by silverct9a; 03-05-2024 at 08:22 PM..

Old 03-06-2024, 05:37 AM

18,435 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
All the other colleges in Florida have to follow suit. University of North Florida started phasing out its program in January. My husband read that UF employed 15 employees in its DEI department. The head was making $300k. Big bucks!
that's what I figured, but can't find anything about all the other colleges....news makes it sound like it was just UF

Old 03-06-2024, 06:33 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Bed time grandpa...you have insurance companies to argue with in the morning
What time is Call to Duty?

Old 03-06-2024, 08:07 AM

I will say, it appears you have a sense of humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
What time is Call to Duty?

Old 03-06-2024, 08:36 AM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSheepleWillHaveTheirSa View Post
No, it isn't. DIE is institutionalized racism.
You like it, simply because it's targeting the same race that YOU want to get.
Stop trying to tell the other side what they think or why and listen to them. No, I don't want to "get" white people. That's ridiculous. I am one. But that doesn't mean I am blind to the need for mechanisms to thwart racism.

Old 03-06-2024, 08:37 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
From what I read in the paper the salaries being paid to political hacks appointed by DeSantis is well above the $300k paid for a Program Director at a university.

Last edited by VA Yankee; 03-06-2024 at 08:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida