Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 09:17 PM

5,065 posts, read 7,535,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Well Athens is going through some rough times right now.
I was in the city in 2003, before all the trouble started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 PM

10,774 posts, read 23,916,754 times
Ottawa. Although it's a pretty city, after about 4-5 hours you feel like your ready to move on or go back to Montreal. Very low key capital city.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:49 PM

113 posts, read 416,142 times
Memphis.

If God had to choose any city in the world and give an enima, he would choose Memphis - Tennesee.

Have ever dreamed of visiting Africa? Save your money and drive to Memphis !!

Old 05-03-2013, 04:20 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,435,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Could you guys expand on Athens? I am planning a visit there possibly.
I'm going to Athens this June actually but Greece is in bad shape economically right now- the country has no money. I am going though bc I have 4 friends who have gone and said it was the most beautiful place they have ever seen, so I'm giving it a whirl.

No country's economy is really doing that well in general though. Look at Ireland and America. I wouldnt say dont go to Greece bc of the situation- just be careful like you would anywhere else you go.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:43 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,998,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
What cities after your visit left you disappointed? What cities left you wanting your money back? Please give long thought out answers. Explain why!

Please do not name a city in your own country.
Tijuana. I wanted my gas back. My fault. I was expecting to see something like Guanajuato. I probably got confused. Not only I didn't find that but the place was really creepy, very isolated and this was way before the drug problems exploted in the border cities.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:46 PM

274 posts, read 471,773 times
New York. It's not surprising as Philly

Old 05-06-2013, 06:45 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,444,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai Frente View Post
Memphis.

If God had to choose any city in the world and give an enima, he would choose Memphis - Tennesee.

Have ever dreamed of visiting Africa? Save your money and drive to Memphis !!
I take it the teenage girls there are not very receptive to old men?

Old 05-06-2013, 07:08 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,106,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
Washington DC: The monument part is OK (Capitolio is amazing) but the streets and the rest of the city doesn't have anything special.
Really ? What about historic Georgetown? Elegant, Embassy Row? Washington Cathedral, and the National Shrine? (both of them rank among the largest 10 church structures in the World). The Spanish Steps? Colonial, Old Town Alexandria? The Chinatown memorial arch? The National Portrait Gallery? The International Spy Museum? The Newseum? The Adams-Morgan district?

Old 05-06-2013, 11:16 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,066,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bird View Post
New York. It's not surprising as Philly
LOL!

Old 05-06-2013, 11:29 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,570,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Tijuana. I wanted my gas back. My fault. I was expecting to see something like Guanajuato. I probably got confused. Not only I didn't find that but the place was really creepy, very isolated and this was way before the drug problems exploted in the border cities.
No offense, but you might be the first person ever to go to Tijuana and expect to see a colonial gem like Guanajuato... I mean for most people the reputation and expectation is that Tijuana is a sleazy border town--as a kid growing up in California we'd tell jokes with Tijuana simply being a euphemism for "craphole."

Actually, after going to Tijuana as an adult I was presently surprised to find a few nicer areas away from the border and good restaurants there. But the image and stereotype of Tijuana most associated with Tijuana for Americans(since the 1930s really) is that it's a Sin-City type of place for Americans to get drunk and indulge their worst instincts surrounded by poverty-filled slums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World