Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:23 AM

10,648 posts, read 16,070,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Don't try to score weed in China either.It's capital punishment,no kidding.
Yes but China is still corrupt enough to let me go with a bribe, if i don't carry more than a ounce i think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 09:29 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,508,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Yes but China is still corrupt enough to let me go with a bribe, if i don't carry more than a ounce i think.
Also, Iran is surprisingly lax with weed.. they've also considered legalizing it.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:41 AM

8,875 posts, read 8,476,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Ummm I wasn't thinking about bribery,but I think you're right.
Lol this is actually quite hilarious.

I'm so gonna try some if I get to visit the NL.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:46 AM

27,677 posts, read 28,781,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
NYC
Only if you don't have money.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:28 AM

36 posts, read 44,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I have to agree with Los Angeles. Most of it feels like a huge suburb, not a compact and walkable city.
What's the point of that?

Every attraction there is so far spread out that it's very annoying. In fact, most people who haven't been there won't believe it. Hopefully, it will improve over time.
Improve? The city is collapsing. Just read its own "LA 2020 report." People are fleeing.

1. Denver - never had a good experience there, friend ended up in the hospital, driving over Rockies is stressful, very rugged. People seemed friendly enough.

2. Chicago - I don't know why I have just never liked it. It always felt really really unsafe. Like ppl were lurking. Plus, I love NYC so Chicago is just like meh.

3. Copenhagen (years ago) - it was kind of boring, lots of restaurants closed early, and lots of bums and vagabond culture, and then touristy stuff. Other cities in Denmark are stunningly beautiful.

I surprisingly liked Scottsdale (very small tho) and loved San Francisco. Imho, if you go to NYC you have to have a plan and know where to go.
One surprising city that I was so surprised I loved is San Diego. Wow, what a cute smaller city on the water. Easy to navigate, tons of family stuff to do, easy to get around and make it up as you go. Loved it.

4. Los Angeles -- lived here for years and it's overrated. No culture. Most of the ppl are awful. West LA is nice but Santa Monica has a serious homeless problem.

Last edited by caLa310; 09-19-2014 at 10:37 AM..

Old 09-19-2014, 10:56 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,909,936 times
Shanghai: I had a very (obviously unrealistic) vision of what this city was. The area in and around the famous skyline really offers not much. The Bund was *sort of* interesting, but there wasn't much to experience. The French Concession was the coolest part but, again, I wasn't super impressed.

This isn't to say that Shanghai isn't worth visiting. I was simply disappointed in as much as I expected much more in the way of Chinese culture.

Beijing, on the other hand, is really awesome save the gross green air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World