Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 03:17 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,418,629 times

Advertisements

I finally found someone to do my fence. Freaking $650 I really didn't want to spend.. and the motor on my dog's electric door broke ($88) and yet another trip to the vet for my chronically sick dog ($105). So much for getting a new toy

BTW, I think you can look at calling in the troubleshooters in two ways. You're being proactive in your neighborhood and making it a better place or the neighborhood looks like crap because of a few individuals. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we all could sue those individuals for lowering property values thanks to their BS, correct? That would probably be difficult, but it would also be a good (and legal) way of giving them the beat down they deserve.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:29 PM

34 posts, read 55,419 times
GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!! WE HAVE LEGAL HELP!

First, I want to be one of the first to give a big hand of applause to Cher and the other seniors who have taken an interest with what is going on at Westcreek and the apparent infractions that are occurring at the homeowners' expense. CHER THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!! We all owe you BIG TIME!!!

Second, I think it is time to get more than just the Troubleshooters involved. We might want to explore the options of containing state representatives, state attorney general and, if we feel there are some illegal activities or improprieties involved, request investigations by state and county law enforcement, i.e. Texas Rangers, Bexar County DA, and the like. We might also consider retaining an attorney to force the unseating of the current board and the termination of the current employees. There was no reason for the assessment to be raised this past year and definitely no reason for another increase. I looked over the proposed budget and there are many areas that need to be trimmed.

We need to demand transparency and we also need to see some "fat" trimmed from the budget. With Westcreek being a non-profit, they have to tow the line for tax purposes and to maintain the non-profit status. The budget and the revenues have to balance. Westcreek on paper does that, however, but I am not convinced that in reality doesn't make a profit. Money appears to be placed into reserves. There seems to be no accountability. The board and the employees are accountable to the laws of the State of Texas and to the Homeowners of Westcreek.

HOMEOWNERS UNITE!!!! CHER, I am definitely onboard and we need to start having homeowner meetings to plan strategy and decide how we want to proceed. Time is of the essence. If Cher is willing, my husband and I are willing to join the fight. My husband and I will be willing to put in the time and energy and research given our chosen professions. Ed, my husband, is an attorney and I am a paralegal, so we are no strangers to the legal arena. What we don't know about real estate and homeowners associations, we would be willing to learn.

I await feedback from all or any of you.

Last edited by codeblue; 09-29-2009 at 03:41 PM..

Old 09-29-2009, 03:35 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVDOGS3 View Post
firstclassflyer, or maybe he got so sick of all the BS just like the previous Rec. Dir., who I knew personally and who got sick of all the underhanded shenanigans going on. Please, who doesn't need to work in to today's economy?
You don't know folk's financial situations. There is a lot more money out there than you think. Don't kid yourself.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:18 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post
At the risk of being crucified by most of the people in this thread, I would say the the BOA did a very good job trying to explain most of the issues that are often raised on this thread.

1.) They started out the meeting with a few representatives from the Sherriff's office to talk about their role in Westcreek as well as promoting the COP program. The COP program only has 10 active volunteers in Westcreek, they could use more help. Who better to know the difference between an intruder and a neighbor than our other neighbors?

2.) The 2 houses that Westcreek doesn't exactly own because the mortgage company is still owed their money, and Westcreek is not responsible to pay the mortgage (the home owner is). Therefore, the mortgage company can foreclose the house under Westcreek at any time.

3.) The gazebo was just a plan. Any business comes up with plans and examines whether or not it would be cost effective for their business. If they can create more revenue by having weddings at the clubhouse, the gazebo just might pay for itself.

4.) They spent about 1.5 hours going over the budget for next year, as well as showing the budget and what was actually spent for the past 2 years. Most of the people had left before then, but it was informative and transparent. After seeing the numbers, a hike in our assessments appears to be reasonable.

Just thought somebody might want to hear from a happy homeowner.
Aquajox - This is not directed to you, it's only a comment. Some are the same comments I made to others prior to your post.

I'm not being a smart a... but can anyone please tell me who in the hell would want to get married in the VOWC? With the sounds of cars driving past, noise from the Sports Park, dirt bikes down in the creek bed. It's everything we asked for on our Wedding Day.

I know the gazebo is not going to be built but if it were it would sit there and rot.

Last edited by wellguy; 09-29-2009 at 06:01 PM..

Old 09-29-2009, 08:51 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,429,863 times
For the record, the rec director had to leave due to family situations, not anything related to Westcreek. Leave it alone, it's personal.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
For the record, the rec director had to leave due to family situations, not anything related to Westcreek. Leave it alone, it's personal.
Not everything is as it seems, dissenters.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:56 PM

33 posts, read 50,976 times
Smile THANK YOU for the lady and her prayer group

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeblue View Post
GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!! WE HAVE LEGAL HELP!

First, I want to be one of the first to give a big hand of applause to Cher and the other seniors who have taken an interest with what is going on at Westcreek and the apparent infractions that are occurring at the homeowners' expense. CHER THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!! We all owe you BIG TIME!!!

Second, I think it is time to get more than just the Troubleshooters involved. We might want to explore the options of containing state representatives, state attorney general and, if we feel there are some illegal activities or improprieties involved, request investigations by state and county law enforcement, i.e. Texas Rangers, Bexar County DA, and the like. We might also consider retaining an attorney to force the unseating of the current board and the termination of the current employees. There was no reason for the assessment to be raised this past year and definitely no reason for another increase. I looked over the proposed budget and there are many areas that need to be trimmed.

We need to demand transparency and we also need to see some "fat" trimmed from the budget. With Westcreek being a non-profit, they have to tow the line for tax purposes and to maintain the non-profit status. The budget and the revenues have to balance. Westcreek on paper does that, however, but I am not convinced that in reality doesn't make a profit. Money appears to be placed into reserves. There seems to be no accountability. The board and the employees are accountable to the laws of the State of Texas and to the Homeowners of Westcreek.

HOMEOWNERS UNITE!!!! CHER, I am definitely onboard and we need to start having homeowner meetings to plan strategy and decide how we want to proceed. Time is of the essence. If Cher is willing, my husband and I are willing to join the fight. My husband and I will be willing to put in the time and energy and research given our chosen professions. Ed, my husband, is an attorney and I am a paralegal, so we are no strangers to the legal arena. What we don't know about real estate and homeowners associations, we would be willing to learn.

I await feedback from all or any of you.
Code Blue this is just what our group of seniors needed! As always, we are here to help in any way you need.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:31 AM

41 posts, read 58,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Please put down the coolaid! Where did you hear that from . . .the HOA? I know for a fact that is NOT the case. No matter what anyone says.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:43 AM

41 posts, read 58,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post
At the risk of being crucified by most of the people in this thread, I would say the the BOA did a very good job trying to explain most of the issues that are often raised on this thread.

1.) They started out the meeting with a few representatives from the Sherriff's office to talk about their role in Westcreek as well as promoting the COP program. The COP program only has 10 active volunteers in Westcreek, they could use more help. Who better to know the difference between an intruder and a neighbor than our other neighbors? I agree. There needs to be more volunteers. However, the training that is required is 8 hrs and it is difficult for people like myself to give up 8 hrs straight or even 4 hrs x 2 at any one time. Additionally, what BCS did not tell you was that at one point we had more folks that went out of WC to attend a class and they moved the class without informing MC. So sevral people showed up (cannot remember the #s) and had to go back home without the training and then were asked to reschedule. It just seemed unprofessional to say the least, definitely inconvenient.

2.) The 2 houses that Westcreek doesn't exactly own because the mortgage company is still owed their money, and Westcreek is not responsible to pay the mortgage (the home owner is). Therefore, the mortgage company can foreclose the house under Westcreek at any time.

3.) The gazebo was just a plan. Any business comes up with plans and examines whether or not it would be cost effective for their business. If they can create more revenue by having weddings at the clubhouse, the gazebo just might pay for itself. You are right it was a plan. But, if you look behind the CC there is a little more than a plan. It was a working plan. The BOD was acting on their plan. This plan was stopped due to outcry of homeowners letting the BOD know that they did not wnat their assessments paid for such a structure. LC was at worst lying to us or at best stretching the truth when she called it a plan.

4.) They spent about 1.5 hours going over the budget for next year, as well as showing the budget and what was actually spent for the past 2 years. Most of the people had left before then, but it was informative and transparent. After seeing the numbers, a hike in our assessments appears to be reasonable. Respectfully, I disagree concerning the review of the budget. While it might have been thorough it was not respectful. Why take up all the time to go line by line through the budget, without the ability to ask questions. We could not even ask clarification questions. It was another example of the BOD huberous and IMO a blatant disregard for HOs time and effort to participate in this TownHall meeting. Like I said in a previous post, they should eb ashamed of themselves.

Kudos to you for speaking your mind on this thread. It is in the minority but alsways welcome.

Just thought somebody might want to hear from a happy homeowner.
Comments in BLUE.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:56 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,429,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC2006 View Post
Please put down the coolaid! Where did you hear that from . . .the HOA? I know for a fact that is NOT the case. No matter what anyone says.
Well then what is your fact?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio